BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Tony Mowbray: "I don't sit here in fear fighting for my job" | Lancashire Telegraph

What a load of drivel. The comments of a coward. Trying to blame the fans for upsetting the young lads. Shameful. Try winning some games ya useless lump and then YOU wouldn't get criticised.

But don't worry, we'll get to the Prem next year. Or the year after. Or the year after. Er..one day. Look don't pressure me, you'll upset the kids.

Mowbray Out.

The very definition of creating an argument in an empty stadium.

They (but mainly he) have had it very very easy indeed thanks to lockdown.

“We’ve reach Bowyer’s stop. Please alight here or remain on board for Kean Central...”

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Sorry guys I'm not with you on this.  I read the PNE v Rovers thread on the Preston supporters site after we killed them at Deepdale. I was so grateful we didn't have fans like that. Foul-mouthed morons calling for the managers head. The hate was palpable and horrible and I remember thinking how proud I was of our supporters in contrast to theirs.

This TM out stuff is getting wilder and wilder and before long we'll be approaching their level of vitriol.

TM has to go for football reasons. He probably needs to take half the team with him. He's out of ideas and we need a change. His backroom staff need clearing out as well (with certain exceptions like Damien). We all share the same views on the board and Venkys but that's where it should stop.

They are not evil villains, they're not corrupt, TM is not some moral defective, his character should not be ridiculed and his wife should not be mocked with references to drizzle cake (whatever that is).

TM, in my opinion, saved this club and gave us back some self respect, please don't flush this self respect down the pan with wild conspiracy theories and aspersions on people character and motivations.

We are Rovers not Preston/Burnley. That's not who we are, we are better than that. TM out yes. Lynch mob no thank you.

If you get mad reading this then I suggest you have a good look at yourself.

Is this satire? Or are you really offended by jokes about lemon drizzle cake (which are a poke at Mowbray and not his wife)?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I’ve just gone on Twitter and wish I hadn’t. Seems a large majority have come out in force over night, what the hell has happened? Likes of Dunn chirping up again (you do know you have another job now David?), Bayes praising him. Honestly seen 100+ posts backing him to the hilt, due to ‘credit in the bank’, ‘injuries’ and ‘it being a crazy season due to the environment.’

Apparently once we get fans back in and some of our injured players return we’ll smash it out the park next season and Mowbray deserves another couple years.

It is becoming a bit of a cult (think I have spelt that right)

Seems a lot are yearning For ToMo FC to get back to the highlight of the THIRD division and gave footballing giants like Wigan a run for their money.

Little old Blackburn Rovers is only the vessel for the Messiah to show his supporters his true greatness

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Tony Mowbray: "I don't sit here in fear fighting for my job" | Lancashire Telegraph

What a load of drivel. The comments of a coward. Trying to blame the fans for upsetting the young lads. Shameful. Try winning some games ya useless lump and then YOU wouldn't get criticised.

But don't worry, we'll get to the Prem next year. Or the year after. Or the year after. Er..one day. Look don't pressure me, you'll upset the kids.

Mowbray Out.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

He says fans have been critical of some young players but he has publicly called out several of them for the world and his wife to read. He also says he doesn't read papers or social media but is aware of fans being critical of him. And he has finally put the 'humble Tony' theory to bed with his latest inane drivel.

Hard not to agree with these posts. As stated a ton of contradictions. Beginning to use his family as a shield - where have we seen that before? It gets more like the beginning of Venkys reign every day. 

Utter lies. You can't say that you don't feel the pressure whilst putting an article out saying you don't feel the pressure and using every non footballing reason to justify yourself as possible. Fwiw I know a ton of guys who are great father's and work very hard but I don't think it entitles them or makes them suitable to manage this great club. 

Have we had a week where he hasn't contradicted himself? No moments he is proud of Vs very proud to manage us being today's. His second contradiction after Nayambe gate. Or third using arbitros criticising youngsters comment. 

Oh and when you have to tell people you are a great guy you generally aren't. 

Thing is we will win today giving the clown a free pass for another 6 months. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

It is becoming a bit of a cult (think I have spelt that right)

Seems a lot are yearning For ToMo FC to get back to the highlight of the THIRD division and gave footballing giants like Wigan a run for their money.

Little old Blackburn Rovers is only the vessel for the Messiah to show his supporters his true greatness

It does seem that way.

In reality fans don’t support Mowbray. They support anyone wearing the badge. “Til they die”.

As soon as they leave the spell is broken.

It would be quite noble if they weren’t so vicious towards fans who actually see the writing on the wall. It has probably got worse against a backdrop of Twitter and virtue signalling tbf.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I’ve just gone on Twitter and wish I hadn’t. Seems a large majority have come out in force over night, what the hell has happened? Likes of Dunn chirping up again (you do know you have another job now David?), Bayes praising him. Honestly seen 100+ posts backing him to the hilt, due to ‘credit in the bank’, ‘injuries’ and ‘it being a crazy season due to the environment.’

Apparently once we get fans back in and some of our injured players return we’ll smash it out the park next season and Mowbray deserves another couple years.

Everybody loves a bit of virtue signalling on there it's the order of the day towards allsorts just at the min.  And that's all it is, no sign of most of these after every poor defeat and when he's lashing out. Do a sob story and twist it around so suddenly he's the victim ( on about 500k per yr ) and they sniff it out a mile away and are all over it.

Lose today there'll be nothing but a handful hanging about again.  As for Dunn is there a more self interested person out there than him ?  Isn't he an agent now as well as house salesman, land owner, failed manager and coach ?

If Mowbray had bounced him out the club i suspect he'd be shouting from a different hymn sheet. At least Gallagher has the balls to speak up.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Southside Rover said:

I'm not sure what you mean. You asked me about the generating funds part not about the cost of renovating Brockhall.

Someone with a different opinion doesn't have to be a troll. I work about 17hrs a day generally, I've got better things to do that wind up disgruntled Blackburn fans who I sit beside, cheer beside, moan beside when not in a pandemic...

My advice would be work a bit less in that case. I used to work daft hours until I realised it wasn't doing me any good mentally.

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Everybody loves a bit of virtue signalling on there it's the order of the day towards allsorts just at the min.  And that's all it is, no sign of most of these after every poor defeat and when he's lashing out. Do a sob story and twist it around so suddenly he's the victim ( on about 500k per yr ) and they sniff it out a mile away and are all over it.

Lose today there'll be nothing but a handful hanging about again.  As for Dunn is there a more self interested person out there than him ?  Isn't he an agent now as well as house salesman, land owner, failed manager and coach ?

If Mowbray had bounced him out the club i suspect he'd be shouting from a different hymn sheet. At least Gallagher has the balls to speak up.

As I’ve said before the lack of fans in grounds is amplifying the always bipolar world of social media, couple that with the trolls purely on the wind up and it’s getting a prominence it doesn’t deserve. We are all talking about idiots on Facebook, Twitter etc far more than we would’ve this time last year.

The match day crowd is always the key barometer, patient and pretty fair bunch at Ewood, and when they turn it’s normally a pretty clear sign that a manager has lost his way and it’s time for a change. Alas without them we are all bouncing from game to game getting increasingly wound up.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Sorry guys I'm not with you on this.  I read the PNE v Rovers thread on the Preston supporters site after we killed them at Deepdale. I was so grateful we didn't have fans like that.

So you're agreeing Mowbray was wrong to insinuate that Rovers fans are responsible for upsetting the young lads? So who are you 'not with' on this and what do you mean?

TM has to go for football reasons. He probably needs to take half the team with him. He's out of ideas and we need a change. His backroom staff need clearing out as well (with certain exceptions like Damien). We all share the same views on the board and Venkys but that's where it should stop.

Agreed. Everybody is saying he has to go for footballing reasons.

They are not evil villains, they're not corrupt, TM is not some moral defective, his character should not be ridiculed and his wife should not be mocked with references to drizzle cake (whatever that is).

Who isn't corrupt and how do you know? Why should Mowbray's character not be questioned? Where did the Lemon Drizzle cake reference come from?

We are Rovers not Preston/Burnley. That's not who we are, we are better than that. TM out yes. Lynch mob no thank you.

Lynch mob? That's quite some accusation from someone upset that TM is having his character questioned. 

TM, in my opinion, saved this club and gave us back some self respect, please don't flush this self respect down the pan with wild conspiracy theories and aspersions on people character and motivations.

I agree with your assessment of TM, but they are hardly 'wild' accusations when after 10 years of utter mismanagement the club have now decided to sell half the training ground for houses, and the people 'driving' this forward are people who were involved in the sale of Coventry's training ground.  Rovers fans have genuine concerns and have every right to ask questions about what is happening at the club. Also, take into account how the news of the training ground broke. It didn't come from the club.

If you get mad reading this then I suggest you have a good look at yourself.

I'd suggest you do the same. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Why is he constantly apologising? What does that do? He doesn’t manage the team, his job is to offer solutions for parts of the enterprise that are failing, a Chief Exec usually has the actual authority to stop the rot, not be a mere hostage to fortune with his hands in the air. Probably a module in his MBA that suggests ‘open and honest communication with customers, take responsibility etc.’

‘I don’t want to make excuses, but... pitch, Covid, locked training ground, takeaway food, injuries, weather ‘

Best bit, ‘started with great football, the weather was mild, pitches slick’... obviously new to the meteorological phenomenon called ‘seasons’.

I used to know a chief exec at a Rugby League club. He told me his main role was to remove all the reasons the players gave for losing so at the end of the day the players had no more excuses.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Stuart said:

It would be quite noble if they weren’t so vicious towards fans who actually see the writing on the wall. It has probably got worse against a backdrop of Twitter and virtue signalling tbf.

I think a fair reflection would be that both sides of the Tony Mowbray argument have vicious figures. To brand one lot as that and not the other is a little unfair to me, perhaps a biased reflection.

People in the Twittersphere would read these forums and perhaps be taken aback by how completely different the views are, much as many BRFCS posters are taken aback by the wholly different views found on social media.

To call one user group vicious is harsh in the least.

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

As for Dunn is there a more self interested person out there than him ?  Isn't he an agent now as well as house salesman, land owner, failed manager and coach?

Agreed. Club legend but does my head in now. Bloke needs to concentrate on his day job - imagine Fleetwood fans must find him grating already. Clearly in Tony’s old boys club so won’t hear a bad word said about him. To be fair, if he told us all to ‘get real’ over Kean he’s not going to slag Tony off much is he.

• Like 6

...very interesting read in The Telegraph....” Im  here from 7 in the morning till 7 at night....I leave no stone unturned...” 

Tony......you need to look under some other stones lad......these are bringing you nothing....and to do that for 12 hours a day .There must be a better way of earning a living... Dear me ...

Edited by Dolly blue
Punvtation
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

...very interesting read in The Telegraph....” Im  here from 7 in the morning till 7 at night....I leave no stone unturned...” 

Tony......you need to look under some other stones lad......these are bringing you nothing....and to do that for 12 hours a day .There must be a better way of earning a living... Dear me ...

Eats lemon drizzle and snoozes for 11 of those 12 hours I’d wager.

4 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

Want to increase expenditure and drive down results? Well now you can.  For the price of a family-sized Lemon Drizzle Cake you can own 'The Tony Mowbray Way - failing better'.  Available Now!!

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

28 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

As I’ve said before the lack of fans in grounds is amplifying the always bipolar world of social media, couple that with the trolls purely on the wind up and it’s getting a prominence it doesn’t deserve. We are all talking about idiots on Facebook, Twitter etc far more than we would’ve this time last year.

The match day crowd is always the key barometer, patient and pretty fair bunch at Ewood, and when they turn it’s normally a pretty clear sign that a manager has lost his way and it’s time for a change. Alas without them we are all bouncing from game to game getting increasingly wound up.

17 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Agreed. Club legend but does my head in now. Bloke needs to concentrate on his day job - imagine Fleetwood fans must find him grating already. Clearly in Tony’s old boys club so won’t hear a bad word said about him. To be fair, if he told us all to ‘get real’ over Kean he’s not going to slag Tony off much is he.

Never forget the Kean comments nor the photo of his best pal Orr mocking the club crest.

His opinions are no more valid than any other fan whatever they might be. 

Away from that some of the personal stuff at Mowbray is a bit out of order. Although the drizzle cake stuff is more banter than anything and has been around ages.  Anybody getting offended at that is a bit of a plum.

Trouble is once fans feel they are being dug at and the longer a manager like him detaches himself from every awful run he presides over, the more nasty it'll get.  

If he'd outstayed his time at his beloved Boro it would've got a lot more tasty than it is here. 

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Mowbray Out.

Blaming the fans again, anyone but himself, as ever. 
It doesn’t matter how long the man spends in the building if he keeps playing players out of position and we still can’t defend.

• Like 5

I used to work at Brockhall, back in the days when it was a large hospital and residential complex for folks incarcerated because they were different or had a child in 'unusual circumstances' and there was a bloke there (Henry) who worked in the Physiotherapy unit. Henry used to rock up for his shift and instead of doing any work, he just used to go into the hydrotherapy pool area (always kept nice and warm) and curl up with a book amongst the great piles of towels in bags...emerging only most days for tea and cake and to bugger off home. Cushy number...

I wonder if TM has a similar MO?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Not enough people these days have actually played the game at any level beyond " jumpers for goals " on their local Rec. Even playing for a youth club side or a pub team gives you a reasonable idea of what's required to win games of football.  Most of those posting haven't had that experience these days. Where I live, even before the pandemic, the number of amateur teams has fallen massively in the last 25 years. That's how they're kidded so easily.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I've never considered him a club legend.

Very good player, but he's never shown the attitude you'd associate with a legend.

• Like 1