BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

2 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Why are we wasting time looking for a right back? We have Nyambe, JRC and Bennett at a push, also got the young lad Pike i think that looked decent vs Bpool. 

Nyambe is bang average. Decent defender but literally terrible going forward, not sure what the hype around him is. JRC isn’t a right back. Bennett isn’t a footballer. Pike has never played professional level football. There’s other areas sure, but wouldn’t be against another right back coming in.

1 hour ago, pick32 said:

@J*B how long are you leaving it before releasing the name? 

I’m a bit stumped, to be honest. I was told the player was at Brockhall on Tuesday, everything was agreed pending a medical, I had assumed it would be announced by now.

I’ve sort of said all I can... I said this morning the players name I was given is not a defender, he’s actually a central/defensive midfielder... but now Rich is back from his holiday and speaks about a ‘central midfielder not being ruled out’ right at the end of his update, which to me sounds like any midfielder is miles away. 

Really odd. It’s that specific I just can’t see how someone has made it up. But Rich seemingly knowing zero about it raises real question marks. 

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m a bit stumped, to be honest. I was told the player was at Brockhall on Tuesday, everything was agreed pending a medical, I had assumed it would be announced by now.

I’ve sort of said all I can... I said this morning the players name I was given is not a defender, he’s actually a central/defensive midfielder... but now Rich is back from his holiday and speaks about a ‘central midfielder not being ruled out’ right at the end of his update, which to me sounds like any midfielder is miles away. 

Really odd. It’s that specific I just can’t see how someone has made it up. But Rich seemingly knowing zero about it raises real question marks. 

Jaka Bijol ??

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

Weren't you also told recently that the club wouldn't be releasing season tickets this year?!

Someone's having you on mate! 

• Like 1

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Weren't you also told recently that the club wouldn't be releasing season tickets this year?!

Someone's having you on mate! 

No, I was told they weren’t releasing season tickets until they had an idea about what % of the ground can be sold by the government... exactly like the statement they released today. 

Although to be fair, I did get told Danny Graham has signed for Sunderland about 2 weeks ago and that didn’t happen! 

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

This is probably my biggest bug bear with Tony . You should always try and bring better in and then drop players down the pecking order . It raises the standard of the team and the individuals competing for places 

Of course a manager would say compete publicly. You always leave room for an existing player to think he can raise his game and keep the shirt, even if the new one is thought to be a starter. Even so, there are different categories to players you bring in. Some are expected to be starters, some are brought for potential and some are brought as backups (reserve goal keepers). Common theme is if you perform well enough, you should keep your shirt.

2 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

To be fair I’ve seen it at clubs where different employees are told different things to see where the mole is. Very military style technique, but it works.

Fresh on the back of the Kipre debacle, it would make sense for the timing for doing such a thing to be now.

49 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Yeah, because bidding for them in the first week of the transfer window would’ve prevented them from wanting £30k a week ??

£30kpw for all 3? ? Surprised you'd think them so cheap. I'd certainly have taken it. I was working on an estimate of Marshall (£10kpw), Kipre (£20kpw more than doubled during season) and Robinson (£30kpw). Wigan's administration was a matter of when, not if.

Thinking about Dack's next contract? £40kpw before add-ons for assists, goals, promotion bonus, signing on fee, agent's fee, % boost for promotion and relegation early release clause. I don't think I've forgotten anything. Pen to sign contract. Copies of the paper printed copies of the contract, assumed. Considering how Mowbray's always going on about work rate, perhaps there's a clause in the contract about that. Dack's return is as good as a new signing, eh?

Mowbray's always going on about agents calling him to tell him about players. If the conversation isn't about substance as to the sort of deal the player would expect, Mowbray must be an expert about the weather.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Richard Oakley said:

Thinking about Dack's next contract? £40kpw before add-ons for assists, goals, promotion bonus, signing on fee, agent's fee, % boost for promotion and relegation early release clause.

If Dack won't take less than a contract like that, you can rest assured he will be sold, probably in January when we will still have 18 months on his deal (after activating the extension). We can't afford a 40k pw player anymore in this league, especially since it raises the wage demands of other players hugely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard Oakley said:

Over a year ago,Mowbray said we needed 2 goal keepers, a centre back and left back. We had a year to select our targets. Had we acted decisively, we could have had Marshall, Robinson and Kipre off Wigan in the first week of the transfer window.

Not sure how you can makes this kind of claim without intimate knowledge of the club's dealing.  

2 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Well it can't be under wraps and known can it? Under wraps means not known and people don;t have the information, known means people, well know and have that information. They either have it or they don't. Either its accessible or it isn't. It can't be both. 

Well if you look at Rich Sharpe's comments he says many of things going on behind the scenes that he doesn't know about. He and others do find out some names but not every players we looked at or not. Look at @RovingRover posted on here days ago suggesting we are after Rob Elliott as back up. Today Rich Sharpe has said we are interested in him. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well if you look at Rich Sharpe's comments he says many of things going on behind the scenes that he doesn't know about. He and others do find out some names but not every players we looked at or not. Look at @RovingRover posted on here days ago suggesting we are after Rob Elliott as back up. Today Rich Sharpe has said we are interested in him. 

How does he know that things are going on if he doesn't know about them? ?

Talk about a contradiction in terms.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChickenBolty said:

I think it's fair to say he will be offered close that from other championship/premier league clubs. Especially, if he decides to run his contract until its end. 

Yeah but I think @Richard Oakley might have the frame of reference a little wrong.

I doubt that Marshall would go into what surely is our top 1/3rd of earners. Isn't Dack currently on about 15k and thats near the top of the tree?

20k p/w is very much of the higher end for Championship players apart from the odd outlier.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Yeah but I think @Richard Oakley might have the frame of reference a little wrong.

I doubt that Marshall would go into what surely is our top 1/3rd of earners. Isn't Dack currently on about 15k and thats near the top of the tree?

20k p/w is very much of the higher end for Championship players apart from the odd outlier.

I think if you look at Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich, Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Nottingham Forest (to name a few) they will be paying their top asset more than 20k p/w. 

7 minutes ago, ChickenBolty said:

I think if you look at Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich, Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Nottingham Forest (to name a few) they will be paying their top asset more than 20k p/w. 

Aren't we paying Mulgrew around £20-25k at the minute?

57 minutes ago, J*B said:

No, I was told they weren’t releasing season tickets until they had an idea about what % of the ground can be sold by the government... exactly like the statement they released today. 

Although to be fair, I did get told Danny Graham has signed for Sunderland about 2 weeks ago and that didn’t happen! 

All you can do is post what you’ve been told, some work out, some don’t, but don’t let it stop you from posting information in the future, It gave us something to talk about for 48hours 

• Like 1