BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

17 minutes ago, J*B said:

Yes I’ve protested/boycotted in different capacities since Kean. I think it’s achieved plenty - I’d like to think I played a small role (like all other protesters) in Kean walking, I’ve sat through meetings with members of the Rovers boards offering opinions, strangely I was once consulted on transfer business one season, I’ve spoken to Waggot and Pasha about the club and how I feel about it. I don’t think any of that would have happened if I hadn’t been involved in protests.

As with every post I’ve ever made in here, it comes with a caveat that I post what people tell me. Not everyone - but if I think it sounds plausible, I post it. Some turn out to be right (latest one Dani Ayala), some turn out to be wrong.  That’s the way it goes - but I’ll always post what I’m tipped off with. 

I’ve absolutely no idea what your last sentence means. 

Ah, "tipped off".... I'd never post anything that I'd heard from another source, unless I trusted the said source implicitly and knew that what I'd been told was 100% correct. Even then I'd take a considered view before doing so.

Regarding your last sentence Josh: I've got no intention of posting the detail of a private message between you and I, I'll leave it there mate.

30 minutes ago, J*B said:

Yes I’ve protested/boycotted in different capacities since Kean. I think it’s achieved plenty - I’d like to think I played a small role (like all other protesters) in Kean walking, I’ve sat through meetings with members of the Rovers boards offering opinions, strangely I was once consulted on transfer business one season, I’ve spoken to Waggot and Pasha about the club and how I feel about it. I don’t think any of that would have happened if I hadn’t been involved in protests.

As with every post I’ve ever made in here, it comes with a caveat that I post what people tell me. Not everyone - but if I think it sounds plausible, I post it. Some turn out to be right (latest one Dani Ayala), some turn out to be wrong.  That’s the way it goes - but I’ll always post what I’m tipped off with. 

I’ve absolutely no idea what your last sentence means. 

I wouldn't know Pasha if i fell over him so as someone who's spoken to the guy what are your impressions ?   If you don't mind sharing them obviously, understand if you'd rather pledge the 5th but i'd just be interested to know.

As the resident enigma or Phantom of the Opera hiding behind curtains it's about time we got an idea of what he's like.

12 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Haha did you see my replies? 

I genuinely have no idea what he's trying to achieve its the worst metric out there.

Did I see right, that Dan Clough 'liked' the tweet or whatever it was?

Fucking says it all if true!

Boycott The Lancashire Telegraph and shut the rag down....."Granny baked a cake!" Who gives a fuck about such drivel.

38 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Ah, "tipped off".... I'd never post anything that I'd heard from another source, unless I trusted the said source implicitly and knew that what I'd been told was 100% correct. Even then I'd take a considered view before doing so.

Regarding your last sentence Josh: I've got no intention of posting the detail of a private message between you and I, I'll leave it there mate.

This is a discussion forum, if it isn’t the place for tip offs I don’t know what is. The place is built on tip offs! 

I’m totally bemused as to what you’re getting at, if it makes it easier I’m happy to share every single private message we’ve ever had? I’ll do a summary if easier..? 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I wouldn't know Pasha if i fell over him so as someone who's spoken to the guy what are your impressions ?   If you don't mind sharing them obviously, understand if you'd rather pledge the 5th but i'd just be interested to know.

As the resident enigma or Phantom of the Opera hiding behind curtains it's about time we got an idea of what he's like.

There really isn’t much to say that hasn’t been said. He’s a nice enough guy for what it’s worth. Obviously knew very little about football originally but understands it more now. Wants the club to do well, wants to protect the owners, doesn't want any limelight, doesn’t trust many.

All of these people are here because it’s a job. One of the hardest things for fans to get around is that this is just work to them, there isn’t the level of passion that the fans have.

• Like 3

Just now, J*B said:

There really isn’t much to say that hasn’t been said. He’s a nice enough guy for what it’s worth. Obviously knew very little about football originally but understands it more now. Wants the club to do well, wants to protect the owners, doesn't want any limelight, doesn’t trust many.

All of these people are here because it’s a job. One of the hardest things for fans to get around is that this is just work to them, there isn’t the level of passion that the fans have.

I think fans most fans fully understand that and its been highlighted as a problem. Someone like him isn't going to grow into the job and do their best putting the club first like someone such as Williams say.

I reckon he'll just want an easy life and try and keep a balance between what those here say and what his boss says.  Tricky job for him so probably best to always try not to upset the applecart either end.

That sadly is no good for the progress of the club, for all we know he protects what's going on here and feeds his boss all the stats stuff.

Shouldn't be anywhere near running the place, no wonder he hides.

21 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Do the pre-80s figures take 2 points for a win into account?

No. It’s a great point but I guess as I’ve used three points it’s a fairer comparison in terms of wins and draws.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

I think fans most fans fully understand that and its been highlighted as a problem. Someone like him isn't going to grow into the job and do their best putting the club first like someone such as Williams say.

I reckon he'll just want an easy life and try and keep a balance between what those here say and what his boss says.  Tricky job for him so probably best to always try not to upset the applecart either end.

That sadly is no good for the progress of the club, for all we know he protects what's going on here and feeds his boss all the stats stuff.

Shouldn't be anywhere near running the place, no wonder he hides.

Last time I looked Venkys personal bodyguards still used this forum to assess opinion. I’d start there 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Last time I looked Venkys personal bodyguards still used this forum to assess opinion. I’d start there 🙂

No not at all, this man is tasked with looking after his bosses toy so i'm afraid it should be him under the spotlight.  It should be a very bright one as well.

A bodyguard isn't going to make any difference, they didn't under Keans watch.

If you want answers you go to the very top and its been made public this guy is the pipeline to Balaji.  He needs rooting from the shadows finally he's had a charmed life whilst he's been here compared to others.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, J*B said:

Does he understand what it will take for us to get promotion from this league? 

Cant blame anyone for not wanting any limelight really can you. Or for not trusting many people in football

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m not interested in ‘passion’, plenty of ‘passionate’ owners and execs feck up too.

But Christ, if this is ‘just a job’ to them, something they do without emotion and they are still making such a mess after so many years, then god help us. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

No not at all, this man is tasked with looking after his bosses toy so i'm afraid it should be him under the spotlight.  It should be a very bright one as well.

A bodyguard isn't going to make any difference, they didn't under Keans watch.

If you want answers you go to the very top and its been made public this guy is the pipeline to Balaji.  He needs rooting from the shadows finally he's had a charmed life whilst he's been here compared to others.

The problem I’ve always found is that Venkys feel taken advantage of and that’s the memo. If we drive Pasha out we’re not going to help with that. We’re just making it even harder for them. This is all my opinion of course - but I personally think the only way out of this is to work with Suhail and gain Venkys trust as fans.

The absolute worst thing you can do is email them/phone them/WhatsApp them saying “Waggott, Mowbray and Cheston are all rubbish, they’re not to be trusted, I know people that can do their job better” or similar. They’ll never trust a word you say and you’ll be forever branded as someone trying to take advantage. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

The problem I’ve always found is that Venkys feel taken advantage of and that’s the memo. If we drive Pasha out we’re not going to help with that. We’re just making it even harder for them. This is all my opinion of course - but I personally think the only way out of this is to work with Suhail and gain Venkys trust as fans.

The absolute worst thing you can do is email them/phone them/WhatsApp them saying “Waggott, Mowbray and Cheston are all rubbish, they’re not to be trusted, I know people that can do their job better” or similar. They’ll never trust a word you say and you’ll be forever branded as someone trying to take advantage. 

For once, I agree with you.

So why is it you're still boycotting? To me that is a total contradiction to what you have just preached.

Edited by darrenrover

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

So how do we work with Suhail and gain Venkys trust? 

32 minutes ago, J*B said:

This is a discussion forum, if it isn’t the place for tip offs I don’t know what is. The place is built on tip offs! 

I’m totally bemused as to what you’re getting at, if it makes it easier I’m happy to share every single private message we’ve ever had? I’ll do a summary if easier..? 

I bet you are!....that's a disgraceful comment to make and an absolute abuse as a supposed 'custodian' of this site.

Edited by darrenrover

2 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

For once, I agree with you.

So why is it you're still boycotting? To me that is a total contradiction to what you have just preached.

I’m not boycotting like I once was. I said this earlier.

I’ve gone through all different stages - refused to buy a season ticket, away cash only games (Rovers don’t get anything when it’s cash only), away games only, only go to home games if the ticket is already paid for. I’m now at ‘will buy game tickets home and away when suits, but won’t buy a season ticket’. 

I’m not buying a season ticket until there’s something I can get behind. I don’t care if that’s League 1 with Gareth Ainsworth. In fact I’d rather that than Premier League with Steve Kean. Until I feel a connection to the players on the pitch and the approach from the club I’m not handing over ST money. I’d love to be an Accy fan - I really like that they’re doing, alas I’m not. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

The thing is regardless of trust most fans of any club don’t have a huge day in day to day running. What I would be more interested in knowing is what they plan long term. Being decisive is key Mowbray has failed badly this season and he’s been shown incapable of arresting the decline. The fact he could still be here next season is the first stage in fan mistrust 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

Impossible to work with anyone who doesn't engage with fans.

It seems to me they've been poisoned by the one's they seem to prefer to trust that fans are the enemy. Yet it's those they chose to trust who take advantage and rip them off. Not the supporters who more often than not end up being the ones who were right.

Until they wise up to this and realize a club is nothing without its fans and start engaging with them there'll never be any real progress.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m not boycotting like I once was. I said this earlier.

I’ve gone through all different stages - refused to buy a season ticket, away cash only games (Rovers don’t get anything when it’s cash only), away games only, only go to home games if the ticket is already paid for. I’m now at ‘will buy game tickets home and away when suits, but won’t buy a season ticket’. 

I’m not buying a season ticket until there’s something I can get behind. I don’t care if that’s League 1 with Gareth Ainsworth. In fact I’d rather that than Premier League with Steve Kean. Until I feel a connection to the players on the pitch and the approach from the club I’m not handing over ST money. I’d love to be an Accy fan - I really like that they’re doing, alas I’m not. 

1 minute ago, PeteJD13 said:

The thing is regardless of trust most fans of any club don’t have a huge day in day to day running. What I would be more interested in knowing is what they plan long term. Being decisive is key Mowbray has failed badly this season and he’s been shown incapable of arresting the decline. The fact he could still be here next season is the first stage in fan mistrust 

Mowbray will be gone by the end of May.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, darrenrover said:

I bet you are!....that's a disgraceful comment to make and an absolute abuse as a supposed 'custodian' of this site.

Nick there’s absolutely nothing I have said to you in private messages that I wouldn’t say on this thread. Your post makes it out like we have some sort exclusive private messages going around that other people cannot know about - that’s simply not true.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Nick there’s absolutely nothing I have said to you in private messages that I wouldn’t say on this thread. Your post makes it out like we have some sort exclusive private messages going around that other people cannot know about - that’s simply not true.  

I hope it is mate and that they don't!

Let's leave it there shall we?!

13 hours ago, J*B said:

There really isn’t much to say that hasn’t been said. He’s a nice enough guy for what it’s worth. Obviously knew very little about football originally but understands it more now. 

Still doesn't understand it too well though, otherwise why is Moggadonnasaurus Rex still here? 

Nice guys, nothing. Not interested. Clearly venkys are idiots, they're employing a business model that doesn't work, they take to long to reach decisions and when they do, they're the wrong ones. I don't care how much money they have. It doesn't buy Class, and it can't change the terminally stupid into smart operators. 

They're a pox, the lot of them. I hope their haemarrhoids get infected with blood-sucking fleas and I hope their nuts drop off and roll down the drain. The only thing they'll get right is putting the club up for sale, otherwise we're dying a slow death

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 7