BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

On 25/09/2023 at 17:51, SuperBrfc said:

Every Rovers goal scored at St. James' Park since 1993:

The Paul Gallagher fist shot was wonderful. Me and my lad had been invited by a magpie pal to join him in the posh seats. When Gallagher scored we were up on our feet, nobody around us was. 😂. It was obvious to everyone that it was handball. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

The Paul Gallagher fist shot was wonderful. Me and my lad had been invited by a magpie pal to join him in the posh seats. When Gallagher scored we were up on our feet, nobody around us was. 😂. It was obvious to everyone that it was handball. 

That was funny as fuck. Especially when he had a cheeky look up to see whether he'd been caught or not.

• Like 1

On 03/10/2023 at 21:17, Ianrally said:

I remember listening to it on Radio Lancs and the commentators being in disbelief that we had got away with it.

The amazing thing is, we did it again two seasons later, when Morten punched in the winner at the same end. Get in! 😁.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

Yordi, anybody? Shame he only scored once more for us after this, but a towering header it was!

Great header. Fun fact - he's one of very few players whose debut for a club has come in a major cup final (so excluding things like the Community Shield).

• Like 2

Super goal ,note how fast the ball went forward, non of this crazy passing between centre halves...Also Friedel would have been in the goals that day  , his job was too stop the opposing team from scoring , not be a modern day Tugay !!! What's more he was bloody good at it ! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Super goal ,note how fast the ball went forward, non of this crazy passing between centre halves...Also Friedel would have been in the goals that day  , his job was too stop the opposing team from scoring , not be a modern day Tugay !!! What's more he was bloody good at it ! 

He didn't need to be Tugay. We already had Tugay!

And people have the actual fucking nerve to ask where we'd be without venkys.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, den said:

Photo from outside the BBE Ewood Park 1929. Rovers record crowd of 62,522 FA cup vs Bolton.

IMG_0212.jpeg

The guy front centre saying to his mate,

”I can’t believe it, they’ve shut the gates. It’s a bloody sell out. I knew we shouldn’t have had that last pint”

Edited by Riversider28
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Riversider28 said:

The guy front centre saying to his mate,

”I can’t believe it, they’ve shut the gates. It’s a bloody sell out. I knew we shouldn’t have had that last pint”

No. He's saying to his mate," I bet in 94 years time they won't even open the Blackburn End for a cup-tie. Some guy called Maggot will be running the club."

• Like 7