BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would he even notice tho? 

And getting it trending on Twitter is going to do nothing.

The decision was by made by the owners not Pasha 

I dunno, worth a shot though I guess? 

I thought he was the only one they listened too? Apart from whichever agency is bending them over at the time.

44 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Thank goodness for Sheffield Wednesday's points deduction otherwise we would only be 6 points from relegation. It's incredible really all the time and money he has had and we are only 8 places higher than when he took over.

That's true , 6 points on their total and we would certainly be in the poo...

Might still be yet ..

7 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Seen this doing the rounds. If you have twitter give it a little vote. 

Screenshot_20210227-190937_Twitter.jpg

Has to be other teams fans voting no. 😂 There can’t be one single Rovers fan who thinks he should stay surely? If there is a Rovers fan on here who thinks he should stay and is brave enough to say it, I’m all ears and ready for a debate, I mean come on even Chaddy wants him to go now! #MowbrayOut #WaggottOut 

33 minutes ago, Butty said:

Has to be other teams fans voting no. 😂 There can’t be one single Rovers fan who thinks he should stay surely? If there is a Rovers fan on here who thinks he should stay and is brave enough to say it, I’m all ears and ready for a debate, I mean come on even Chaddy wants him to go now! #MowbrayOut #WaggottOut 

They are all over social media pal. There is a sizeable strain of competitively optimistic Rovers fans who prioritise blindly backing the badge and those who wear it over pragmatism and the actual best interests of the club. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

They are all over social media pal. There is a sizeable strain of competitively optimistic Rovers fans who prioritise blindly backing the badge and those who wear it over pragmatism and the actual best interests of the club. 

Makes me feel a bit sick that, glad I’m not on Facebook anymore for sure 😂

• Like 1

Nicko saying there's a bit about us in the paper tomorrow and replied to a question about TM with "needs results..and soon". He's changed his stance from a week ago when he said TM was well protected. I suspect he's heard something to change his mind. 

Could the owners finally have lost patience? 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have read and watch the Mowbray's pre Coventry interviews. Plenty of passion there from him which I never doubt he has or he wants to get us promote. I don't doubt his commitment or that he is honest man. But the problems has been his lack of quality defensive signings like a back up right back or a couple of centre backs. Or we go on the losing runs too much at the wrong times of the season just as we are a couple of points of top 6. 

I don't hate him or wish any bad on him at all. He rebuilt a club and fanbase after Coyle appointment and sacking. But we want promotion back to the Premier League now and not be mid table championship team

You mention the defence but I actually think it is a bit of a misconception that our problems are concentrated at the back. We have only scored more than 1 league goal in 3 of the last 16 games, for a manager who claims to want to play expansive football, we are sorely lacking in attack and are critically reliant on one player to repeatedly and single handedly score the goals and since that avenue has slightly dried up we have looked impotent. Our goal tally may well be improved (not 100%) but that is disproportionately swollen by 4 wins in which we scored 16 goals against teams most of which went down to 10 men, with 9 of aforementioned goals coming in such circumstances.

Mowbray repeatedly changes formation and plays attacking players out of position which are not characteristics that will lead to goals. There is the obvious Gallagher out wide bullshit, our best player Dack has also been used bizarrely since his return with the manager unsure on how to use him, playing him as a false 9, a midfielder deeper in a midfield 3 or even wide left amidst constant rotation. He was essentially at right back today! The false 9 bollocks has also been thrust upon Holtby in the past and Elliott more recently, a player who had been thriving wide right and since he has been used at times as a false 9 or in central midfield he has struggled to maintain the consistency of performances. Even Rothwell is occasionally moved about.

Players dont get into the box either, I am unsure whether the blame around that lies in the tactics or indeed with the players that Mowbray has assembled. Armstrong has run into the channels and put in a few dangerous crosses lately including one today in the first half and there is never a sign of anyone anticipating these chances.

3 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Need to get #MowbrayOut trending on Twitter again to turn up some heat.

Unfortunately it wouldnt make the slightest bit of difference.

Tony Mowbray says Rovers players are 'fighting hard' | Lancashire Telegraph

“Yet ultimately we live and die by the results and we have to accept it, but we could have won those games, but we didn’t.

“This was another tight game, could have gone either way, it ended a draw. I think we could have been sat here talking about six draws with the tightness of the games"

He needs help.