BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

20 minutes ago, bazza said:

Right. That's it. I'm bored to tears. It's like watching Man Utd v Bamber Bridge. Boring, boring, boring.

I'll go and clean up the kitchen.

I'm so bored of this i'm gonna watch The Lone Ranger on bbc4 at 9 instead of watching the 2nd half and that film is terrible.

Considering some of the shocking results around Europe from the big teams. A 5-0 win against san marino with basically a reserve team isn't too bad. There doesn't seem to be an outstanding team right now. When we have sancho grealish Henderson rashford saka kane foden (starting) back in the team we will have a few levels above this performance.  Bellingham looks so assured for a 17 year old. Trent should also be back. Maguire alongside stones.  Chilwell and Shaw are quality leftbacks. We have real strength in depth everywhere.  I can't think of too many European countries with the level of talent England has

• Like 1

We are not particularly strong at centre back, all of our options bar maybe Stones (who himself has only just come back into the picture) and also in central midfield. Pope is a good keeper but Pickford will play and is a liability. Shaw is playing really well for United at left back and we have untold wealth in attacking midfield and at right back although especially concerning the latter I am not convinced that Southgate will select the best one. At the moment, I would personally definitely have Pope, Alexander Arnold, Stones, Shaw, Jordan Henderson, Foden and Kane starting, as well as probably Sterling. The rest up for grabs.

Not that todays match proves that or indeed anything. Waste of time really, should have pre qualifiers. Impossible to gain anything from today, just needless extra football.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We are not particularly strong at centre back, all of our options bar maybe Stones (who himself has only just come back into the picture) and also in central midfield. Pope is a good keeper but Pickford will play and is a liability. Shaw is playing really well for United at left back and we have untold wealth in attacking midfield and at right back although especially concerning the latter I am not convinced that Southgate will select the best one. At the moment, I would personally definitely have Pope, Alexander Arnold, Stones, Shaw, Jordan Henderson, Foden and Kane starting, as well as probably Sterling. The rest up for grabs.

Not that todays match proves that or indeed anything. Waste of time really, should have pre qualifiers. Impossible to gain anything from today, just needless extra football.

Tomori konza gomez are all young excellent centrebacks. Stones is class. Maguire is solid.  Our centreback options aren't that bad

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Tomori konza gomez are all young excellent centrebacks. Stones is class. Maguire is solid.  Our centreback options aren't that bad

What's the deal with Tomori? He's playing really well for AC Milan and England have really poor centrebacks at the moment. How's he not getting a call up?

Seems very odd. I wonder if Southgate has a beef with him for some reason.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

What's the deal with Tomori? He's playing really well for AC Milan and England have really poor centrebacks at the moment. How's he not getting a call up?

Seems very odd. I wonder if Southgate has a beef with him for some reason.

Agree hes far better than dier

18 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Not sure I would describe Maguire as solid. Indeed it is not a selection of players of the quality in line with other countries or indeed other positions where we are stronger. I think Gomez is out of the Euros too.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not sure I would describe Maguire as solid. Indeed it is not a selection of players of the quality in line with other countries or indeed other positions where we are stronger. I think Gomez is out of the Euros too.

He is but I'm talking longterm.  Germanys centreback options are pretty poor. The dutch are all over the place without van dijk. Portugal have a 38 year old still involved with their squad. Spain are pretty lightweight at centreback.  Italy still rely on bonucci and chiellini.  Tomori has even taken the place of one of their defenders.  France have insane options.  Belgium still rely on a 33, 36 and 32 year old. Our centreback options are pretty good considering 

I stayed up and watched us miss 3 sitters and then saw our first goal.

Then came to my senses and went to bed still wondering why I stayed up to watch our 3rd Eleven play the worst national team in the World.

I see we managed 5, ermmmm ......... well done, I suppose.

Odd seeing us play in an away kit at home, maybe that's why I didn't take to the game.

• Like 1

Pointless affair.

For me 7-0 was the low end of par. England are a curious case we’ve currently got loads and loads of young talent coming through and could probably field 3 xi’s of similar ability but none of them are really good enough to push us to the top table of international football. I have more faith in Southgate as a manager than Mowbray but not much more. Don’t know if I’m alone on this but there’s not one single England player I like as a person.

ps. The national anthem without a crowd and players too stupid or blaze to know or sing the words was something else.

27 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Pointless affair.

For me 7-0 was the low end of par. England are a curious case we’ve currently got loads and loads of young talent coming through and could probably field 3 xi’s of similar ability but none of them are really good enough to push us to the top table of international football. I have more faith in Southgate as a manager than Mowbray but not much more. Don’t know if I’m alone on this but there’s not one single England player I like as a person.

ps. The national anthem without a crowd and players too stupid or blaze to know or sing the words was something else.

I would say we have plenty good enough to push us to the top. Probably only France have as much attacking talent 

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

I would say we have plenty good enough to push us to the top. Probably only France have as much attacking talent 

France look far and away the best squad. Should walk the euros, haven't got a weakness anywhere. Then Belgium next after them who are exceptional but don't have the depth.

Below those two England's in that pack of roughly equivalent teams - Spain, Portugal, Germany, Italy, maybe the Dutch have fallen away a bit - who have quality but also weaknesses. Any of them could beat each other.

So we could win the Euros but probs about a 5-10% chance alongside each of the other teams at our level, whereas Belgium and France I would say have around a 30% chance each.

To kick on and become really dominant we need more physicality like France have with Varene, Kante & Pogba. Their midfield would blow ours away.

It's strange because England have always been physical, but recently that's faded away as we have got more technical. Need both to get to the top.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

France look far and away the best squad. Should walk the euros, haven't got a weakness anywhere. Then Belgium next after them who are exceptional but don't have the depth.

Below those two England's in that pack of roughly equivalent teams - Spain, Portugal, Germany, Italy, maybe the Dutch have fallen away a bit - who have quality but also weaknesses. Any of them could beat each other.

So we could win the Euros but probs about a 5-10% chance alongside each of the other teams at our level, whereas Belgium and France I would say have around a 30% chance each.

To kick on and become really dominant we need more physicality like France have with Varene, Kante & Pogba. Their midfield would blow ours away.

It's strange because England have always been physical, but recently that's faded away as we have got more technical. Need both to get to the top.

Agree though I think Bellingham can bring a bit more prescense to the midfield.  Perhaps rlc can come back into in the future

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Agree though I think Bellingham can bring a bit more prescense to the midfield.  Perhaps rlc can come back into in the future

Yes he does look in the powerful mode.

17 though... You get the odd wonder kid striker or winger who makes a huge impact at 17. But central midfield.. Can't think many players who have really made a big impact in that role until they are a bit older than that. Seems a big ask for this Euros.

But if he does make it Bellingham & Rice could be the midfield pair for 3 world cups given their age.

• Like 1

I only saw the highlights for last night's game. As a marker to see where England are it is pointless. 

I'm glad that Southgate played 4 at the back though. Hopefully he sticks to it.

Here's my guess for his game 1 Euro's starting 11;

Pickford

Walker         Stones        Maguire       Chilwell

Rice

Henderson    Grealish

Rashford                                           Sterling

Kane

Of that 11 maybe Grealish could lose out to Foden or Mount. I think he'll stick with Pickford barring any disasters and Walker will keep his right back spot for one last tournament.

Hungary 3-3 Poland was a good result for England too.