BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers remain in the market for two new additions in their goalkeeping department, with their search for a first-choice set to intensify in the coming days.

Mowbray would prefer a permanent addition and Bond would fit that category, and his demands would fit Rovers' wage structure. However, Rovers are also open to potential loan options, having been priced out of a move for Daniel Iversen but are still keeping tabs on Manchester City's Arijanet Muric. Wages are a stumbling block in that regard, with City holding out for a deal that would see Muric become one of Rovers' highest-earning players, although Rovers are hoping to sight the successful loan of Tosin Adarabioyo as a bargaining chip if they were to enter negotiations.

Links to Aynsley Pears have simmered and murmurs of a European goalkeeper have since surfaced as of late. Anton Mitryushkin, a 24-year-old Russian who left FC Sion this summer, has attracted interest from across Europe, including Ligue 1 side Monaco, and the goalkeeper would tick the right boxes in a young, developing goalkeeper with ball-playing capabilities.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-rovers-goalkeeper-transfers-bond-18800543

Avoid Bond for me.

Lancs live doesn't seem to have any rumours and seems to be mostly clickbait unfortunately.

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Brentford. 

And I didn’t even make that up.

But they did sell nearly £40 Million worth of players. This is where Mowbray has had an advantage over practically every manager in the division over the last 2 seasons, he has had good money to spend and has been allowed to keep all of his key players. Very few managers get the opportunity to do both of those.

• Like 5

The only reason I like the sound of this John Bond is he has the same name as a certain Burnley Legend who almost took them out of the old Forth Division and into Non League football! ?... 

Edited by Moptop1

6 hours ago, Gamst said:

Not really, I'm very much on the fence. I have doubts that he can continue the slow improvements he has made over the last 3 seasons given our lack of a squad at present. In fact as it stands we look pretty weak and at risk of rapid decline, but it seems fair that he is afforded the opportunity to prove me wrong. Having said that if he were to walk or be sacked tomorrow then I wouldn't be too disappointed. Sorry for my lack of a strong opinion either way. 

It was fair he was afforded the last two seasons. He has put the squad in a very precarious position during them and demonstrated he can't balance it properly.

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Sadly the emphasis has to be on the word "defeated" . It counts for nothing now I'm afraid.

I'm sure you'd say the same if Mowbray lost a playoff final. Finishing 11th was considered a watershed moment.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Tony once again saying too much.

No need to say it is a rebuilding job. I get what he means, but it isn't a rebuilding job. It is adding permanent fittings to where you once had temporary works. That's not rebuilding, that's continuing the build.

Of course it will be taken literally, and of course I will get pelters for trying to define what he is saying, but I certainly don't think Mowbray is looking at his squad thinking he is starting again on it.

He knew last summer that we'd need a keeper, centre half and left back again this year. It's not a surprise to him or anyone. The surprise might be that the taps have been turned off, although maybe he should have thought about that before the luxury signings that haven't quite worked out yet. 

Sorry, completely disagree.

imo he's trying to completely reset expectations to buy himself more time.

• Like 3

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Again the relevant word is "defeated". Frank and his players are bottle merchants.

Yes, they lost regular season games that should have seen them in an automatic promotion spot.They expected to go up via the playoffs. They won't make that mistake again.

How are Mercer's figures wrong in this instance?

Edited by Richard Oakley

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm sick of hearing it all Stuart. How long would he have got under Jack Walker ? Not this long, that's for sure.

"Jack, I know we paid Ben for 6 months to use our facilities, and I know we've been paying Richie and Sam to do nothing for twelve months already, but how about giving them another month?"

?

• Like 3

So the search is to be stepped up.

My god.

12 months after selling our keeper, a month on from waving off our loan and benchwarmer, pre season on Saturday and 3 weeks away from the big kick off and we are stepping up the search.

Coincidence that this has only happened now that Mowbray is back from his holiday and at Brockhall? I think not.

So amateurish its almost unbelievable. Can anything happen without Mowbray running it?

• Like 7

19 hours ago, Jlee1984 said:

If what is being said is true then so be it, still feel we will be strong enough to keep ourselves in the division, yes it will be a nothing season competitive wise, But we could end up with a few youngsters in the shop window which we need to move forward

Why play youngsters when we have a 12/14 goal a season centre back who Mowbray has fallen out with, talk about NOT being proffesional

• Like 1