BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City Home

We usually lose games which I start match threads for so I guess this is a free hit.

The only game I have seen this season where we were unambiguously the worse side/not at the races/ totally out classed and out played was Swansea away so there is little reason to believe Tuesday night will be any different (checked- it is Tuesday night but watch the kick off time of 7pm in the UK, 8pm for me). Venue is a ploughed field near Lower Darwen or a remote in your living room. Weather outside cold but that's academic because none of you are allowed out anyway.

Yes we were particularly badly hit by injuries at the Liberty then but so were they. I guess we might be surprised to discover our returned walking wounded are better than their's so hope springs eternal but then snubbed out by their boss blossoming in the meantime while our's has wilted to a shrivelled gurning presence somewhere near the tunnel.

As for selection, I would much prefer Davenport alongside Travis than Johnson but I guess we might get Buckley who probably would be an upgrade on Johnson on current form.

And if it is essential to have somebody hugging the touchline in the Mowbray world of playing as though we actually have wingers in the squad then I'd opt for Brereton over Rothwell who has to have the option of space either side of him to really express himself.

Probabilities for this one:

80% defeat and Swansea to put automatic promotion a mere 16 points out of our grasp (this will be only game 25 of this anticlimactic underwhelming season) 

19% draw

1% the moon is made of blue and white halved cheese. 

• Like 1

• J*B pinned this topic

7pm kick-off. You don't want to tune in at 7.45pm and miss another of our scintillating 1st half displays.

Another team with a good defence (there's seems to be a pattern to doing well at this football lark). 1 goal conceded in their last 5 games. 

They've lost to Derby and Boro in their last 6 away games so they're not infallible. It will still be a tough game.

Rovers 1 Swansea 1. A draw would be a good result for Mogga's men.  

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

7pm kick-off. You don't want to tune in at 7.45pm and miss another of our scintillating 1st half displays.

Thanks for highlighting this (I think?!?) Would totally have assumed a 7.45 KO. 

Another team with a good defence (there's seems to be a pattern to doing well at this football lark). 1 goal conceded in their last 5 games. 

Nah mate you are imagining things. Defence doesn't really matter - just ask our footballing genius TM. It must be pure coincidence...

They've lost to Derby and Boro in their last 6 away games so they're not infallible. It will still be a tough game.

This is what annoys me. Every game even against the so called bigger teams it's possible to get something from. Can't compete is utter bull when anyone can beat anyone in this league. A bit more nous in the dugout and combined with our pitch proving a leveller and there is no way we should be worried about facing anyone. Not an easy game at all, but not a David v Goliath battle either. 

Rovers 1 Swansea 1. A draw would be a good result for Mogga's men.  

Agree on score and verdict. We've fallen so far when not losing to Swansea at home is an achievement. 

• Like 2

Got a feeling this game may be in doubt because of heavy rain Monday night and all day Tuesday. It may give Mowbray a bit of respite because Swansea are on a roll and we are all over the place at the moment.

Another sure sign of the depths our club have fallen this last decade from top to bottom.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

A team going for the playoffs against a team going through the motions,easy 2-0 win for the Welsh.

I think people are underestimating them - they’re 2nd - 4 points clear of 3rd! Agree though, it’ll be a stroll for them.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stonesrick said:

Got a feeling this game may be in doubt because of heavy rain Monday night and all day Tuesday. It may give Mowbray a bit of respite because Swansea are on a roll and we are all over the place at the moment.

Another sure sign of the depths our club have fallen this last decade from top to bottom.

A6F3DB19-D232-4E71-ADF2-E97C12F288CB.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

A6F3DB19-D232-4E71-ADF2-E97C12F288CB.jpeg

That's only a bit muddy. I once played on a pitch with big pools of standing water. The ref said - " It's your pitch lads, if you want to play it's OK by me ". Now and again the ball landed in pools of water with nobody nearby. The wind was blowing and the ball would sail across the pool like a toy yacht. The trick was to anticipate where the ball would sail to.

• Like 6

I can see a fair bit of tinkering for this game given his paddy about the pitch last game. Its classic Mowbray to do something completely random just to try and prove a point. Gallagher up front on his own and long balls pumped up aimlessly would be most likely. 

• Like 2