BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

48 minutes ago, Gav said:

Derby in playoffs 1992 - bit dusty too 

IMG_3134.thumb.jpg.dbe74393580b7da25e6c176d196cdb1a.jpg

I joke with my family and friends  when they ask me what was the greatest day of my life marriage, kids and  the comeback in this game is it

I even said it at the time. I was stood up in the open part of the Blackburn end. Years of almost rans but for once we knew it was going to be us and this game proved it. It was better than going straight up.

Great day great game

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Boroblue said:

I joke with my family and friends  when they ask me what was the greatest day of my life marriage, kids and  the comeback in this game is it

I even said it at the time. I was stood up in the open part of the Blackburn end. Years of almost rans but for once we knew it was going to be us and this game proved it. It was better than going straight up.

Great day great game

The BBE was rocking that day. As it was in the first PL home game against Arsenal. Great times.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

The BBE was rocking that day. As it was in the first PL home game against Arsenal. Great times.

went from despair to absolute bedlam when newell equalised,i think everyone in the bbe spent all half time singing and jumping around,the second half was always going to be special and there was only going to be one winner,speedie speedie speedie!!!!!!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

When I’m feeling a bit down I put Shearers goal against arsenal on and the sight of the blackburn end celebrating always cheers me up. It is a magnificent sight. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

When I’m feeling a bit down I put Shearers goal against arsenal on and the sight of the blackburn end celebrating always cheers me up. It is a magnificent sight. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j6ZY4h0oGo

Couldn't agree more, if the 2 Shearer goals at Palace in the first game didn't convince anyone, the goal and win against Arsenal certainly did.

We had arrived Boroblue 👍 

• Like 3

Am listening to Tony Blackburn's Sat Morning 60s show on BBC Sounds catch up. Guest presenter this morn was Petula Clark

She's just played Wandering Star, Lee Marvin.

Who remembers singing it at Ewood?!  'I was born in The Blackburn End'.  

Remember the verse,

'Knives are made for stabbing, guns are made to shoot

If you come in The Blackburn End we'll all stick in the boot'.

2 hours ago, Gav said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j6ZY4h0oGo

Couldn't agree more, if the 2 Shearer goals at Palace in the first game didn't convince anyone, the goal and win against Arsenal certainly did.

We had arrived Boroblue 👍 

That deflected shot took an hour to go in as seen from the Darwen End side of the Riverside

I always used to love standing on covered terraces at away games in the seventies and early eighties, when we took thousands. Ala Turf Moor and Bloomfield Road (The Kop used to be covered then and split in half for segregation, same as The Longside)

Our version of The Beetles 'Hey Jude' used to deafeningly reverberate and echo, underneath the stand roof for ages. It couldn't have failed to motivate the team.

Altogether now:

Na, Na, Na, Nanana Nah, Nananana Nah, ROVERS.......

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 5

17 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Our version of The Beetles 'Hey Jude' used to deafeningly reverberate and echo, underneath the stand roof for ages. It couldn't have failed to motivate the team.

Similar theme Nick and, I think a 70s thing but we used to sing, ‘We are the Rovers, we are the champions (repeat) for as long as could be managed. After a while it would change to, ‘ We are the Rovers ooohh, We are the Rovers ooohh,’ then back to the original but even louder. 😆 Great days.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Similar theme Nick and, I think a 70s thing but we used to sing, ‘We are the Rovers, we are the champions (repeat) for as long as could be managed. After a while it would change to, ‘ We are the Rovers ooohh, We are the Rovers ooohh,’ then back to the original but even louder. 😆 Great days.

When we're all let loose again Mark, let's get it going again but please no bloody drummer!

• Like 1

On 30/01/2021 at 13:30, iacok said:

Am listening to Tony Blackburn's Sat Morning 60s show on BBC Sounds catch up. Guest presenter this morn was Petula Clark

She's just played Wandering Star, Lee Marvin.

Who remembers singing it at Ewood?!  'I was born in The Blackburn End'.  

Remember the verse,

'Knives are made for stabbing, guns are made to shoot

If you come in The Blackburn End we'll all stick in the boot'.

You're a week too bloody late cocker, scroll back through the thread!😉

Clayton's left boot's got me going now, I've just took the top off a bottle of Desperado's and wet mi whistle!

How's about:

"We've won The Cup 3 Times on the run,

Champions of Division 1,

(da de da de da ???)...(I forget the middle bit)..

WE ARE THE BLACKBURN ROVERS!!"

But I'd draw the line with this ditty:

"Never give in, go out to win, forever will be our aim, Our name is ranked amongst the all time greats, never say die, we know the time will come to celebrate. For WE ARE The Rovers, we're proud of our colours, ever and ever and on to victory, for THE Rovers they'll be roaring, for THE Rovers we'll be scoring, whatever may come, by gum we'll make it a day!"

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Clayton's left boot's got me going now, I've just took the top off a bottle of Desperado's and wet mi whistle!

How's about:

"We've won The Cup 3 Times on the run,

Champions of Division 1,

(da de da de da ???)...(I forget the middle bit)..

WE ARE THE BLACKBURN ROVERS!!"

But I'd draw the line with this ditty:

"Never give in, go out to win, forever will be our aim, Our name is ranked amongst the all time greats, never say die, we know the time will come to celebrate. For WE ARE The Rovers, we're proud of our colours, ever and ever and on to victory, for THE Rovers they'll be roaring, for THE Rovers we'll be scoring, whatever may come, by gum we'll make it a day!"

The missing line is:

Now we're in three, it doesn't bother me. 

The three (for the youngest ones) was the old Division Three.

Its origination was on a Ribblesdale coach from a bloke called Nolan from Mill Hill.

Not a bad memory for an old git eh Nick 😁😁😁

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, arbitro said:

😄The missing line is:

Its origination was on a Ribblesdale coach from a bloke called Nolan from Mill Hill.

There's life in the old dog yet! 😉😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

The missing line is:

Just beat me to it, Tony!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Just beat me to it, Tony!

And then the song went na na na na ad nauseam during which we all bounced about like nutters 😁😁😁.

From that era John I don't remember too many individual songs for players - do you?

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

The missing line is:

Great song.

Lasy year, I met a mate from college, who I hadn't seen for 30 years. He is a West Ham fan and he remembered every word of that Rovers chant.

• Like 2