BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

8 hours ago, LDRover said:

Just seen an interview with Mowbray on Andy Bayes's twitter. Suddenly he's gone all Mr Motivator, passionate about the club, bigging us up as world famous Blackburn Rovers and how he's proud to manage us.

A complete u turn from the disrespectful shite he was peddling a couple of weeks ago. Looks like this is his Plan B to keep his job, he knows he's losing (lost) the fans and is on a charm offensive to woo back the weak and gullible (of which there are plenty). 

Shame he's got no Plan B on the pitch.

It seems to have worked on some fans. Its given a few of them the chance to come out and back him. 

One of them even told me that the injuries to JRC and Wharton have decimated us which is what has held us back.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Southside Rover said:

Of course it is about trust and clearly their is none from the majority. I'm in the minority I know that.

Losing cat 1 status would be a disaster but the club acknowledged that and I don't see that is the intention. I see a proposal that intends on retaining that status whilst generating funds and setting the club for the next 20 years by investing into the infrastructure. 

Time will tell, maybe I'll have to come back cap in hand, maybe I'll get some apologies when and if it happens and we know whether that trust was well placed or not.

They don’t need to sell land and downsize to invest in the infrastructure and set us up for the next 20 years. They could do this themselves very easily. You seem incapable of seeing this point.

If your billionaire uncle offered to buy you a modern high-end electric car you’d be quite pleased but maybe begin to wonder ‘what’s the catch?’. Then when he told you that you he was going to trade in your prized classic one-of-a-kind Rolls Royce (your only inheritance) and he will use that money to do so, I think you’d feel a little cheated. Especially when he is telling you that you only need a two-seater, even though you’ll have nowhere to put the kids.

At the end of the day, of course, this is now the Rao’s land. They can do what they wish with it, subject to laws and regulations. But fans have an emotional stake in it and the Raos need to recognise this. When we only find out about it because the news is leaked then, even ignoring history, it leaves a bitter taste and any trust is gone.

Then consider that they have the power to hugely change our situation but they won’t even change the manager.

• Like 6

Tony Mowbray: "I don't sit here in fear fighting for my job" | Lancashire Telegraph

What a load of drivel. The comments of a coward. Trying to blame the fans for upsetting the young lads. Shameful. Try winning some games ya useless lump and then YOU wouldn't get criticised.

But don't worry, we'll get to the Prem next year. Or the year after. Or the year after. Er..one day. Look don't pressure me, you'll upset the kids.

Mowbray Out.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Tony Mowbray: "I don't sit here in fear fighting for my job" | Lancashire Telegraph

What a load of drivel. The comments of a coward. Trying to blame the fans for upsetting the young lads. Shameful. Try winning some games ya useless lump and then YOU wouldn't get criticised.

But don't worry, we'll get to the Prem next year. Or the year after. Or the year after. Er..one day. Look don't pressure me, you'll upset the kids.

Mowbray Out.

Just read that myself ..dear oh dear oh dear ..red rag to a bull that interview !

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Mowbray Out.

Yes, "Honourable Man" my ar*e" !

Mowbray has just ensured a toxic relationship with the fans.

• Like 2

Still sounds like he’s in fear of his job. You know it’s bad when we start hearing about the hours put in, the kids and missus, how it’s up to the owners, ‘if it doesn’t work, no problem’ etc etc.

But it all depends if he’s actually heard he’s vulnerable or he just assumes he is, as he would be everywhere else...

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Mowbray Out.

"I don't sit in here in fear fighting for my job cos I'm mates with the CEO"

Also the young lads do probably see the criticism however the vast majority has been levelled at Mowbray rather than the players so cant see how that would damage their confidence. 

What Journey are we on btw? We're going to go into summer probably needing another 4 or 5 signings as we do every summer. 

What's worse is I read that whole interview in his dull dejected voice and nearly put myself to sleep. 

Edited by RoverDom
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Mowbray Out.

🤢🤮🤢🤮

what a horrible article. Horrible that it was even printed.

boo hoo Tone, pass the tissues.

doing what you’ve always done is clearly the problem so please don’t continue to do so. It just doesn’t work.

We need someone else to do exactly what you don’t do. 

i used to love football like you claim to. Sadly that real love is long gone following The last ten years, and is hanging on by the smallest of threads. What happens next is the defining moment for me if there is any chance of that being rekindled.

I don’t necessarily blame you, it’s just that you’ve run your course. How strange it is to feel literally nothing when an inevitable goal in conceded; to feel only slightly more when we actually score.

My son is 1 and I’ve got about 5 years before he will get football for this team to once again be one that we can be proud of. If this stagnation and boredom continues, why would I try to get him to follow the rovers? In its current guise, it would put him off the game for life. It simply is numbingly not enjoyable.

the time for change is now, was 5 games ago, was 2 years ago.  Someone for the love of god take some responsibility and make it happen.

Edited by SamTheShrew
  • Like 3

He says fans have been critical of some young players but he has publicly called out several of them for the world and his wife to read. He also says he doesn't read papers or social media but is aware of fans being critical of him. And he has finally put the 'humble Tony' theory to bed with his latest inane drivel.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, neophox said:

Ipswich may be about to sack Lambert and maybe that's a job Mowbray is looking at. 

Why would he be looking at another job? There's absolutely no indication he wants to leave or that he's in danger of the sack. His mate is the CEO. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 1

The Telegraph was a poor excuse for an out of touch rag bag even before it started publishing drivel at this level of inanity. Now it is absolutely nailing its colours to the mast, and unashamedly coming out as a propaganda peashooter to pour salve on the half-wits dumb enough to read its wretched content.

Journalism is dead at a local level. We just have brown-nosing mouthpiece morons posing as honest conduits of the wisdom of the ones upstairs.

No wonder we are in such a shitty position.

Sack the fooking lot of them.

• Like 1

Sorry guys I'm not with you on this.  I read the PNE v Rovers thread on the Preston supporters site after we killed them at Deepdale. I was so grateful we didn't have fans like that. Foul-mouthed morons calling for the managers head. The hate was palpable and horrible and I remember thinking how proud I was of our supporters in contrast to theirs.

This TM out stuff is getting wilder and wilder and before long we'll be approaching their level of vitriol.

TM has to go for football reasons. He probably needs to take half the team with him. He's out of ideas and we need a change. His backroom staff need clearing out as well (with certain exceptions like Damien). We all share the same views on the board and Venkys but that's where it should stop.

They are not evil villains, they're not corrupt, TM is not some moral defective, his character should not be ridiculed and his wife should not be mocked with references to drizzle cake (whatever that is).

TM, in my opinion, saved this club and gave us back some self respect, please don't flush this self respect down the pan with wild conspiracy theories and aspersions on people character and motivations.

We are Rovers not Preston/Burnley. That's not who we are, we are better than that. TM out yes. Lynch mob no thank you.

If you get mad reading this then I suggest you have a good look at yourself.

9 hours ago, Southside Rover said:

These are business people, they aren't going to just accept 200 million losses and walk away are they? I'm not protecting their mistakes but if we were in business, got it wrong, inherited huge debts as a result, would we walk away or reevaluate and step back trust in who we see as capable, I know not an opinion shared to get stability and then build to get back to where it needs to be to recover those losses.

Clearly that takes time and might not ever get there but I don't know why anyone would walk away with a 200 million loss. 

They might choose to walk away with a £200m loss; simply because this is as good as it is likely to get. Pumping in c.£17m p.a. to keep the business ticking over is throwing even more money into a black hole.

The only positive way out for them is promotion & a sustained spell in the PL. No other scenario gives them their money back.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

The Telegraph was a poor excuse for an out of touch rag bag even before it started publishing drivel at this level of inanity. Now it is absolutely nailing its colours to the mast, and unashamedly coming out as a propaganda peashooter to pour salve on the half-wits dumb enough to read its wretched content.

Journalism is dead at a local level. We just have brown-nosing mouthpiece morons posing as honest conduits of the wisdom of the ones upstairs.

No wonder we are in such a shitty position.

Sack the fooking lot of them.

Peter White will rolling around in his grave

2 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

It seems to have worked on some fans. Its given a few of them the chance to come out and back him. 

One of them even told me that the injuries to JRC and Wharton have decimated us which is what has held us back.

I’ve just gone on Twitter and wish I hadn’t. Seems a large majority have come out in force over night, what the hell has happened? Likes of Dunn chirping up again (you do know you have another job now David?), Bayes praising him. Honestly seen 100+ posts backing him to the hilt, due to ‘credit in the bank’, ‘injuries’ and ‘it being a crazy season due to the environment.’

Apparently once we get fans back in and some of our injured players return we’ll smash it out the park next season and Mowbray deserves another couple years.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!