BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't keep Samuel, Not good enough, get rid. Bring in someone better. 

Downing has been a good signing for us until the lockdown. Since then, not been good enough. 

Players can hit the " wall " at any point in their thirties and it can come on really suddenly. Downing isn't worth the risk for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think someone like Keane would get an extra 10% out of this bunch, if not more. They are far too comfortable now. 

Dack will come back all guns blazing, but can't help but feel he will get bogged down by the other albatrosses 

Any word on the European scouting? Probably not happening now. Going off some comments, I think Mowbray isn't very happy with the lack of communication for Pune. 

If I was picking a team for the Premier League since day one Keane would be one of my first picks. I've seen a lot of central midfield players in my day and I can't think of a better one  than Keane. It was like having 12 players on the pitch when he was playing. Ok, he had a nasty streak but every team needs a player or two like that. At least he'd stab you in the front not in the back like some players. I remember reading an autobiography written by one of the 1966 World Cup squad. The player was a defender and he named his  " Dirty bastard 11". I was really surprised at some of the forwards he had in the team. He reckoned they were sly, crafty, players who were experts at making the injuries they inflicted look like an accident.

• Like 3

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If I was picking a team for the Premier League since day one Keane would be one of my first picks. I've seen a lot of central midfield players in my day and I can't think of a better one  than Keane. It was like having 12 players on the pitch when he was playing. Ok, he had a nasty streak but every team needs a player or two like that. At least he'd stab you in the front not in the back like some players. I remember reading an autobiography written by one of the 1966 World Cup squad. The player was a defender and he named his  " Dirty bastard 11". I was really surprised at some of the forwards he had in the team. He reckoned they were sly, crafty, players who were experts at making the injuries they inflicted look like an accident.

What I wouldn't give for us to have that "Bad Boy" moniker from the Sparky era.

• Like 3

Main problem with Keane is after the mollycoddling some of them get he'd frighten half this lot to death. Wouldn't do any harm in the grand scheme of things but they'd be crying to the PFA before the first month was out.

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Main problem with Keane is after the mollycoddling some of them get he'd frighten half this lot to death. Wouldn't do any harm in the grand scheme of things but they'd be crying to the PFA before the first month was out.

Keane's bullying behaviour would be the problem for me. I'd be wary of locating it in players. 

• Like 1

Yep good cop bad cop he's probably nowhere near as bad as he's made out in terms of how he might be with players.  You do keep thinking there's a Souness in there somewhere if  he lands on the right club at the right time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Have you seen it?  He has managed 2 teams at this level and won the division with 1 of them. No doubt he comes with risks, but if it clicks for him somewhere I think he could do well in the short-term. 

Samuel has proven himself to be rubbish. Have you watched him play this season? What would you say his strengths are? 

Yes almost 15 years ago having spent a load of money on old United pals. Certainly deserves credit for that for the championship title win. But didn't Lambert also record back to back promotions a while ago? Keane's last year at Sunderland was a farce, before a shambolic reign at Ipswich led to him being sacked. Oh and he's been out of the manager game for the best part of a decade.

With regards to Samuel, I think that he has a bit of pace and can be a handful on his day. Has got into better goal scoring positions then before lock down. Also how do we replace? DG is done, so only leaves us with 3 other strikers if Samuel goes.

• Like 1

There are hardly any goals in Samuel and we need people from the bench who can change games.

,How often do we get back into games late and rescue a point. Or turn a game around and win it late ?

There's a reason for that it's the manager using the same old players who just aren't good enough at this level. As long as Samuel, Brereton and Gallagher are here he'll keep trying the same things.

Rotating them, subbing them and keeping a system to try and accommodate them. It's done to absolute death now.

Changes and something fresh needed. Get rid of two and bring in a target man or poacher and a proper winger we are crying out for that not 3 wide right forwards who need 50 chances to get 1 goal between them. 

In league 1 it would work in the cut and thrust of the championship it won't !

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He seems to do ok he's a bit like Keane without the brains.

On the face of it he seems a better manager. Done okay at Fleetwood, be interesting to see where he ends up at next. I’d rather it not be us who do the testing though....our next manager has to be an old boy, tried and tested, Mick McCarthy would do nicely in that regard. I think he’d have got this current squad up.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Keane should be nowhere near a coaching or managerial role. Doesn't have the knowledge or ability to adapt his style. 

Think his trophy cabinet has far more medals and awards than your hero Mowbray.

I think 9 out of 10 would take Keane over Mowbray every day of the week.

• Like 2

Just now, Mercer said:

I'm getting to the point were I might agree with you. Mowbray's a positive football vacuum, a black hole that's sucking the life out of the club.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm getting to the point were I might agree with you. Mowbray's a positive football vacuum, a black hole that's sucking the life out of the club.

Telepathic - look at the post I've just made in the Mowbray poll thread!

Edited by Mercer

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

As a manager both Mowbray and Keane have won the championship. 

What he won as a player I'd argue is largely irrelevant now.

The advantage of being a manager when you were a great player is that you have pulling power with players as they want to work with you. How many of the current crop would be desperate to work with Keane with the persona he has on tv? Not many I'd guess, also a lot of the younger lads wont have ever seem him play. If those leaked texts from the ireland camp are anything to go by then it appears they weren't particularly in awe of him either.

9 out of 10 is a big exaggeration I think. 

• Like 6

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

As a manager both Mowbray and Keane have won the championship. 

What he won as a player I'd argue is largely irrelevant now.

The advantage of being a manager when you were a great player is that you have pulling power with players as they want to work with you. How many of the current crop would be desperate to work with Keane with the persona he has on tv? Not many I'd guess, also a lot of the younger lads wont have ever seem him play. If those leaked texts from the ireland camp are anything to go by then it appears they weren't particularly in awe of him either.

9 out of 10 is a big exaggeration I think. 

Really?

Well put it to the test and set up a poll on this MB.

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

On the face of it he seems a better manager. Done okay at Fleetwood, be interesting to see where he ends up at next. I’d rather it not be us who do the testing though....our next manager has to be an old boy, tried and tested, Mick McCarthy would do nicely in that regard. I think he’d have got this current squad up.

I don't care if he becomes the best manager in the world, if Joey Barton is ever in the manager's seat here I'm done until he's gone. Absolute fucking scumbag.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Keane should be nowhere near a coaching or managerial role. Doesn't have the knowledge or ability to adapt his style. 

How did he win the championship then? Fluke? Too negative Chaddy, same with new owners, always want to stay safe and boring....that will get you relegated. 

I'm looking forward to all these European incomings.....

Edited by Sparks Rover