BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

On 23/11/2021 at 22:21, 47er said:

I repeat, why would there be any sort of bonus at all for taking the club down 2 divisions? Why is that clause in there?

Do you believe any other manager had such a provision? Something dodgy here as there was about the whole takeover.

It has been explained to you on a few occasions now. You just don't get it! 

46 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

If he took the club down two divisions - he would earn less than he did if he kept the club in the Premier League.

That's not a bonus.

Its an addition to his ordinary pay, therefore its  a bonus. If its not what would you call it?

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

Its an addition to his ordinary pay, therefore its  a bonus. If its not what would you call it?

You're suggesting he was incentivised to get the club relegated.

His overall package was less if the club were relegated - negating the fact it's a 'bonus'.

There was absolutely no incentive for Kean for Rovers to get relegated - as much as I dislike both him and Venkys. 

He was financially worse off for the fact we got relegated - fact.

He was never going to resign either - with the fact he had to pay the club 12 months of his salary to do so. 

Its referred to as a bonus in the contract isn't it? Or have I misremembered? I repeat, if it isn't what would you call it?

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

He was never going to resign either - with the fact he had to pay the club 12 months of his salary to do so. 

Re the above, he sued the club for constructive dismissal and Venkys paid undisclosed compensation!

You think he didn't get his "losses" back?!!

Bloody stupid discussion this one!

1 minute ago, 47er said:

Its referred to as a bonus in the contract isn't it? Or have I misremembered? I repeat, if it isn't what would you call it?

Re the above, he sued the club for constructive dismissal and Venkys paid undisclosed compensation!

You think he didn't get his "losses" back?!!

Bloody stupid discussion this one!

It is referred to as a 'bonus' in his contract - but it's not a bonus for getting relegated.

Do you think his contract was incentivising him for getting relegated? By paying him less money?

Makes sense.

• Like 1

Just now, LeftWinger said:

It is referred to as a 'bonus' in his contract - but it's not a bonus for getting relegated.

Do you think his contract was incentivising him for getting relegated? By paying him less money?

Makes sense.

At last, its referred to as a bonus in the contract, its directly linked to us being relegated (twice!) but its not incentivising him for achieving relegation.

OK---you have explained what it isn't for iyo, so I'm asking you what it is for?

I would not bother 47er, a Premier league manager with a wage stipulation for league one is apparently normal. The saying there's none so blind as those who chose not to see, springs to mind. No other Premier league manager has that clause in their contract or ever has had, as no manager would survive a 2 league drop. Hey ho.

Edited by Ulrich
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, 47er said:

At last, its referred to as a bonus in the contract, its directly linked to us being relegated (twice!) but its not incentivising him for achieving relegation.

OK---you have explained what it isn't for iyo, so I'm asking you what it is for?

3 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

I would not bother 47er, a Premier league manager with a wage stipulation for league one is apparently normal. The saying there's none so blind as those who chose not to see, springs to mind. No other Premier league manager has that clause in their contract or ever has had, as no manager would survive a 2 league drop. Hey ho.

So ye are saying it was a conspiracy to get relegated on purpose?  Meaning he got a wage cut, reduced bonuses and his career left in such a state that he has been unable to work in the country since? 

Get the tin foil hats out 

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead

Let’s be honest, there’s no way a manager would be allowed to keep his job if he was relegated from the PL then eventually to L1, so there would be no need for any contingency on this basis! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulrich said:

I don't know if it's normal or not - I've not seen any other managers contractual details.

Without those clauses written into his contract - he'd have legally been entitled to the same wages in league one as he was in the Premier League - unless the club did sack him and pay him 12 months wages. To me it makes perfect sense to have these clauses written into his contract - as reducing his salary after relegation also means he's cheaper to sack.

Contracts are as detailed as possible to avoid any doubt. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

, Without those clauses written into his contract - he'd have legally been entitled to the same wages in league one as he was in the Premier League - unless the club did sack him and pay him 12 months wages. To me it makes perfect sense to have these clauses written into his contract - as reducing his salary after relegation also means he's cheaper to sack.

I wouldn't bother Leftwinger, you're talking complete sense on the issue but no-one seems prepared to listen.

Players also have clauses written into their contracts providing for overall pay reductions if relegated. However that doesn't mean they're going out deliberately trying to achieve that end or lose every game either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So ye are saying it was a conspiracy to get relegated on purpose?  Meaning he got a wage cut, reduced bonuses and his career left in such a state that he has been unable to work in the country since? 

Get the tin foil hats out 

Said "conspiracy" would also need the co-operation of all the players.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I don't know if it's normal or not - I've not seen any other managers contractual details.

Without those clauses written into his contract - he'd have legally been entitled to the same wages in league one as he was in the Premier League - unless the club did sack him and pay him 12 months wages. To me it makes perfect sense to have these clauses written into his contract - as reducing his salary after relegation also means he's cheaper to sack.

I don't see any common sense in it at all as common sense would dictate he would be sacked before relegation to the championship, as happens at 99% of all Premier league clubs. As I said at the start and some seem to have missed, having a league one wage stipulation in the contract implies they were will to tolerate Steve kean getting the club relegated 2 divisions.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Let’s be honest, there’s no way a manager would be allowed to keep his job if he was relegated from the PL then eventually to L1, so there would be no need for any contingency on this basis! 

Exactly, but there is one.......

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

I don't see any common sense in it at all as common sense would dictate he would be sacked before relegation to the championship, as happens at 99% of all Premier league clubs. As I said at the start and some seem to have missed, having a league one wage stipulation in the contract implies they were will to tolerate Steve kean getting the club relegated 2 divisions.

Surely the option is still there to sack him exactly as before but the amount of compensation payable is reduced?

40 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Surely the option is still there to sack him exactly as before but the amount of compensation payable is reduced?

Yes it is, but the clause shows that the club actually felt the need to cover their bases if Steve Kean took us down to league one. Why? Most if not every club on the planet would not tolerate a one division drop, but 2, and having a contingency plan for it in his contract? It seems very odd, as again what club would allow him to do that? So why plan for it? Why cover your bases when most would never allow that scenario to transpire. The fact it is there means the club planned for it and implies they were willing to accept it happening.

Rigger no one's getting in a tizzy

• Like 2

Kean was a morally corrupt money driven snake and a useless manager. Also nothing more than a bibs and cones coach despite some of the tripe on here about him supposedly being a well thought of one.

He was out of work when he got the Rovers gig which will have been down to Anderson. He's done nothing of note in the last 9 years in terms of the top 2 tiers of any standard of professional football.

His contract was 10 times above his level of ability and he only got anywhere near it because of back stabbing and jobs for the boys.

Lets all agree on that and put him to bed once and for all.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Yet its written in there! Bonkers!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray on change the style of play to counter attacking this season 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19744786.suits-players---mowbray-blackburn-rovers-style-shift/

So it took Mowbray a full season to realise that the system he was trying to implement, was no good in the league his team were playing in ?