BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City Home

36 minutes ago, JHRover said:

What an absolute shambles. The people owning and running the club should be thoroughly embarrassed and ashamed of themselves.

The people I feel sorry for are the ground staff and players. 

The ground staff do the best they can with the resources they are given. It is clear the owners and directors have cut corners and costs and now it comes home to roost.

The players have joined this club presumably thinking they are joining a professional and serious operation hoping to get to the Premier League. 

Yet a stadium and pitch barely maintained, no undersoil heating and blocked drains getting games called off. Its like amateur hour.

I don't believe the volume of rain has been unprecedented and alone has caused the postponement. Neglect of facilities and corner cutting has exacerbated the problem significantly.

Curious how for 25 years after Ewood was rebuilt the rain never caused a postponement and yet during the Venky malaise the pitch is a disgrace and can't cope with heavy showers.

We need owners who care and take pride in the club. It embarrasses me.

Anyone else noticed the Frost covers laid out alongside the Ewood pitch recently? Looks like they've given up on the undersoil heating. Presumably it costs too much or they haven't bothered maintaining it so instead are using sheets to stop the pitch becoming frozen.

The frost covers were donated by the 100 Club to help the academy at Brockhall. It seems these covers have been requisitioned and moved to Ewood Park. 

Not a problem? Well it means the Brockhall pitches aren't covered from frost so the team won't train on there. This is the reason the team have trained on Ewood recently as it is the only unfrozen grass pitch. This is the reason the pitch has rapidly deteriorated into the mess it is because in addition to games it has been used for training.

What an absolute shambles. Venkys, Waggott and Mowbray out asap.

Was thinking the same 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The frost covers were donated by the 100 Club to help the academy at Brockhall. It seems these covers have been requisitioned and moved to Ewood Park. 

Not a problem? Well it means the Brockhall pitches aren't covered from frost so the team won't train on there. This is the reason the team have trained on Ewood recently as it is the only unfrozen grass pitch. This is the reason the pitch has rapidly deteriorated into the mess it is because in addition to games it has been used for training.

If this is true (and I don't doubt that it isn't) it beggars belief. Embarrassment. Shambles. Disgrace. All are appropriate.

It is a bit colder out at Brockhall so pitches there will freeze more often, yet are used daily. How did Mowbray let this happen? He is the manager. Surely he wants the team to be as well prepared as possible. What about the academy? Indoor training?

Looking at Tom's pictures they should go back to Pleasy rather than the pitch at Ewood. I've never seen so much grass. It used to be like Blackpool when I played out there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Pah! You were lucky! Boots coming off? I once played on a pitch so frozen that my boots wouldn't come off. Ever. I had to amputate both feet with an icicle. They're still there on that pitch to this day, frozen in place 20 years later despite the summers since, along with the frigid corpses of the other 21 players and numerous attendees who never made it back that day. Some of them because of the lethal frozen winds, some of them because a polar bear migrated down from the North Pole and savaged us.

Ref wouldn't call the bloody game off. We thought he was a stubborn bastard. Turned out he was just frozen dead from just after the kickoff.

Still, positives had to be taken from the game. We had 100% possession after our kickoff vanished into the blizzard winds

Brilliant that bluebruce, cheered me up no end!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

What an absolute shambles. The people owning and running the club should be thoroughly embarrassed and ashamed of themselves.

The people I feel sorry for are the ground staff and players. 

The ground staff do the best they can with the resources they are given. It is clear the owners and directors have cut corners and costs and now it comes home to roost.

The players have joined this club presumably thinking they are joining a professional and serious operation hoping to get to the Premier League. 

Yet a stadium and pitch barely maintained, no undersoil heating and blocked drains getting games called off. Its like amateur hour.

I don't believe the volume of rain has been unprecedented and alone has caused the postponement. Neglect of facilities and corner cutting has exacerbated the problem significantly.

Curious how for 25 years after Ewood was rebuilt the rain never caused a postponement and yet during the Venky malaise the pitch is a disgrace and can't cope with heavy showers.

We need owners who care and take pride in the club. It embarrasses me.

Anyone else noticed the Frost covers laid out alongside the Ewood pitch recently? Looks like they've given up on the undersoil heating. Presumably it costs too much or they haven't bothered maintaining it so instead are using sheets to stop the pitch becoming frozen.

👏 This says what we are all thinking. Thank you.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GHR said:

As with most things with this club over the past decade or so, if you didn't laugh you'd cry. Mind you, given it's state on Saturday anything more than a thimble of water falling was always going to jeopardise tonight.

The thing is though, there seems to be almost a malaise about it. We should have treated the very apparent worsening condition with all the haste we'd have treated a structural deficiency or broken utility. Instead we've let it get to the point where it genuinely resembles a farmer's field and rendered it unusable. We've still got a good two months of patchy weather yet too. Shambolic negligence.

NOT by the ground staff, I must stress vehemently!! They can only work within the hand, budget and tools that they are dealt. This was in total contradiction to their recommendations. The buck stops between them and the owners: join the dots! 

It pisses me off that people think otherwise. It's not bloody fair!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

NOT by the ground staff, I must stress vehemently!! They can only work within the hand, budget and tools that they are dealt. This was in total contradiction to their recommendations. The buck stops between them and the owners: join the dots! 

It pisses me off that people think otherwise. It's not bloody fair!!

I agree entirely, I apologise if my post came across as blaming our groundsmen; as you say they are trying their best having been dealt an abysmal hand and we all know who is ultimately responsible. In an ideal world they'd be asked for their honest assessment of the pitch, and the club would furnish them accordingly. We can but dream of that at Venky's-era Rovers...

1 minute ago, GHR said:

In an ideal world they'd be asked for their honest assessment of the pitch, and the club would furnish them accordingly. We can but dream of that at Venky's-era Rovers...

What was the line again? Oh yes...

’they never refuse a cheque’

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Tony’s thought process right now...

’You can’t lose the game if you don’t play it’

Absolutely! Credit where it is due. This is the first time I can think of where TMs training has stopped the opposition from scoring. It's a novel approach but his most successful one to date. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, den said:

Park pitch @oldjamfan1

I don't think anybody would argue with that den. Mind you, anyone who has watched the last few games at Ewood would already have known that. I haven't seen the pitch in as poor nick as this in about 30 years.

Club executives are to blame for me, some crazy false economy operational decisions have been taken.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Absolutely! Credit where it is due. This is the first time I can think of where TMs training has stopped the opposition from scoring. It's a novel approach but his most successful one to date. 

‘We’ll put the postponement in the bag and move on’.

• Like 7

To me thisnis another stick to beat Mowbray with it really.  He has been trying to set uo a side that plays out from the back.  We have players, who are our better ones by the way (argue about ben if you wany), who can move with the ball at their feet, run at speed with the ball on the ground, control a ball and play a sweet pass.  Players like Dack, Rothwell, Brereton, Dolan, Nyambe, Elliot and for slide rile passes Holtby, Downing and yes young Buckly.  Now a pitch like that in my mind SERIOUSLY hampers their game, the very style of game.Mowbray has tried to instill.  Mowbray should ne absolutely livid,.pulling hisnhair out seething mad on the phone to India.  Has it been fixed?  No just more evidence that Mowbray does not give a flying. 

More damagjng is it demonstrates to the players that nobody gives a toss about providing them with quality tools to perform their crafts with.  Huge, Massive that.  Apathy from top to bottom, an apathy that has now been rubbing off on us fans.  Even me, I have loved this team since I was 6 yo.  just the other week I turned off the game, at 62 it was a first for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, USABlue said:

To me thisnis another stick to beat Mowbray with it really.  He has been trying to set uo a side that plays out from the back.  We have players, who are our better ones by the way (argue about ben if you wany), who can move with the ball at their feet, run at speed with the ball on the ground, control a ball and play a sweet pass.  Players like Dack, Rothwell, Brereton, Dolan, Nyambe, Elliot and for slide rile passes Holtby, Downing and yes young Buckly.  Now a pitch like that in my mind SERIOUSLY hampers their game, the very style of game.Mowbray has tried to instill.  Mowbray should ne absolutely livid,.pulling hisnhair out seething mad on the phone to India.  Has it been fixed?  No just more evidence that Mowbray does not give a flying. 

More damagjng is it demonstrates to the players that nobody gives a toss about providing them with quality tools to perform their crafts with.  Huge, Massive that.  Apathy from top to bottom, an apathy that has now been rubbing off on us fans.  Even me, I have loved this team since I was 6 yo.  just the other week I turned off the game, at 62 it was a first for me.

How on earth do you know that TM isn't bothered - you can blame him for lots of things but things like the pitch rests with Waggot IMO

10 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Another old story - but lack of preparation time during summer could be one of the reasons

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/may/pitch-up-look-sharp/

Did we kick off the season earlier than the rest of the league, as the majority I’ve seen in the Championship are nowhere near as bad as ours...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Did we kick off the season earlier than the rest of the league, as the majority I’ve seen in the Championship are nowhere near as bad as ours...

I know one that is Matty ..Sheff Weds ..looked like a WW1 minefield on tv the other week!