BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Middlesbrough Tuesday 3rd November

9 hours ago, Commondore said:

Agreed, made some good saves but looks like a boy among men. No charisma, doesn't inspire confidence. 

...so the players actually have different, bodily injuries, but Rovers and the players cover it up because...?

Lots of little injuries add up to an unhappy camp. It wouldn’t be the first time. Just needs a few new faces looking at each other going “what’s this all about” and the rubber dinghies start to fill up.

• Like 1

Gallagher brereton Dolan Elliott trybull JRC are just not good enough. How many chances does TM want to give brereton Gallagher before he realises they are shit. Same players week in week out are very poor yet get chance after chance and others don’t get a sniff.

personally I think TM and veno have to go they look clueless every game. Yes injuries have not helped the team but why not rotate the team and give others a shot to prove the worth. They have to go 

11 minutes ago, Steptoe87 said:

Gallagher brereton Dolan Elliott trybull JRC are just not good enough. How many chances does TM want to give brereton Gallagher before he realises they are shit. Same players week in week out are very poor yet get chance after chance and others don’t get a sniff.

personally I think TM and veno have to go they look clueless every game. Yes injuries have not helped the team but why not rotate the team and give others a shot to prove the worth. They have to go 

Elliot not good enough..have a day off

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Elliot not good enough..have a day off

What’s he done the last few games he’s still a kid needs to be dipped in and out of games he needs to work harder track back defend the last 2 games he has just walked about the pitch done 1 decent run in the full 95mins 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steptoe87 said:

How odd, I thought Elliott was just about our best player, closely followed by Holtby.

The commentary I had said Holtby was booked for simulation.

I thought that rule had gone and diving was legal.

Anyway SG has been simulating a footballer for months.

Someone earlier said Boro played route one. Nonsense. They played much better football than us but finishing is poor.

We got away with one there.

++Can't delete the quote, posted in error

Edited by AllRoverAsia

8 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Yes, but my opinions the only one I have mate!!!

And on a board where you have people blaming the manager for COVID outbreaks and acls, where people think 22yr old keepers are the finished article and where others beat off to Ivan Toney whilst the top scorer in all the leagues in 2020 is in our team, then guess what? I’m happy with my opinion and those who I know aren’t going off on mad tangents. ???

Of course you're happy with your opinion---tautology. And you are entitled to it.

However what you should not be doing is saying that that your's is the opinion of those who know what they're talking about.

That clearly implies that anyone not agreeing with you does not know their football.

That is wrong, arrogant and provocative and you should cease.

• Moderation Lead

Hi everyone- I had the audacity to go to bed around 10pm last night, so I’ve woken up to a lot of last night’s drama, but just to clarify, saying the following things isn’t alright-

‘I prefer to take the views of people who know what they are talking about’.

’If you don’t think this, then you’re deluded’.

Basically, insults and inferring people are clueless isn’t alright and never has been. 
It’s easier to hide posts, rather than simply dishing out bans, which is something we seek to avoid.
We understand that emotions run high after matches haven’t reached the conclusion we all wanted and people may need to let off steam, so we are more lenient than usual. 

Going forward, this leniency will end.
As it appears to be a lot of the same perpetrators digging each other out, which is incredibly disappointing. 
So, going forward-if you can’t moderate your own behaviour, please don’t start complaining about mods being too harsh with banning, as you’ve had your fair warning now. 
In short, as ever- just stop it.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Exactly. Why can't a 'professional footballer' playing as a 'striker' anticipate and connect with a straightforward cross? 

I'd forgive it if these were under 17s, had recently made the step up to this league, or were playing for Mill Hill St. Peters, but these are highly trained (cough cough) experienced and very highly remunerated professional players, whose apparent ineptitude is not only baffling, but actually quite annoying.

You could, perhaps, level the same criticism at the entire side - wtf do they do in training? Last night's game was like this was a bunch of blokes whose only common denominator was the blue and white shirt, and who could easily be mistaken for a rag-bag of misfits who had been assembled randomly from a mob of ordinary blokes milling about on Nuttall street 20 minutes before kick off having responded to a club call for volunteers to shore up our depleted ranks..

I mean, these players do know each other, don't they? They do train under the same manager, get drilled on the same game plans and tactics. They do work together at the same club. There IS a plan, a strategy, a mission....Right?

Nope, not on last night's evidence, there isn't.

Whether they should have finished the chance or not - there are lots of top class strikers who have missed similar chances. Its not like they missed numerous chances either.

I seem to remember Armstrong (top scorer in Championship) missing similar chances.

On the night I thought Brereton played the better of two out of sorts strikers - but the service they got was poor. It is noticeable that our Premiership loanee was largely anonymous. 

At the end of the day - they looked like a fully fit team on a good undefeated run. We looked like a team short of numerous first team players, without a win in some time. What pleased me personally was the fight being shown - which gives hope for the future.

That’s fine K-Hod, but it needs to be enforced swiftly as one person can completely de-rail a match day thread, which is terrible for the board and can only drive folk away from bothering with this place at all.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Mattyblue said:

That’s fine K-Hod, but it needs to be enforced swiftly as one person can completely de-rail a match day thread, which is terrible for the board and can only drive folk away from bothering with this place at all.

It starts from now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Hi everyone- I had the audacity to go to bed around 10pm last night, so I’ve woken up to a lot of last night’s drama, but just to clarify, saying the following things isn’t alright-

‘I prefer to take the views of people who know what they are talking about’.

’If you don’t think this, then you’re deluded’.

Basically, insults and inferring people are clueless isn’t alright and never has been. 
It’s easier to hide posts, rather than simply dishing out bans, which is something we seek to avoid.
We understand that emotions run high after matches haven’t reached the conclusion we all wanted and people may need to let off steam, so we are more lenient than usual. 

Going forward, this leniency will end.
As it appears to be a lot of the same perpetrators digging each other out, which is incredibly disappointing. 
So, going forward-if you can’t moderate your own behaviour, please don’t start complaining about mods being too harsh with banning, as you’ve had your fair warning now. 
In short, as ever- just stop it.

You're deluded if you think people will listen to this ?

Just a joke.

14 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Whether they should have finished the chance or not - there are lots of top class strikers who have missed similar chances. Its not like they missed numerous chances either.

I seem to remember Armstrong (top scorer in Championship) missing similar chances.

On the night I thought Brereton played the better of two out of sorts strikers - but the service they got was poor. It is noticeable that our Premiership loanee was largely anonymous. 

At the end of the day - they looked like a fully fit team on a good undefeated run. We looked like a team short of numerous first team players, without a win in some time. What pleased me personally was the fight being shown - which gives hope for the future.

Brereton is the more natural footballer of the two but Gallagher should probably be the more effective. Yes service was pants as is often the norm but they don't go looking often enough either.

Fact is they weren't out of sorts at all they were very much at their standard level. Occasionally they step above it when the rest of the team is on point. Mostly though that is what you expect from those two, piss poor it really is like having the lower league versions of Grabbi and the young Davies in the team at the same time.

Nobody to blame here but the players themselves and those who made the awful judgement calls to spew all the money on them.

• Like 2

I struggle to find sympathy with Mowbray and his injury excuses for the lack of shots in the second half last night. If you look at our team last night in the 2nd half it's not too far away from what we would have usually ended a game with last season. It's arguable that Armstrong and Travis are big misses but the rest is what we would have had to deal with last season when we were managing to be competitive. ie. 3-1 win against Bristol after Covid break.

Last night:

Pears (arguably just as bad as Walton)

Nyambe (better than Bennett) Lenihan Williams JRC (better than Bell)

Evans Holtby Rothwell

Elliot (better than what we had last season) Gallagher Brereton

Last season:

Walton

Bennett Lenihan Tosin JRC

Travis Evans Downing

Gallagher Holtby Brereton

Basically, what I am saying is the injuries do not wash with me. On paper we still have a squad with the injuries that is better than what we had to deal with last year. I'd have last nights second-half team to beat the Bristol team.

• Like 4

I have to admit this forum can be quite fun to read all the meltdowns that occur. Originally after a few games we were going to walk the league and now it is we are going to get relegated. We are barely 10 games in and we know how much a season can in a heartbeat. Especially this year more than any teams are going to struggle to play a consistent strongest 11 side due to injuries and the pandemic. 

Yesterday performance there is no sugar coating it wasn't great however, what other players could we use? At the minute we are doing to the very barebone with: 

Travis, Dack, Johnson, Amrstrong, Bennett, Bell, Kaminski, Douglas, Ayala, I mean do I need to continue? It is almost like starting a full different starting 11. 

Overall, we can see when full strength we have a very strong side, however, we need time for individuals to come back. THe main takeaway for me is Dolan is a wonderful addition but he needs some muscle on him and playing him with the under 23's will help him. He needs to grow, though I am confident he can be a talent in the future. The main take away for me is that Wharton seems like a rugged defender and looks exciting. Big Ben I feel has started the season incredibly well and one bad game doesn't define his season. Gallagher positioning is all wrong and needs to work on his movement. I just feel we are little naive and lack bravery at times. 

• Like 1