BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

23 minutes ago, Mercer said:

According to our last football club accounts, wages and operating costs were running at almost £3million per month.

Since March, we've virtually had no income.

VLL made a £4million share issue in June which was probably to keep us afloat.

To stay in business for the rest of the calendar year, I would think we need at least £20million (April to December).

We may see only limited income streams until 2021.

IMO, it would be no surprise to see the sale of at least one, most likely two, of our 'prized assets' just to keep the club in business for the rest of 2020.

Problem is. I can't see who'd buy our 'assets'.  

Someone might take a punt on Armstrong for decent money.  

Travis could get a decent offer.  

Dack is a no go till at least January.  

Can't see anyone else being worth more than £2mil at best.  Probably Lennihan or Nyambe...although he's only got 12 months left.

Shambles.

Just now, Richard Oakley said:

We've 16 players who need new contracts or 15 walk for free. I can see informal conversations having taken place, but with the uncertainty surrounding our finances nothing will have got done. I can't see how trying to let that many players play for their contracts in the early part of the league season will allow us to get off to a good start. That's assuming the league starts in September and that we are in it.

phili set out the money we've had in since June and what we have to pay out and it doesn’t look like near enough. We’ve lost our main sponsor and got slightly more out of another.

Mowbray’s been insistent and consistent about keeping the squad together. It really looks like the club won’t sell any players or bring in revenue and Venkys won’t put in any money. That’s what it looks like to me.

Kamy, phili and Mercer have all hinted that when an announcement comes it is not going to be pleasant. They have even sugarcoated the hints. However, when it’s to avoid worrying the supporters, there’s no point in worrying; you know that it’s what happens next that matters.

Who are the 16 ? I've thought of Mulgrew, Bennett, Bell, Chapman, Nyambe and Johnson.

28 minutes ago, Mercer said:

According to our last football club accounts, wages and operating costs were running at almost £3million per month.

Since March, we've virtually had no income.

VLL made a £4million share issue in June which was probably to keep us afloat.

To stay in business for the rest of the calendar year, I would think we need at least £20million (April to December).

We may see only limited income streams until 2021.

IMO, it would be no surprise to see the sale of at least one, most likely two, of our 'prized assets' just to keep the club in business for the rest of 2020.

Hoping Josh King goes for £15-20 million. A lot of suitors apparently. Our percentage might help?

6 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

@Paul Mani Club has denied any offers have been made. Mowbray has already seen what happened to the money from the Platt transfer. I think he is determined to keep the squad together.

The club have denied bids for specific players. Rich Sharpe has confirmed that we are making offers for and to players. I’m guessing these are confirmed by the respective journalists covering the clubs / players in question.

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

There's a difference between speaking to a player (as Sparks Rover has claimed) and being willing or able to meet their demands.

All the evidence suggests we cant afford £800k for a keeper we wanted.

I don’t think the club have an interest in Dillon Phillips. He wasn’t mentioned at all. Muric, Iversen and Ohara were the names. 

21 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

lets be honest,after the virus it was unlikely there would be any money available and thats quite understandable,what is quite infuriating is the fact that there are dozens of potential free transfer bargains and lower league players flying around and it looks like we ar`nt going to bag any of them,i tell you know,mowbray is topping his pension up and thus is content with finishing on the bottom half,it`s unlikely we`ll go down unless there is a massive sale of our best players around the corner,tony and his mates are running a nice,cosy cabal and are answerable to no one,if and when we are allowed back into the ground i think the crowd(whats left of us) will turn viciously this season

We certainly don't have a manager who's hungry for success. I wouldn't say anything as conspiratorial as Mowbray not wanting us to go up but I don't think he's too fudged either way as long as he can keep the club afloat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

How do you contend that? 
He got loan players in who have returned to their parents clubs that were temporary measures. He spent £12 Million on two players that haven’t scored enough and now we apparently have no money. 
Who else is to blame for the money he spent and the decisions he alone made in the transfer market?

He's spent the £12 million and it's not even like we could cash in and get our money back is it ?

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He's spent the £12 million and it's not even like we could cash in and get our money back is it ?

you could probably get some money for gallagher,certainly not getting your 5 million back though?,you`de have to give brereton away im`e afraid,though it would be worth looking into suing forest on the issue they sold a footballer who was`nt one,trades description act innit?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes my point is that if Mowbray still wants a ball player centre back(who is also good defending) then no point signing some one else! 

Thanks @Kamy100 for sharing your info. I see that as we won't be spending any more 7 million pounds on players. But looking to bring through more academy players, cheap low fee players and looking towards the foreign player market where we can players for low fees instead of paying 1.5 million for league 2 centre defender. Surely making the club self sufficient is more of long term target of the owners and cannot be done overnight IMO.   

We shouldn't have a problem getting a ball playing centre half on a free transfer, the leagues are awash with them.

• Like 1

I'm a fan of Mowbray but I'm surprised to see that people don't seem to see us as relegation candidates? We may be saved by points deductions for other teams I suppose, but we look threadbare and a couple of injuries away from catastrophe. We don't have a first choice goalkeeper. We don't have a second choice keeper. Its not necessarily the managers fault as we evidently have no money. If you believe the rumours we are looking at decent players, but we can't compete with competitors for wages or transfer fees. Sadly he doesn't appear to be able to wheel and deal or sell the club like some managers who work on a shoestring can. We may be forced to bolster the squad with inferior players or loaned youngsters and this looks like a recipe for relegstion, but I barely see this mentioned...could come as a nasty surprise for some!

• Like 2

Just now, Gamst said:

I'm a fan of Mowbray but I'm surprised to see that people don't seem to see us as relegation candidates? We may be saved by points deductions for other teams I suppose, but we look threadbare and a couple of injuries away from catastrophe. We don't have a first choice goalkeeper. We don't have a second choice keeper. Its not necessarily the managers fault as we evidently have no money. If you believe the rumours we are looking at decent players, but we can't compete with competitors for wages or transfer fees. Sadly he doesn't appear to be able to wheel and deal or sell the club like some managers who work on a shoestring can. We may be forced to bolster the squad with inferior players or loaned youngsters and this looks like a recipe for relegstion, but I barely see this mentioned...could come as a nasty surprise for some!

If the season started tomorrow, yep, we are off down.

I'm clinging to the hope that we will actually sign a keeper, a centre back and a left back before the season starts. Although it's looking increasingly bleak.

• Like 1

Just now, Gamst said:

we`ll be ok,there are 6 or 7 teams that are in a worse situation than us,as long as we keep lenihan,travis,armstrong or dack i think you can expect a mid table/bottom half finish,the big danger is the above four getting lured away by bigger clubs or them getting fed up with mediocrity and banging in a transfer request

Just now, bluebruce said:

All of which begs the question- why are you a fan of Mowbray's?

You say it's not the manager's fault we have no money, but he is the one who wasted 12 million on two strikers that almost nobody thought we should be spending that much on.

He's done a decent job overall. He's made small gains year on year and brought back some integrity to the office after a string of disasters. Its only fair to mention his transfer successes alongside the money he has wasted. I also think he seems like a nice chap. He has made errors and I think he has taken the team as far as he can, but I can still be a fan of the bloke despite that. Everything doesn't have to be black and white. 

• Like 4

Just now, Gamst said:

He's done a decent job overall. He's made small gains year on year and brought back some integrity to the office after a string of disasters. Its only fair to mention his transfer successes alongside the money he has wasted. I also think he seems like a nice chap. He has made errors and I think he has taken the team as far as he can, but I can still be a fan of the bloke despite that. Everything doesn't have to be black and white. 

If you are of a mindset that we are relegation candidates prior to any new signings, considering that Mowbray has spent around 20m here and had over 3 years to build, then that would be incredibly damning.

I personally think that we arent in threat of relegation, I think that would be a little overdramatic, even though I also have massive doubts that he can take us forward and would 

The one area that as it stands is a total curveball is the goalkeeping area which has been neglected to the point of us only having kids there. I dont have any faith in Mowbray fixing that area, considering his negligence bringing in Walton and letting Raya go for cheap to partially fund Gallagher, and would guess at a kid on loan which wont be much use. But if we are assuming that we arent even going to bring in any goalkeepers, which we will of some description, maybe relegation is an outside bet but even then, with some of our players I would suggest that it is highly unlikely.

If the theory factors in the sale of key players which is possible, thats a different story.

• Like 2

The most frustrating part about this summer is not the predictable fact that we clearly arent going to be spending much. Thats probably quite common. Its that we dont have a set up whereby Mowbray could have found that out after the Milwall game and been more proactive, even if it was sithout being armed with transfer fees because with coronavirus that has become a very saturated market. If only we had a normally run club by owners with any interest in what is happening.

The problem is that we had big gaps left by loan players. We need a goalkeeper and a centre back, and obviously a left back too. Players like Morgan Fox, Grant Hall, James Chester, they are nothing special but they are decent Championship players for free.

I would love to be proven wrong and see us spend a bit of money sensibly and get better players that those that I have mentioned, because they arent groundbreaking or promotion winning players so it is possible. But I have no confidence and little hope.

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Name someone better than him that gets that amount of goals and assists in a season?

He performed better than Mason Mount when they were in a comparable league and in a worse team, and he's now playing for England...

Mount often played deeper and only turned 20 half way through that season. Different players but Dack doesnt get close to Chelseas team.

But Benrahma? Watkins? Could argue probably Eze. Either Mitrovic and Pereira or a host of players for the relegated sides depending on who stays.

34 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'm really at a loss at those trying to give the management - all of them -  a free pass on the keeper situation.  There's plenty about this current situation that isn't altogether their fault.  However the keeper situation which was manifesting itself before Raya left really is.

No excuses it's about time some hands were held up !

It can still be rectified but it's the very worst time to be trying do it however a set up like ours with the money it costs and has had should not be in that situation.  It's the kind of thing that you'd expect to happen just pre Jack Walker when we really didn't have an egg cup to piss in and injuries and age had decimated the tiny squad we had. 

It's nothing short of pathetic in this era they really need a rabbit out of a hat.

I agree we really shouldn’t have released Richie Smallwood our super keeper