BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

The first 3 points are on offer in 9 days time not on October 16th and we are heading into that first game with a very weak squad. 

and by then we hopefully will have 3 signings in. Clearly it would be great to get every signing we want in before the first game but in football thats never happens anymore. 

Do we know? The only player there seems to be any concrete evidence that we have a bid in for is Kipre. Anyway it's all well and good bidding for players but you have to actually sign players. From what Sharpe has reported from the January window it seems like we were bidding for players who we knew we would have no chance of signing.

Yes. That's because we keep our businesses under wraps very well these days like Thomas Kaminski. No one knew about thats one until deal was agreed with club and he was on his way here. A player we scouted for a year according to @RovingRover

• Like 1

What frustrates me is this.

Rich Sharpe's 'intel' this morning suggests that we are after a minimum of 4 and ideally 5 or 6 signings.

In my view this is the sort of business we need to be doing to replace departures and ensure depth and competition in the squad. If his intel is correct it suggests that Mowbray is of the same opinion.

I've seen posts on here suggesting that we don't need 5 or 6 additions and that we can make do with 3. Our manager clearly disagrees.

I'll be very surprised if we do get 5 or 6 through the door. I also expect that if we don't then people will start saying that we've done enough business and didn't need those numbers, even though our manager thinks we do.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We need faster carrier pigeons than the ones flying to India at the moment.

Pigeons? The Money does not stretch that far! Venkys use Chickens and there longest recorded flight is 300 metres so dont even reach Darwin! Like most of our transfer activity this summer we fall well short! 

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Rich Sharpe's 'intel' this morning suggests that we are after a minimum of 4 and ideally 5 or 6 signings.

In my view this is the sort of business we need to be doing to replace departures and ensure depth and competition in the squad. If his intel is correct it suggests that Mowbray is of the same opinion.

I've seen posts on here suggesting that we don't need 5 or 6 additions and that we can make do with 3. Our manager clearly disagrees.

I'll be very surprised if we do get 5 or 6 through the door. I also expect that if we don't then people will start saying that we've done enough business and didn't need those numbers, even though our manager thinks we do.

I don't many have said we don't need a back up keeper or 2 centre back or left back. People might disagree on us wanting a right back. But if Nyambe is sold then we deffo need a right back there. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Edwards isnt very good. Stoke fans would be glad to see the back of him and have questioned his professionalism in the past. Also, right back isnt the priority at the moment.

It seems that we are focusing on Stokes reserves at the moment which surely is a haven of defensive quality, right?

The days tick by towards that first game and as per last year, closing in on the new season, the defence remains untouched. I have settled for the fact that Bell and Wharton will start on the opening day.

Because he's refusing to sign a new contract.

Without this we wouldn't be able to afford him.

He signs a new contract. We can't sign him.

He refuses to sign a new contract. We shouldn't sign him because he has a bad attitude.

Anybody want to remind themselves how we signed Dack for £500,000. Would any of us have rejected him as he "has a bad attitude" for not signing a new contract?

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Not sure why we even want to look at RB yet, let alone a non-British non-defender. 

CB and LB please!

It says in the article that Nyambe has been having fitness issues and could leave at the end of this season as his contract is expiring. Surely best to plan ahead when an opportunity arises.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

He refuses to sign a new contract. We shouldn't sign him because he has a bad attitude.

Anybody want to remind themselves how we signed Dack for £500,000. Would any of us have rejected him as he "has a bad attitude" for not signing a new contract?

It says in the article that Nyambe has been having fitness issues and could leave at the end of this season as his contract is expiring. Surely best to plan ahead when an opportunity arises.

May have misunderstood here, but are you talking about Edwards? If so, he signed a 4 and a half year contract with Stoke less than 12 months ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50181844

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RovingRover said:

I see,so Nyambe's contract expiring at the end of next June comes as a surprise, does it? The only fitness issue is that Nyambe wants a contract that fits with his importance in the team.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

and by then we hopefully will have 3 signings in. Clearly it would be great to get every signing we want in before the first game but in football thats never happens anymore. 

Yes. That's because we keep our businesses under wraps very well these days like Thomas Kaminski. No one knew about thats one until deal was agreed with club and he was on his way here. A player we scouted for a year according to @RovingRover

So which quote of these that you made is the one that you actually believe to be true? As they can't both be true.

Your original statement was that 'Bids are in for players from what we know from local journalists and People on here who have good contacts within the club'.

Or the response you gave when I asked did we really know that bid's were in as there is only concrete evidence that we have bid for Kipre. To which you responded  'Yes. That's because we keep our businesses under wraps very well these days like.

So which is it?

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't many have said we don't need a back up keeper or 2 centre back or left back. People might disagree on us wanting a right back. But if Nyambe is sold then we deffo need a right back there. 

no shit sherlock

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

He signed a new contract less than a year ago and is contracted until 2024.

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But many clubs are in the same boat tho as us like Middlesbrough, 

Also the window is open to 16th October. We have 1st choice keeper in. hopefully we will have a couple more in by the Bournemouth in. 

Bids are in for players from what we know from local journalists and People on here who have good contacts within the club

The season doesn't start on 16 October though, does it.

• Like 1

So which quote of these that you made is the one that you actually believe to be true? As they can't both be true.

Your original statement was that 'Bids are in for players from what we know from local journalists and People on here who have good contacts within the club'.

Or the response you gave when I asked did we really know that bid's were in as there is only concrete evidence that we have bid for Kipre. To which you responded  'Yes. That's because we keep our businesses under wraps very well these days like.

So which is it?

both. 

Local journalists and people on here have said we have bids in for players but no names. 

Did anyone knew about the Kaminski bid before it was confirmed from a source in Belgium

9 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

I would be more concerned about what we need for THIS season rather than spending the money on what we MIGHT need next season.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

There is a difference between the manager wanting 5 or 6 additions and thinking he needs 5 or 6 additions. We don't know which is the case.

He signed a new contract less than a year ago and is contracted until 2024.

5 minutes ago, Traviscon said:

May have misunderstood here, but are you talking about Edwards? If so, he signed a 4 and a half year contract with Stoke less than 12 months ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50181844

Thought his contract was expiring. Stand corrected.

Granted beggars can't be choosers.

3 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

I see,so Nyambe's contract expiring at the end of next June comes as a surprise, does it? The only fitness issue is that Nyambe wants a contract that fits with his importance in the team.

The thought of losing somebody of Nyambe's quality on a free is frightening. On his day he's arguably our best asset.

We seriously need to be working hard on getting our key players to sign new deals, ideally before the season starts. 

Isn't Dack's deal up at the end of next season too? 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

The only reason Nyambe played 30 games is because Mowbray thinks Bennett is better, he was probably injured for a maximum of 5-6 games.

If Nyambe leaves on a free that's absolutely ludicrous. He's got masses of potential.

• Like 6

Just now, ChickenBolty said:

The thought of losing somebody of Nyambe's quality on a free is frightening. On his day he's arguably our best asset.

We seriously need to be working hard on getting our key players to sign new deals, ideally before the season starts. 

Isn't Dack's deal up at the end of next season too? 

The club has a 1 year option on Dacks contract, which you'll imagine they will exercise, so it's basicly 2 year left.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

From what I've seen people have said that 3 is the bare minimum (primarily 2 CB's, 1 LB), not that we don't need more. If TM can get all those quoted then even better.

Dack and Nyambe leaving on frees at the end of the season is a real possibility now though iirc so we really need to be getting on top of that as well.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The players we do hear about in the press are the ones that agents are trying to drum up interest for. I have no doubt that the only reason Kipre’s name had become public because his agent was using us to drive up the price with West Brom.

You can already tell which links are real and which are just agents trying to get bang for their buck.

• Like 1

Just now, RTM08 said:

From what I've seen people have said that 3 is the bare minimum (primarily 2 CB's, 1 LB), not that we don't need more. If TM can get all those quoted then even better.

Dack and Nyambe leaving on frees at the end of the season is a real possibility now though iirc so we really need to be getting on top of that as well.

Thats what I have said...GK, CB and LB at bare minimum just so that we can field a team basically. Ideally however, we need a lot more. The good news is that TM seems to recognise this himself.