BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

3 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

We've still got a very small squad with a lot of games to play. There will still be plenty of chances for Chapman this season. 

I suspect that if Gallagher, Brereton, Poveda and Dolan all got injured for the full season, that Chapman would still not get plenty of chances.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Looks very erratic from those film clips. Is a young unproven winger really what we need? And what is Chapman supposed to make of it - the lad is 23 and should be a regular now. He will feel this is another kick in the teeth

It's a bizarre signing in my view and smacks of desperation just to get a body in.  

Yeah, a lot of huffing and puffing but not much real end product going off that little bit of film.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I suspect that if Gallagher, Brereton, Poveda and Dolan all got injured for the full season, that Chapman would still not get plenty of chances.

I personally feel Chapman is a lge 1 player and that's why he's always on the fringes. But we'll see if he proves his doubters wrong. 

• Like 2

Just now, rovers11 said:

I personally feel Chapman is a lge 1 player and that's why he's always on the fringes. But we'll see if he proves his doubters wrong. 

He's a bloody good League 1 player judging by his loan signing last year.

For me he should get an extended run in the side (hamstrings willing) as he offers something different - pace and dribbling ability. He won't though because laughably Mowbray doesn't think he works hard enough defensively - which is rich as he can't organise his back 4 can't keep a clean sheet regardless of who's in front of them. 

• Like 1

Not that excited about a signing from Leeds. And let's be honest the last two Antonson and Douglas didn't set the world alight. Certainly nothing better that couldn't have been picked up on free transfers and y'know been longer term assets. 

That said after crapping on Mowbray's cornflakes, or whatever Chapman did to become out of favour, having another winger in the squad is not a bad thing. But if he isn't better than Dolan or Chapman it sets us back even further. How many loans have we screwed up like this over the years? 

24 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

I certainly have my doubts about him, but he has looked really bright in the last 2 games, on the back of such a good loan spell in League 1. 

Dolan seems to be seen as so far ahead of Chapman, and I dont really agree with that. Dolan is very limited and raw and in my opinion would not replicate Chapman's form in League 1 last season.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Not that excited about a signing from Leeds. And let's be honest the last two Antonson and Douglas didn't set the world alight. Certainly nothing better that couldn't have been picked up on free transfers and y'know been longer term assets. 

That said after crapping on Mowbray's cornflakes, or whatever Chapman did to become out of favour, having another winger in the squad is not a bad thing. But if he isn't better than Dolan or Chapman it sets us back even further. How many loans have we screwed up like this over the years? 

I think Chapman is heading back to Shrewsbury in the next few days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

I would add (on loans) that our ability to convince the bigger clubs to let us specifically loan us they’re talented youth players is a benefit - my only concerns are the hidden costs and attitude.

It really isn't if it stops our own youngsters getting in the side UNLESS said PL youngsters are the difference between going up or staying up and not. Otherwise it's completely pointless plus it's a criminal waste of money. 

How much more obvious can it be?

• Like 1

If Chapman heads back out then it would be very strange at this moment. Obviously we are very short in attack, but Poveda aside as an unknown, i would have Chapman in my first 11 at this moment ahead of Dolan, 100%. We arent in a position to let him go at the moment.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

It really isn't if it stops our own youngsters getting in the side UNLESS said PL youngsters are the difference between going up or staying up and not. Otherwise it's completely pointless plus it's a criminal waste of money. 

How much more obvious can it be?

To have such a definitive idea on whether signings will be the difference between promotion/relegation is very difficult. That would essentially be having confidence before a season that you wont go down and wont go up, and takes any point out of even bothering at all and trying to improve the team.

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

That’s the whole point, so they’ve opportunities to go on loan and play regular games as opposed to sitting on the bench grabbing ten minutes a week.

If you rate Wharton and Carter like I do, you’d surely be more open to the idea of Garrett and Butterworth following their path of lower league experience?

Thats who Clarkson / Poveda replace in our current 18 at the minute. Even if it’s temporary, it’s a huge upgrade. 

Garnett wasn't even in the 18 Saturday. Poveda and Clarkson are more likely to block the progress of the likes of Davenport, Chapman,  Buckley Butterworth and Dolan who all need regular game time at this level.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

.To have such a definitive idea on whether signings will be the difference between promotion/relegation is very difficult. That would essentially be having confidence before a season that you wont go down and wont go up, and takes any point out of even bothering at all and trying to improve the team.

Entirely my point really, you're not improving the team at all because no matter how good they are, they're not here the following season so you never get any long term progression. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Garnett wasn't even in the 18 Saturday. Poveda and Clarkson are more likely to block the progress of the likes of Davenport, Chapman,  Buckley Butterworth and Dolan who all need regular game time at this level.

100% agree, with the amount we are offering for the loans we are guaranteeing the parent club that we are going to play each loan player in every game he is available.

We have a budget of around £30k a week for new players this season, each loan player so far we are offering £5k a week for or 20-25% of their weekly wages so we will be guaranteeing to play them each week. I believe they were looking at Dale from Crewe last week to bring in permanently but that has died down over the weekend after Crewe wanted £1m plus £300k of addons for him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, phili said:

100% agree, with the amount we are offering for the loans we are guaranteeing the parent club that we are going to play each loan player in every game he is available.

We have a budget of around £30k a week for new players this season, each loan player so far we are offering £5k a week for or 20-25% of their weekly wages so we will be guaranteeing to play them each week. I believe they were looking at Dale from Crewe last week to bring in permanently but that has died down over the weekend after Crewe wanted £1m plus £300k of addons for him.

In addition to the 5k per week, we'll also be paying a substantial loan fee won't we? Premier League Clubs don't tend to let these players out for nothing.

5 minutes ago, phili said:

I believe they were looking at Dale from Crewe last week to bring in permanently but that has died down over the weekend after Crewe wanted £1m plus £300k of addons for him.

That's absolute buttons if Payment is structured in the usual way I.e. over the life of the contract.

If we can't afford that things must be desperate. Shows what folly it was to splurge £5m on Gallagher who presumably is no better than this bloke at best.

For the same price you could have bought 3 or 4 of him plus the wages would be much less.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

In addition to the 5k per week, we'll also be paying a substantial loan fee won't we? Premier League Clubs don't tend to let these players out for nothing.

Yep we will be doing a substantial fee. I think anything up to £1m per player.