BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I hope @darrenrover is right!

but my money is on no change to the present inept incumbents.

There is indeed a review scheduled for the May, but that’s always the case. Knowing our luck we will win all our remaining fixtures and finish 11th or something. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It is indeed going to be a big rebuild which makes a mockery of Mowbray's 'Journey' and 'Building'

This is one of the main reasons why Mowbray has to go. He had 3 years of squad building and backing of 20 million pounds financially from the owners for transfer fees plus wages and we are no better off league position wise and there is some damming stats of Mowbray's squad this season. These being not scoring in 24 first half of games out of 41 leagues games, 1 win in 15 games, lack of goals of set pieces, the number of chances we created each game. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, J*B said:

There is indeed a review scheduled for the May, but that’s always the case. Knowing our luck we will win all our remaining fixtures and finish 11th or something. 

If that happens then its a new 4 year contract.

On results I want us to contribute to Rotherham staying up and doing our best to relegate Derby or Brum, I know its wishful thinking.

39 minutes ago, J*B said:

I think Ayala will be what gets him the chop, last time we had shocking run Waggott came out to defend him. No ones doing that now 

Edited by PeteJD13
  • Like 3

Just now, davulsukur said:

How do Venkys gain our trust, more like.

I see it as a 2 way thing. Venkys need to communicate to us and learn to understand how to run the club with proper experience CEO running the club who is properly engage with the Club fans along with a proper modern footballing structure. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I see it as a 2 way thing. Venkys need to communicate to us and learn to understand how to run the club with proper experience CEO running the club who is properly engage with the Club fans along with a proper modern footballing structure. 

If they haven’t learnt this after a decade, why will they suddenly start to?

It’s obviously just how they like to run things.

Mowbray needs to understand our journey came to an abrupt stop on 6th February 2021 when we capitulated against a woeful QPR followed by a bit of shuddering in further disgraceful capitulations versus nob end, Barnsley, forest and Watford ending with a limp performance v Coventry.

He hasn’t learned any lessons, he remains deluded failing to acknowledge or admit his own shortfalls and continues dishing out disrespectful comments to the support.

Mowbray out 

Edited by 1864roverite
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, PeteJD13 said:

Totally agree with this people are steady complaining that the summers going to be belt tightening. What else do you expect us and every other club will be doing the same 

Apart from when we end up selling Armstrong to a rival club. 

Also I'm not aware of anyone else set to lose 15 players.

So other clubs won't be doing the same. We will have a mountain to climb and a manager that shouldn't be here

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

A competent, empowered and functioning CEO would do it. Then it wouldn't matter that they know the square root of zero about football.

The fact they still have appointed one is proof that they still haven't learned anything.

• Like 1

In this instance it's understandable they might sell Armstrong and use what profit there is to balance the books. Hard as it is to swallow it's not unusual that side of it this time is bad luck.

Still swings back to the manager though for pishing all that money away on two guys he can't make head or tail of. He should be potted for that but i think it might actually be something that helps keep him in a job. He'll be telling the owners he can adjust play again and make one of them shine and double in value. They'll probably swallow it as well.

We all know though we are in the mire next season for goals if we lose him.

Rhodes to Graham to Armstrong to what ? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well give them time, it's only been ten years and counting so far. 

🤔 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So other clubs won't be doing the same. We will have a mountain to climb and a manager that shouldn't be here

Crystal Palace most of there squad is out of contract 

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Whilst I admire and respect optimism that is just wishful thinking and IMHO is never going to happen.

Instead they install the likes of Pasha as a safety buffer.

Learn from history and their 10 years of gross mismanagement.

I have been anti TM for a long time but realise he is just a symptom.

The real and, still, unsolvable problem lies in Pune.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

If they haven’t learnt this after a decade, why will they suddenly start to?

It’s obviously just how they like to run things.

Get Pasha onside and working with him with help. 

20 minutes ago, martonrover said:

A competent, empowered and functioning CEO would do it. Then it wouldn't matter that they know the square root of zero about football.

The fact they still have appointed one is proof that they still haven't learned anything.

The problems is certain people have taken advantages of them and now are very caution who they can trust. 

24 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Sheffield Wednesday, Wycombe and Huddersfield set to lose more than us. 

Plus we have a number of club options on players contract which again you overlook JH

22 minutes ago, DE. said:

So they think they can trust the likes of HSH and the Coventrio but not actual Rovers fans whose only motivation would be to see the club succeed? Makes sense.

HSH clearly get their trust through Bowyer and the mess we were in at that time and the job he has done

29 minutes ago, DE. said:

So they think they can trust the likes of HSH and the Coventrio but not actual Rovers fans whose only motivation would be to see the club succeed? Makes sense.

That's about the size of it.

Along with them probably being cheap on the commission front and having a few desperado's on their books.

Edited by tomphil

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Get Pasha onside and working with him with help. 

The problems is certain people have taken advantages of them and now are very caution who they can trust. 

Sheffield Wednesday, Wycombe and Huddersfield set to lose more than us. 

Plus we have a number of club options on players contract which again you overlook JH

Two of those are going down and Huddersfield are offloading their PL earners who have swallowed up all their parachute cash.

We are in a dreadful position. 

Options on players, if invoked, will likely see players going through the motions for 12 months unhappy at the club and counting down the days to departure.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Two of those are going down and Huddersfield are offloading their PL earners who have swallowed up all their parachute cash.

Options on players, if invoked, will likely see players going through the motions for 12 months unhappy at the club and counting down the days to departure.

If Mowbray stays, yes. Not set in stone if he doesn't

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So cos they going down they down count then? 

Did you want to keep of the majority of these out of contract players who have proved they arent they good enough for what we need. I would deffo keep JRC, probably Nyambe and maybe Rothwell but depends on his role within the team under a new manager. Rest can go..not good enough for what we need