BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

there is every chance that mowbray will change the system again,he`s very impressionable when it comes to watching other teams,he`s tried the possesion based s**t, tried to mimic man city`s false nine b******s and tried the wide striker nonsence,this counter attack tactic is just a passing fad imo,he`ll be onto something else next year

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

there is every chance that mowbray will change the system again,he`s very impressionable when it comes to watching other teams,he`s tried the possesion based s**t, tried to mimic man city`s false nine b******s and tried the wide striker nonsence,this counter attack tactic is just a passing fad imo,he`ll be onto something else next year

Lets hope it is something that doesn't involve him being at Ewood.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Whatever happened to good old 442 getting it down the channels and banging it into the box? Those were the days. 

Still no better sight or way of getting the fans on their feet than seeing a real winger running the touchline beating his man and whipping the perfect cross in. 

But sadly it is a rare sight and true wingers just don't seem to exist now

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Still no better sight or way of getting the fans on their feet than seeing a real winger running the touchline beating his man and whipping the perfect cross in. 

But sadly it is a rare sight and true wingers just don't seem to exist now

Wingers do still exist, it's just that they are usually played on the opposit wing and asked to cut inside.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

temporarily our of fashion but sooner or later some manager will try it,have success and it`ll be back😊

Unfortunately those types of player are not encouraged in the game any more.

I think the way they coach players now there is no tolerance of players taking someone on and beating them. Heavens forbid that might lose possession.

As effective as pressing and passing is, I find it quite tedious and boring.

As in all facets of life now, individuality has been eradicated in favour of homogenised mediocrity.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Unfortunately those types of player are not encouraged in the game any more.

I think the way they coach players now there is no tolerance of players taking someone on and beating them. Heavens forbid that might lose possession.

As effective as pressing and passing is, I find it quite tedious and boring.

As in all facets of life now, individuality has been eradicated in favour of homogenised mediocrity.

good point,the maverick and individuality are definately  long dead species😒,as much as man city win games,they don`t half bore me to death,i much prefer tuechels chelsea

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Whatever happened to good old 442 getting it down the channels and banging it into the box? Those were the days. 

The vast majority of managers/head coaches at Championship prefer to have 3 centre backs with wing backs. or playing 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 formation now. 

For those people who say (not on here really) it’s easy to pile on abuse of the manager whist in the middle of a death spiral. Even in 4th Tony Mowbray is a shit manager and will get rovers to no higher than mid table mediocrity probably no higher than 11th.

Mowbray out 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, matt83 said:

For those people who say (not on here really) it’s easy to pile on abuse of the manager whist in the middle of a death spiral. Even in 4th Tony Mowbray is a shit manager and will get rovers to no higher than mid table mediocrity probably no higher than 11th.

Mowbray out 

I’m praying you’re wrong. Waiting for the death spiral in Jan for a cheeky bet on making the playoffs 

We might have a bad run or two but as long as everyone remains fit i don't think this young team has a real 1 win in 10 death spiral in it. Unless he reverts to type and reels them in or changes back to possession crap i think they'll keep bouncing back from set backs.

With shackles of a squad full of defensive mids finally thrown off and trying to please a host of more experienced players just picking up wages this side has more spirit and hunger about it.  Also good a player as Armstrong was it was all about being tailored to him the last few seasons.  Far too rigid but now there's some flexibility to it and Mowbrays constant inter changing of systems and players is having a better effect.

He's had pelters at times and a lot of it justified by he seems to have the handle on this young squad. Maybe because a lot of egos have been removed, not by his choice but he's benefiting from it so far.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 9

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We might have a bad run or two but as long as everyone remains fit i don't think this young team has a real 1 win in 10 death spiral in it. Unless he reverts to type and reels them in or changes back to possession crap i think they'll keep bouncing back from set backs.

With shackles of a squad full of defensive mids finally thrown off and trying to please a host of more experienced players just picking up wages this side has more spirit and hunger about it.  Also good a player as Armstrong was it was all about being tailored to him the last few seasons.  Far too rigid but now there's some flexibility to it and Mowbrays constant inter changing of systems and players is having a better effect.

He's had pelters at times and a lot of it justified by he seems to have the handle on this young squad. Maybe because a lot of egos have been removed, not by his choice but he's benefiting from it so far.

If - and it's a big if - the penny has dropped with him, it's taken far too long. At least 2 wasted seasons IMO.

It's hard to knock him at the moment though. Up to 4th....who would have thought?!

If he continues to keep it simple, we stay lucky with injuries, Brereton keeps scoring etc, then we've got a chance.

• Like 4

• Backroom

There’s been some lows this season but you cannot argue with the league position, not a single one of us expected to be up in 4th at this point I imagine.

For me he would have gone at the end of the season but he didn’t and is on track to deliver actual progress.

I have no real hope of actually going up but if we are there or around the pack we have that chance 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Is he fuck as like.🙄

Of course he is.

Look at us before him. He almost kept us up, convinced Venkys to keep the likes of Graham and Mulgrew, got us promoted from league 1.

That promotion in its self is legend status, look at the clubs that can’t get out of that league. If we didn’t do it that first season, I don’t think we would be out of it now.

On 25/11/2021 at 03:37, JacknOry said:

Like the way you have omitted the other 5 mil spent on another striker.

Downing was not our best player, but was good first season yes, second season? Ayala was injured first season and so far been good this - when fit.

Brereton took 3 seasons to finally come good - not a good way to spend 7mil when we needed strenghtening around the team. Im thrilled he is starting to come good but this is not my point. 

Gallagher at 5 million is fair. This isn’t the 90’s, that’s not a lot of money for a striker. Has it paid off? Not really, but the same manager signed Armstrong for 1.5 million and Dack for 750k so you take the good and the bad don’t you?

Yes Ayala was injured, was a risk with his record, but we didn’t sign him on a 1 year deal did we? And this season he has been immense, so a great signing.

Yes Brereton took a while to come good, but he has come good. And he’s 22. Just like Armstrong, our club has done really well in buying young talent that we can sell on for a big fee. 

Whilst you expect everyone we buy to be a world beater from the off, that’s not how football at our level works.

• Like 1