BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

9 minutes ago, Madon said:

I'd bet there would be a long queue of Championship clubs interested in his services if he was to leave here at the end of the season! 

There wasn't a long queue 18 months ago when he was available on a free and his performances over the last 18 months aren't likely to have attracted many more bidders.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Madon said:

I'd bet there would be a long queue of Championship clubs interested in his services if he was to leave here at the end of the season! 

He can't play the games.  3 games every week is too much for him.  That's why he looked great at the beginning of the season.  I don't think anyone is questioning his ability,  just can't play a full championship season. What's the point?

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Whiteman is going in as the star of Prestons show. Good luck to the lad. I don’t think he’d get a game with us tbh...he better / more effective than Travis? Holtby? Rothwell?. No chance.

Hopefully he does great and fulfills his potential. Tbf I couldn’t give a shiny shit about Preston. Be a couple in here excited about this deal though...👀🤣🤣

Have you watched Whiteman a few times?

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Looks like Arsenal are looking to loan Omar Rekik , young centre half...anyone remember his older brother Karim on loan here a few years ago from citeh?

Not in the slightest. And I usually remember everyone down to some of our youth team players who never got first team games. Must have made a great impression!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Looks like Arsenal are looking to loan Omar Rekik , young centre half...anyone remember his older brother Karim on loan here a few years ago from citeh?

Vaguely, big reputation who didn't really justify it. To be fair to him he didn't exactly come in at the best time to showcase his talent!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Whiteman is going in as the star of Prestons show. Good luck to the lad. I don’t think he’d get a game with us tbh...he better / more effective than Travis? Holtby? Rothwell?. No chance.

Hopefully he does great and fulfills his potential. Tbf I couldn’t give a shiny shit about Preston. Be a couple in here excited about this deal though...👀🤣🤣

Let's see - I think we went about the summer the right way (broadly) in terms of spending the budget on the right areas, so I'm not saying that I'm particularly annoyed about us not getting him. Even so it's never easy to see how these 'too good for L1' types adjust to going the step higher. I'd be shocked if he's as effective in his role as Travis is, but it took Rothwell ages to get to his current level, which is still inconsistent. Holtby is too hot and cold too. Buckley not there yet. We're well off for good/promising/useful midfielders in a way that we never used to be, but most have question marks next to them too so I'd expect that he would get plenty of game time for us.

Anyway, the ship seems to have sailed. Like you, I'm not overly bothered about PNE (even if it has been an embarrassing run of results against a lesser Lancashire club!) so good luck to him. 

• Like 3

PNE baffle me. Willing to fork out millions on Ben Whiteman but can't get the right offers in for contracts on their key players. It'll be Ben Whiteman and their C team in 2021/22 at this rate with the amount they have leaving!

5 hours ago, JoeH said:

PNE baffle me. Willing to fork out millions on Ben Whiteman but can't get the right offers in for contracts on their key players. 

Then again, nobbers fans might say they are baffled by rovers spending 12m on a couple of dollopers and nothing on their defence.....

I bet AN would love that kind of money plus the wage bill we have

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

We need Dolan more than we need Whiteman. 🙂

Holtby has been poor since returning my from the Corona virus. 

Didn't know he'd had Covid. Might explain a lot. Think I read Steve Bruce had fears for a couple of his players who still hadn't recovered months after getting Covid. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

I have seen a bit of Whiteman and he looks good in league 1. But I wouldn’t spend 7 figures on him right now because I genuinely don’t think he’d play in front of Trav, Rothwell, Holtby, Johnson or Trybull. All of the above have better credentials and experience. I’m more excited at the potential of Davenport and Buckley.

Hope it works out for BW. My gut tells me he’ll be a middle of the road Championship CM.

Lets talk about Rovers. Where the f@&k are our cb’s!!? 🙈...

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Didn't know he'd had Covid. Might explain a lot. Think I read Steve Bruce had fears for a couple of his players who still hadn't recovered months after getting Covid. 

Armstrong has looked better after he had the corona virus. Strange how it affects in different ways.

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Then again, nobbers fans might say they are baffled by rovers spending 12m on a couple of dollopers and nothing on their defence.....

I bet AN would love that kind of money plus the wage bill we have

Are we bothered what their fans think? 

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thought we would have sign a centre back by now. 

Leicester City's centre back Benkovic would be my 1st target. 

Doubt we could afford him and looks like he's celtic bound anyway. Don't know why you are so surprised we haven't signed one, it's standard for rovers to drag their heels. Even someone as delusional as your good self should know that. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Doubt we could afford him and looks like he's celtic bound anyway. Don't know why you are so surprised we haven't signed one, it's standard for rovers to drag their heels. Even someone as delusional as your good self should know that. 

Drag their heels? The windows been open a week ffs

15 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Drag their heels? The windows been open a week ffs

We do need someone in ,but in the club's defence we are targeting a young premier league loanee, clubs in the premier league will be reluctant to let them out early with all the covid absentee's.Id say a lot of clubs will be playing their youngsters in the fa cup this weekend.Hopefully we will see movement early next week 

• Like 1