BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

59 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

I’ll talk to the owners in the summer and see what we all want to do and where life is

i suspect that’s code for a parting of ways 

Giving the new guy as little time as possible to make a decision on the out of contracts. Brill.

• Like 1

''I’ll talk to the owners in the summer and see what we all want to do and where life is''

This pearl of wisdom says a lot about his state of mind and where he see himself in the scheme of things - in charge.

That or he thinks he's Tony Sagan or Brian.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

3 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Tony's latest utter bullshit ramblings

“I don’t know how the league is and how the other teams are doing, because I don’t look."

Surely that's the equivalent of a Sales Director saying he doesn't look at sales or what any competitors are doing.

You'd be fired for that anywhere else.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PeteJD13 said:

I’ll talk to the owners in the summer and see what we all want to do and where life is

I dont think so. I think its code for him drifting through the next couple of months, then wrapping the fools around his and Waggott's little fingers with his excuses and fairy tales.

Or if they tell him there's no money he can walk away and leave someone else to pick up the mess.

For Venkys I fully expect they'll stick rather than twist.

A bloke they like, who won't make demands of them, who has another year to run on his deal.

I can't envisage them sacking him and his staff and risking another Lambert scenario by bringing in someone else and a new team who will expect cash to spend.

Easier to just leave things be

• Like 2

“I don’t know how the league is and how the other teams are doing, because I don’t look."

Now apart from the stupidly of that statement it's the most obvious lie in the world. 

How else does he know to follow the Brentford or Barnsley model? Which he is on record of saying. 

He is also on record of saying teams are doing well, fighting for promotion etc. 

It's the most stupid obvious lie which shows he has zero integrity whatsoever. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Well, it works for the government, lie after lie after lie, so I suppose you can't blame Mowbray for trying it too. 

You know, I nearly posted the same and didn't. 

Am sure the LET in the old days would have hammered such a blatant lie. 

• Like 2

Wow, wow, wow.

I’m a teacher. Can you imagine if I said to parents, or my head teacher, or to my employers at the council  “I don’t know how my pupils perform in their exams, because I don’t look at their exam results”?

Is there anybody on this website who could conceivably come out with such bullshit with regards to their performance at work? Imagine a manager at one of their battery chicken factories telling the local Indian paper “I don’t know how many chickens we have sold, because I don’t look at sales figures”. 

I thought reading about ‘expected goals’ was the daftest thing I would read in a long time. Now we have a manager of a football team claiming to not know what the league table looks like - in April!

I want to work for Venkys. What a laugh: 

“How much shit did you shovel today RoverInverness?” 

“I don’t know Mr. Pasha, I never looked at the pile”

“OK, we will review in summer”

Easy money. Literally stealing a living.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, RoverInverness said:

Wow, wow, wow.

I’m a teacher. Can you imagine if I said to parents, or my head teacher, or to my employers at the council  “I don’t know how my pupils perform in their exams, because I don’t look at their exam results”?

Is there anybody on this website who could conceivably come out with such bullshit with regards to their performance at work? Imagine a manager at one of their battery chicken factories telling the local Indian paper “I don’t know how many chickens we have sold, because I don’t look at sales figures”. 

I thought reading about ‘expected goals’ was the daftest thing I would read in a long time. Now we have a manager of a football team claiming to not know what the league table looks like - in April!

I want to work for Venkys. What a laugh: 

“How much shit did you shovel today RoverInverness?” 

“I don’t know Mr. Pasha, I never looked at the pile”

“OK, we will review in summer”

Easy money. Literally stealing a living.

It's impossible in any job not to assess performance. Aside from it being proved that it is a lie and he does know how others are doing you have highlighted the absolute falacy that it is even possible not to look at results. It can't be done. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

That's Mr honesty and integrity giving the fans the middle finger I'd say. 

Not looking at the table, hmmm that sort of statement reminds me of a man who didn't see a plane he was looking at!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Well, it works for the government, lie after lie after lie, so I suppose you can't blame Mowbray for trying it too. 

It's an absolute tie between him and Boris who has done the most U turns and goalpost shifting over the past 18 months !

• Like 1

Wow! Words fail me, seriously.

If we were in any doubt about who was number 2 on the most disliked manager's list, there you have it. Even Coyle wasn't stupid enough to spout shite like that.

I don't think it'll be long before he's vying for top stop with the Cumbernauld one. I appreciate that there's a few think he's there already, but not quite yet for me, although he's trying his best to get there!

Go on Tony, just go, off you fuck.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Wow! Words fail me, seriously.

If we were in any doubt about who was number 2 on the most disliked manager's list, there you have it. Even Coyle wasn't stupid enough to spout shite like that.

I don't think it'll be long before he's vying for top stop with the Cumbernauld one. I appreciate that there's a few think he's there already, but not quite yet for me, although he's trying his best to get there!

Go on Tony, just go, off you fuck.

Christ, surely it's not quite at that level yet 😂

7 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Actually I just looked at the most extended highlights I could find of that game and a 4 goal thrashing would have been more apt. But this is one of the games that has been well reported as a great battling performance and deserved point.  But I do not think there are many or even any games out there where a 4 goal defeat (as would have been deserved) could be described as such.

I demand a dR (deserved Results) table. I know Mowbray and his supporters have continually banged on about all these close defeats where we supposedly should have got more. But I can not help thinking back to those results where we actually got something and did not deserve anything had chances and officials done a better job.

Case in point. Boro away where we won 1-0 and took the 3 points. That kick in the head at 0-0 that went unnoticed for some reason should have been a Boro penalty and more than likely a deserved sending off. So we would have been 1-0 down and deservedly a man down in that game. With a deserved defeat being the likely outcome.

I suspect in a dR table we would be facing very real relegation battle. How about the win in the first game against Millwall where our defence were trying to play basketball in the last few minutes. We were very lucky not to concede a penalty and hence throw away 2 points.

Even taking our last game into account. I think Kaminsky deserved to be sent off. Imagine being a man down against Cardiff with Pears in goal, would we have got a draw? (How many would have been looking forward to Pears being in goal in an upcoming relegation fight match?).

I guess you could argue we could have picked up a few points extra in games where we were more unlucky (Was Armstrong's disallowed goal against Stoke ever shown to be onside? That was one of the only games where I really came away at the end thinking we perhaps should have won). Either way overall I think we would undoubtedly be on less points than we are now given dR. And where I think we are safe already on 47 points. If we were deservedly on a few less points than that, we would still have work to do in some nervous relegation battles.

To summarise, dR is probably less BS than any kind of xG analysis and we would be in a dESERVED relegation dogfight. Whereas our luck has allowed us to escape any relegation threat and plod along until the end of the season with most fans being in a Mowbray inspired coma.

Edited by Banzai
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

He wants sacking for his ramblings alone. How on earth the media let him get away with chatting this constant rollocks is astounding. They’re all just laughing their tits off at us all.

This.

Would this situation be acceptable to any other football club owners?...fans of other clubs will be pissing themselves laughing at such stupid comments by Mowbray the madman.

It's a fecking Circus.

• Like 4