BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

I can picture it now. His end of season meeting will be like a gender reveal party. There will be a big explosion as some giant balloons with our final league position float into the sky. Mowbray puts a positive spin on the fact we've stayed up.

mowbray.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Doesn't do formation's, doesn't do work on set pieces, doesn't look at the league table. What exactly does he do? He should be sacked for negligence. 

You miss off an important one,

Mowbray doesn't do results cos he is performance based manager Mowbray.

What a 🤡 he has become now with comments like that. Can't defend him or his comments anymore. They just get strike me as a manager under huge pressure cos his tactical approach or style of play hasn't work, his 2 majority cash signings, 3 players won't re-sign contracts despite being offered new contracts.

Needs to be sack immediately 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Be the easiest end of season meeting in Pune ever,

’So you said your target was top 6, did you hit it?’

’Dunno, haven’t looked’.

“Is there any way of finding out ?”

”Not that I’m aware of...”

”Well have another go then...”

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Be the easiest end of season meeting in Pune ever,

’So you said your target was top 6, did you hit it?’

’Dunno, haven’t looked’.

I haven't laughed out loud in ages, thanks 😂

5 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Doesn't do formation's, doesn't do work on set pieces, doesn't look at the league table. What exactly does he do? He should be sacked for negligence. 

He sleeps like a pro during matches, you've got to give him that.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

You miss off an important one,

Mowbray doesn't do results cos he is performance based manager Mowbray.

What a 🤡 he has become now with comments like that. Can't defend him or his comments anymore. They just get strike me as a manager under huge pressure cos his tactical approach or style of play hasn't work, his 2 majority cash signings, 3 players won't re-sign contracts despite being offered new contracts.

Needs to be sack immediately 

Please don't take this the wrong way, but it says everything when you see posts like this regarding our manager from chaddy. It is nice to see you on the dark side, welcome, as it's clear you won't swing back.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A junior, cliche mad and out of his depth journalist making an article as characteristically vague as ever in cobbling together a set of easy assumptions. Nothing to see here.

How is Jaquob Crooke a junior journalist? 

The article says his position will be review at end of the season. So how is easy assumption? Considering you think he will be still here next season surely you must be happy if his position will be review then?

1 minute ago, Ulrich said:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but it says everything when you see posts like this regarding our manager from chaddy. It is nice to see you on the dark side, welcome, as it's clear you won't swing back.

No not taken the wrong way at all. 

I'm fed up of him now and his comments. He needs to go. That's performance based manager bollocks really annoyed me and I found its completely the wrong thing to say in results based industry. 

We need a new manager or Sporting director/head coach structure in place for next season to move our club forward. Cos under Mowbray's journey we are on highway to nowhere. He said he built a top 6 quality squad here to Andy Bayes. How wrong he was

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RoverInverness said:

Wow, wow, wow.

I’m a teacher. Can you imagine if I said to parents, or my head teacher, or to my employers at the council  “I don’t know how my pupils perform in their exams, because I don’t look at their exam results”?

Is there anybody on this website who could conceivably come out with such bullshit with regards to their performance at work? Imagine a manager at one of their battery chicken factories telling the local Indian paper “I don’t know how many chickens we have sold, because I don’t look at sales figures”. 

I thought reading about ‘expected goals’ was the daftest thing I would read in a long time. Now we have a manager of a football team claiming to not know what the league table looks like - in April!

I want to work for Venkys. What a laugh: 

“How much shit did you shovel today RoverInverness?” 

“I don’t know Mr. Pasha, I never looked at the pile”

“OK, we will review in summer”

Easy money. Literally stealing a living.

I’m a nurse. Imagine if I said “ is he going to make it, I duno , I never check his results ,hopefully fingers crossed I can speak to a consultant in a few months and we can take it from there . I’m sure in the next four or five tests something positive will turn up“

“Are you doing everything you possibly can to keep him alive”

“I’m selling his heart monitor and buying state of the art stethoscopes, 

• Like 7

What has been unprecedented about this season and why is that an excuse for poor performance?

Everyone has been in the same boat.

Its just a convenient excuse.

To their credit Venkys could have forced sales or cut costs last summer due to the pandemic but didn't. So there's nothing in the excuse book about that.

The only excuses Mowbray can have are empty stadia and busier fixture lists.

He's lucky on both counts.

Empty stadia ought to affect us less with our 10,000 a week 2/3 empty ground than the titans like Bristol City with their 30000 a week crowds or whatever Mowbray reckons they get.

He's also been able to assemble his own squad over 3 years leading into the pandemic whilst others have had no time or scope to prepare and are still dealing with others legacies.

'The situation will be reviewed once the season has been completed, with an investigation into how the campaign deteriorated and how the club propose to move forward. Owners' Representative Suhail Shaikh and Chief Executive Steve Waggott will be at the centre of those discussions'

Mogga's bestie and a bloke who knows nowt about football will decide Mogga's future. What could possibly go wrong.🙄

The dullard is staying. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

What has been unprecedented about this season and why is that an excuse for poor performance?

Everyone has been in the same boat.

Its just a convenient excuse.

To their credit Venkys could have forced sales or cut costs last summer due to the pandemic but didn't. So there's nothing in the excuse book about that.

The only excuses Mowbray can have are empty stadia and busier fixture lists.

He's lucky on both counts.

Empty stadia ought to affect us less with our 10,000 a week 2/3 empty ground than the titans like Bristol City with their 30000 a week crowds or whatever Mowbray reckons they get.

He's also been able to assemble his own squad over 3 years leading into the pandemic whilst others have had no time or scope to prepare and are still dealing with others legacies.

I would have liked, but I can never give any credit to the Loons. I just think they have left the terrible triplets to their own devices, otherwise they would have shown them the doors ten games ago. They have just let us drift, by losing money hand over fist. Still don't get it!

Thats confirmed it then he's going nowhere unless he wants to.  The reason ?

Well it doesn't need reviewing does it so basically that's put out just to pacify people. Then they'll spin it to he'll get another season to put it right because of all the variables this season.

Of course the goalposts will move again as it turns into Mowbrays phase 3 rebuilding job. 

Based on that, I'd happily see us seeing out the season with a couple of draws (hopefully enough for survival) and a good couple of slappings, to ensure that there isn't a discussion to be had in the summer. The season is done for me, so I literally don't care how we do now as long as we stay up. Won't be paying to watch it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

I see Chorley have announced their season tickets details for the new season with substantial discounts for those who renewed in 20/21. No such forward planning at the Rovers!

There's nobody left in the building who knows what a fan looks like, let alone the purpose of a season ticket or that black art known as marketing.

Oh, and of course the Swindle brothers couldn't give a flying fook about fans, as it is much easier for them to rob the place blind if there aren't 12000 souls looking deep into their foul hearts every other weekend...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Thats confirmed it then he's going nowhere unless he wants to.  The reason ?

Well it doesn't need reviewing does it so basically that's put out just to pacify people. Then they'll spin it to he'll get another season to put it right because of all the variables this season.

Of course the goalposts will move again as it turns into Mowbrays phase 3 rebuilding job. 

Two things irk me with this.

Firstly all the variables in the world don't mitigate for a 1 win in 15 record or playing your striker at right back. 

Secondly this season should have worked in our favour. TM had had three years to assemble a squad and to implement a style of play. Much longer than all other managers. Clubs with better crowds get less of a home field or financial advantage over us too. 

All in all the excuses are bull. My hope is his pride won't let him take a relegation so he jumps ship in the summer. 

5 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Two things irk me with this.

Firstly all the variables in the world don't mitigate for a 1 win in 15 record or playing your striker at right back. 

Secondly this season should have worked in our favour. TM had had three years to assemble a squad and to implement a style of play. Much longer than all other managers. Clubs with better crowds get less of a home field or financial advantage over us too. 

All in all the excuses are bull. My hope is his pride won't let him take a relegation so he jumps ship in the summer. 

If Mowbray believes the bullshit he spouts then the man has no pride!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

If relegation is to be our fate under Tony "don't do" Mowbray, I do at least hope he blames it on a lack of dew. At least I'll be laughing on the way down.

We should have a thread for rovers managers moments. I also liked writing down shoot in a match where we hadn't had a chance. Some good pearlers over the years being a Rover, our crappy managers over the years have at least made us laugh.