Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He lost the ball on halfway. For most teams that doesn't automatically result in a goal for the other team. 

7 players in the match day squad who have previously, or currently play in our youth set up. ?

Kaminski has the feel of an accomplished keeper. Very much in control...

Posted Images

If it was up to me I would go

                         Kaminski

Nyambe.   Lenihan.   Wharton.   Bell.

             Travis.  Holtby.  Evans.

       JRC.      Armstrong.    Dolan.

I think Mowbray will probably pick something similar but with Johnson ahead of Evans, and Brereton ahead of Dolan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TruRover said:

I actually think this is a great opening fixture for us, as there is very little pressure. Bournemouth will be massive favourites and while most rovers fans, like myself, will be optimistic there should be an overall recognition that they have a far superior squad to us. It’s almost a free hit, which means we should avoid the disappointment and anger experienced when we lost on the opening day to Charlton last season, who many saw as a home banker.

Having said that, this is still a game we can get points from, especially as relegated teams tend to take one or two games to get going, such as Fulham who lost to Barnsley on the opening day last season. Along with that we probably have a more settled squad than them, so I can see it being a fairly even game. 
 

I would go with:

Kaminski

nyambe lenihan Williams New/bell

travis holtby evans

JRC Arma BB

subs: fisher, Wharton, Bennett, Johnson, rothwell, Chapman, Dolan.

would actually prefer Davenport over Johnson but can’t see TM going with that. 
 

I think our recruitment this week will actually have a massive impact upon the outcome for this game. I think In centre back we have enough to get by one or two games if need be but at LB we really need to get someone in, Bell will cost us games.

Going for a 1-1 draw. 

 

Agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of playing a relegated team. We know from bitter experience that relegation can mess badly with team morale and lead to below par performances so this might be a closer game than expected. 
 

I like your team selection as well. We desperately need an accomplished LB to complete our squad, but in the absence of any signing this week I’d have bell in there. Could see TM going for JRC perhaps and playing Gallagher (please no) or Rothwell up front. This season I think Bennett’s best place in our squad is on the bench as his versatility could prove useful if we get an injury. He’s been a great servant but his first team days are behind him. 
 

I think we could just get a sneaky draw in this game but I won’t be bereft if we get a creditable defeat. In fairness it’s the perfect time for this game so?

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, TruRover said:

I actually think this is a great opening fixture for us, as there is very little pressure. Bournemouth will be massive favourites and while most rovers fans, like myself, will be optimistic there should be an overall recognition that they have a far superior squad to us. It’s almost a free hit, which means we should avoid the disappointment and anger experienced when we lost on the opening day to Charlton last season, who many saw as a home banker.

Having said that, this is still a game we can get points from, especially as relegated teams tend to take one or two games to get going, such as Fulham who lost to Barnsley on the opening day last season. Along with that we probably have a more settled squad than them, so I can see it being a fairly even game. 
 

I would go with:

Kaminski

nyambe lenihan Williams New/bell

travis holtby evans

JRC Arma BB

subs: fisher, Wharton, Bennett, Johnson, rothwell, Chapman, Dolan.

would actually prefer Davenport over Johnson but can’t see TM going with that. 
 

I think our recruitment this week will actually have a massive impact upon the outcome for this game. I think In centre back we have enough to get by one or two games if need be but at LB we really need to get someone in, Bell will cost us games.

Going for a 1-1 draw. 

 

Agree. A free hit. We always lose the first match so to play a candidate for instant promotion back to the PL  and in an away game at their place ... nothing to lose! At least we get it out of the way at no cost to us. Like your team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

LINEUP111599332185812.png

Talk about chalk and cheese depending on which half of the team you look at its either pushing for promotion or fighting relegation. 

Take the defence Lenihen and Nayambe (I am assuming he plays although no doubt TM will drop him at some point for his t shirt and jeans clashing or some other important reason) that's a top 6 defence. Williams and Bell however is a relegation standard defence. 

Midfield is the same. Travis and Holtby look very promising. Evans I just don't rate. He's the best of a bad bunch to partner Travis but is invisible far too often imo and rarely stamps his authority on games. 

Up front Armstrong is the kind of guy you want leading the promotion push but the other two? JRC will be class but it's a lot of pressure on him to perform straight away and a sad state of affairs that he walks straight into the team. As for Bereton he's a relegation worthy forward. If he came through the ranks we'd all be calling for him to be sent out on loan this season and a one goal a year return in one of your attacking three is relegation worthy form. 

So who knows whether our better players will carry the weaker ones to a good performance or whether they will be dragged down. What worries me most is that there's very little redundancy in terms of quality in the team and depth in the squad. If Travis has an off day who will grab the game by the scruff of the neck? If Armstrong is off form who leads the line? And should we get an injury to any one of our better players who steps in for them? 

I have a bad feeling about this, and this season. We have no margin for error and if not all on top of our game we will have a horrid season. 

That said Rovers like to prove me wrong and relegated teams take a while to adjust so 1-1. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JoeH said:

For me Magloire showed more in one game than Wharton did in three. I'd have him over Wharton any day, but in reality I think we'll see a foreign defender there, or maybe Nat Philips if that finally gets sorted.

Kaminski
Nyambe Lenihan Magloire Bell
Travis Evans Holtby
Dolan Armstrong JRC

In friendlies though. I am basing my selection of Wharton on the fact that he has played 80+ successful games in League 1, and he was decent in the competitive game v Doncaster alongside a shaky Lenihan, last time Magloire played for the first team he looked all at sea, he then had an unsuccessful loan spell at Rochdale, he was decent enough yesterday but it is just a friendly and not enough in my opinion.

Ultimately, neither should be starting. The only reason I picked Wharton is because the admittedly not much better Derrick Williams is IMO needed at left back as we cant have Amarii Bell playing. If we had a competent left back, Williams would play next to Lenihan.

The Nat Phillips rumour seems to be agent talk linking him to numerous clubs, not sure a player with so few senior appearances himself is the answer to getting a "man" next to Lenihan.

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

Joe Rankin-Costello has to play. One of our fittest, most consistent and reliable player in my opinion.

He definitely should play, but I dont think he has earnt that title from his first team appearances to date. Competent short term at left back when clearly out of position and let no one down. Lets hope he can kick on this season in a more attacking role.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JoeH said:

For me Magloire showed more in one game than Wharton did in three. I'd have him over Wharton any day, but in reality I think we'll see a foreign defender there, or maybe Nat Philips if that finally gets sorted.

Not sure why you always seem to have such a downer on Wharton but he is a far better centre half than Magloire for one simple reason he can head the ball. Magloire appears to be unable to head the ball and if you are going to make it as a centre back then you are going to have to be able to head it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Not sure why you always seem to have such a downer on Wharton but he is a far better centre half than Magloire for one simple reason he can head the ball. Magloire appears to be unable to head the ball and if you are going to make it as a centre back then you are going to have to be able to head it.

not sure that he can`t head the ball,from what iv`e seen he can`t jump and get up for it,in any form of competetive football thats a serious handicap for a centre back,wharton can`t pass water but he certainly can get up to head a ball

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

not sure that he can`t head the ball,from what iv`e seen he can`t jump and get up for it,in any form of competetive football thats a serious handicap for a centre back,wharton can`t pass water but he certainly can get up to head a ball

I think Wharton Isn't that bad on the ball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

At 28 years old? Hell fire ???

It is not his age , sometimes players do well at certain clubs , especially when the pressure is off...

Newcastle he will have to hit the ground running , he is in the national glare ...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

It is not his age , sometimes players do well at certain clubs , especially when the pressure is off...

Newcastle he will have to hit the ground running , he is in the national glare ...

 

What a weird comment. 

He was just as much in the 'national glare' at Premier league bournemourh 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Mike E unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.