BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, RovingRover said:

Is that you Steve Kean's agent in Portugal?

Brereton was costly, but has that something that we are just stating to see.

But hey what do I know? A couple of days some said fans weren't getting on his back. Yet he is the first name on some fans lips when having a moan.

Kaminski was scouted for a full season.

Dolan has been scouted for about 8 months.

But keep believing we are getting the good signings out of sheer fluke if it suits your negative attitude towards the clubs management. We will be right back to a unqualified 1st team head coach in no time.

You were doing ok at putting your point across until this. 

I mean where to start with it? 

For 7 million you need more than something we are starting to see. 7 million should buy you a good championship quality player. 7 million was the majority of our budget and pushed us towards FFP. 

He has had 2 seasons of failure. 2 goals, both in dead rubbers, is an absymal return. His performances have been poor too. 

And what are we starting to see? Again it's not top championship quality or even a solid championship player. Just someone who might not be absolute dross. Also when are we seeing this? Friendlies Vs lower league opposition and Doncaster (where he also missed an open net.) I'll be honest I'm not seeing much. 

I get you wanting to defend TM and highlight the positives he has done, but to use Bereton as one of them is plain daft. He's been a terrible signing in any sense of the word - cost, performances, goals. In trying to defend TM you do what you accuse others of, not being objective. Heck, there are a number of good things TM has done, but Bereton isn't one  pretending he is does come across as ill judged and lacking objectivity and appears from your perspective that TM can't do any wrong. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I suspect that considering that you were bigging up the signing of a kid with 20 or so senior experiences, your previous staunch defence of a very negligible improvement in terms of points and goals conceded, and your seemingly untold faith and trust in the clubs precise recruitment network and the manager in spite of his historical failure to fix our defence, that our standards regarding fixing our defence this season in order to support a top 6 finish may be slightly different.

Wasn't bigging up anyone there tho. Just more false claims again by yourself. 

Why wouldnt you not have faith and trust in the proper recruitment and scouting network? Or would you like to return to the ways and days of signing players of other former managers or actually do proper scouting and recruitment like under the tenure of Mark Hughes?

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Like Ben Brereton.

What about other signings tho instead of highlighting one player who has struggled here but looks like the penny has drop finally. 

58 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Argh come on mate, get with the programme around here will ya!

It goes like this...when things go wrong, ‘the buck stops with the manager’. When things go right, it’s all luck and in spite of him / them.

My personal favourite is the one where people think that Travis broke into the first team in spite of Mowbray. Forgetting that Mowbray himself insists on watching every youth game in person or via recording. Which in itself is odd for a pension pot filling dinosaur who “should do the honourable thing” and resign because he’s treading water...Right?

Thr new assumption that we’ve obviously not scouted Kaminski or Dolan also made me laugh too. It’s all you can do really!

You only deal in extremes I think! Mowbray has been here for around 3.5 years now. If he was a good manager, given the amount he's spent on players we ought to have been promoted by now? Or at least been in the mix. We have never got close. Its not a matter of him never doing anything wrong or never doing anything right, its a matter of looking at our progress under him over that period. Its glacial isn't it? We are as far away from the Premier League as ever. 

Bowyer found way more bargains than Mowbray did but they were sold under him. Dyche had Burnley up in the time Mowbrey's been here  or very close.

Time to critically assess the Club under Mowbray rather than just reacting in provocative bewilderment all the time.

I believe , on all the evidence, that he will never get us up. For you, it really is a matter of how long you are prepared to give him, assuming there's a Club left by then.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

If he was a good manager, given the amount he's spent on players we ought to have been promoted by now? Or at least been in the mix. We have never got close

Oh come off it, we have the 16th largest wage budget in the division and since Mowbray got us promoted from League One we've never finished below that place.

I can't think of a single metric that says we "ought to have been promoted by now". 

Every single year another 3 Premier League teams comes down, with big beefy squads, high wages and parachute payments, yet we keep moving forward.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why wouldnt you not have faith and trust in the proper recruitment and scouting network

Why would I?????

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

or actually do proper scouting and recruitment like under the tenure of Mark Hughes?

Sounds great! When will it happen?

Just now, JoeH said:

Oh come off it, we have the 16th largest wage budget in the division and since Mowbray got us promoted from League One we've never finished below that place.

I can't think of a single metric that says we "ought to have been promoted by now". 

Every single year another 3 Premier League teams comes down, with big beefy squads, high wages and parachute payments, yet we keep moving forward.

You come off it. He's spent way more than Dyche, even allowing for transfer inflation.

The difference is Dyche is a terrific manager, He had all the hurdles to face that you list above but he did it in about the same time as Mowbray has had.

And I repeat, we are nowhere near! Did Brentford spend a fortune?---they messed it up on the last day but that's "luxury" for us.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Either he knows the budget and has it to spend, or he has a very small contacts book and is poor at convincing people to join Blackburn Rovers.

No manager worth his salt (unless he's just here to top up his pension) sits there transfer window after transfer window being made to look a mug by the owners. 

You are expecting a level of autonomy that only Alex Ferguson, Brian Clough, Dario Gradi and avid players of football manager games have had. “Who needs Zidane when we have Sherwood” springs to mind.

Owners, chairmen, directors, recruitment teams, heads of recruitment, global advisors, trusted partners, agents and high profile disgruntled supporters have all had a say in transfers in recent years. Managers aren’t simply given a budget to spend as they wish.

• Like 1

It's ultimately the ownership and their friends who've put us in this situation Mowbray is just another average Joe trying to juggle a lot of balls.

Be nice if he showed a bit more balls himself in his recruitment and approach but it seems his remit is just to tread water whilst trying for slight improvements. End of the day the team and squad reflect him and his attitude and demeanor, he can't help who he is but the whole club and its situation is a reflection of the ownership.

That's where we are.

• Like 7

Just now, Miller11 said:

Managers aren’t simply given a budget to spend as they wish.

Thank God for that in our case! We need a new manager and a new set-up.

Chaddy harked back to Hughes'period, I'd like to see that!

Didn't even pay £900000 for Samba did we?

OK OK - I said I’d post, the Celtic player wasn’t the one we where told about. So let’s roll the dice and see what happens. If what we where told is true — and that comes with ifs and buts — we will announce another player imminently, who will play in the first team, is not a defender and is not British. If it isn’t announced soon I suspect we’ve been sold a duff, so I’ll tell you the name.

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

OK OK - I said I’d post, the Celtic player wasn’t the one we where told about. So let’s roll the dice and see what happens. If what we where told is true — and that comes with ifs and buts — we will announce another player imminently, who will play in the first team, is not a defender and is not British. If it isn’t announced soon I suspect we’ve been sold a duff, so I’ll tell you the name.

Not a defender ? ?.

Any idea of likely cost? 

Is he already playing in England or currently playing abroad?

Looks like Rovers have missed out On another target ..  Left back 

Was Due in but did a Kipre at the last minute as the other buying club paid 800 K .with better wages .. Rovers bid was 600k 

Good Player ... Shame .. international who was in the last 4 months of his contract 

At least the World Wide Network is up and running ....

• Like 2

Can't win them all ( or any these days really ) . 

Very odd how they'll way overpay for some, stretch the wages to the limit for old guys but not match other clubs on more modest fees and wages.

Guess a lot of it comes down to not just how much a player might want to come but how much our club and manager actually really want them !

Next.......

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Was Due in but did a Kipre at the last minute as the other buying club paid 800 K .with better wages .. Rovers bid was 600k 

Good Player ... Shame .. international who was in the last 4 months of his contract 

No names?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, unleaded said:

If we’ve missed out can we get a name?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Who? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 47er said:

You only deal in extremes I think! Mowbray has been here for around 3.5 years now. If he was a good manager, given the amount he's spent on players we ought to have been promoted by now? Or at least been in the mix. We have never got close. Its not a matter of him never doing anything wrong or never doing anything right, its a matter of looking at our progress under him over that period. Its glacial isn't it? We are as far away from the Premier League as ever. 

Bowyer found way more bargains than Mowbray did but they were sold under him. Dyche had Burnley up in the time Mowbrey's been here  or very close.

Time to critically assess the Club under Mowbray rather than just reacting in provocative bewilderment all the time.

I believe , on all the evidence, that he will never get us up. For you, it really is a matter of how long you are prepared to give him, assuming there's a Club left by then.

Bowyer found more bargains because he was playing at a lower level.

Once promoted the vast majority of the players, even the better ones, have been found insufficient for Championship level. In fact the academy players have fared better in most instances.

The good players we signed under Bowyer were sold off bar one or two players. Carney and Gestede were his successes. Whilst current squad wise Corry Evans is about his only legacy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Did Brentford spend a fortune?

They've spent a lot yeah. This myth that they never spend is silly. Mbeumo cost them £6m. £5.5m on Pontus Jansson. £4m on David Raya. £5m Ivan Toney. £3.4m Mathias Jensen. £3m Ethan Pinnock.

Edited by JoeH

Just now, JoeH said:

They've spent a lot yeah. This myth that they never spend is silly. Mbeumo cost them £6m. £5.5m on Pontus Jansson. £4m on David Raya. 

And sold Maupay/Konsa. They made profit last summer.