BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackpool (A) - Tuesday 25th August

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

calm down,don`t get your knickers in a twist,more an illustration that mowbray can`t bring the best out of any young player,yet continually laudes bennett,who  gives fouls and free kicks away every game

Or an illustration that Chapman isn’t very good?

There’s about 7 of these Mowbrayed youngsters on the pitch right now - damn him!!!

The other four are all Dolan it seems - two of him just robbed the keeper and scored.

Edited by Exiled in Toronto
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, OnePhilT said:

I don't buy this "Mowbray drags players down" stuff at all. Not sure what foundation it comes with. Chapman had a cruciate ligament injury, which I suspect has brought him back a worse player given the strengths of him that we saw in glimpses. I also recall him being dire in more than one game for us, so I think there's a bit of a myth that he was this wonderkid until Mogga got hold of him. Chappers was managed by Mowbray for a reasonable time in our League One campaign, and if he didn't like his manager, I'm fairly certain that he wouldn't have signed.

it is`nt just chapman though is it,he criticises rothwell,gallagher a few times last season,does`nt appear to think davenport exists,not sure what happened with mahoney,maybe he saw what was coming and got out,i don`t rate mowbrays man management,it`s terrible

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it is`nt just chapman though is it,he criticises rothwell,gallagher a few times last season,does`nt appear to think davenport exists,not sure what happened with mahoney,maybe he saw what was coming and got out,i don`t rate mowbrays man management,it`s terrible

There hasn’t exactly been an exodus of disaffected players though, has there?

Plenty of positives tonight:

- If you didn’t know any different, you’d swear BB was the 17-goal man and Arma the nervy youngster.

- I quite like Johnston sitting deep, he has a good long pass

- JR-C is quality in the final third, not so much in our third

- Dolan!!! He gets everywhere and always seems to make good choices.

- Fisher looked pretty good.

On the downside:

- Chapman, Rothwell ineffective, Rothwell dragging a shot wide from a great position. Taxi for Evans.

• Like 3

That second half was pretty turd wasn't it. I think it also displayed how far Blackpool have fallen, I mean we didn't completely destroy them but they struggled stringing a few passes together. 

Dolan excites me, I hope this ain't just gonna be a pre season thing and he gets some game time. 

• Like 2

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Eastham had virtually nothing to do in the second half, but his distribution looked class.

I think between Fisher and Eastham, we can get away without signing another keeper; use those funds elsewhere. There's also Joe Hilton, but not sure what's going on with him.

The game became a bit scrappy in the second-half once Blackpool dragged us down in the mud for a fight, but it was another good workout. Looking good so far.

Yep I was thinking the same about Eastham and his distribution. Don't think we saw much of his other goalkeeping abilities though to be honest 

2 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

There hasn’t exactly been an exodus of disaffected players though, has there?

Plenty of positives tonight:

- If you didn’t know any different, you’d swear BB was the 17-goal man and Arma the nervy youngster.

- I quite like Johnston sitting deep, he has a good long pass

- JR-C is quality in the final third, not so much in our third

- Dolan!!! He gets everywhere and always seems to make good choices.

- Fisher looked pretty good.

On the downside:

- Chapman, Rothwell ineffective, Rothwell dragging a shot wide from a great position. Taxi for Evans.

Watched Dolan tonight and against Fleetwood. IMO he's the real deal. Obviously young and slight but he's oozing talent and desire. I think we may have a player on our hands.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Watched Dolan tonight and against Fleetwood. IMO he's the real deal. Obviously young and slight but he's oozing talent and desire. I think we may have a player on our hands.

reminds me a bit of Shaun Wright-Phillips.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Preston are letting some good lads go because of their non U23s. There is a young left back there in their 18s who could be our left back for the next 10 years and hes a rovers fan.

• Like 4

I'm happy with the young squad we've got. OK, it was only a friendly but we only need a good left back bringing in.

Both Wharton and Carter did well. Dolan is a gem. BB looking good. And we don't need another keeper as a sub. Fisher and Eastham look quite capable.

• Like 2