BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Venkys have a decision to make .....retain him and give him money to spend....and lose any remaining revenue through turnstiles, retail etc

or......get rid , give an opportunity some of the kids who, at least, will fight for the shirt, save money and have a returning fan base ...

I will return to watch that.....I will not return to watch anything to do with him....irrespective of which league we might be in 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

.get rid , give an opportunity some of the kids who, at least, will fight for the shirt, save money and have a returning fan base ...

Its should be get rid of Mowbray, bring in a new manager/head coach. Then sign some quality players this summer aswell as promote 3 or 4 players from the under like Dan Pike, Conor McBride, etc into the 1st team squad for next season

• Like 1

I'm sick of watching loan players play for us from prem clubs,we're just putting them in the shop window with no chance of signing them ourselves like we did for Tosin last season and Elliot and others this season.Next season either play the younger players we already have or sign some players on permanent contracts,i've had it with doing favours for big clubs,where has it got us other than mid table medoicrity then when they go back to their prem clubs we have to start again looking for new players.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Darrenbot said:

I'm sick of watching loan players play for us from prem clubs,we're just putting them in the shop window with no chance of signing them ourselves like we did for Tosin last season and Elliot and others this season.Next season either play the younger players we already have or sign some players on permanent contracts,i've had it with doing favours for big clubs,where has it got us other than mid table medoicrity then when they go back to their prem clubs we have to start again looking for new players.

Sadly we have put ourselves in a position where it may not be feasible to ignore the loan market entirely. Largely because of *checks notes* relying on the loan market too much in the past.

It may seem counterintuitive to rely on it again, but 5 more new players to add to the out of contract lot is likely too big an ask for the budget to get enough quality from. We can't rely wholesale on young players coming through. I agree with the sentiment, and I wouldn't want to see us get 5 again if we can help it, but realistically I'm not gonna be mad if we get 3. I'd understand the need to transition a bit.

3 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Beyond AA, Dack and Smallwood (League 1) I can't think of many unqualified successes in the 20+ players he signed permanently. 

In fairness to him - Paul Downing was a missing piece loan in our promotion season covering for Lenihen. That was a good move. Appreciate it was mainly a loan but it did exactly what it should have done. 

Tosin and Elliott could have been the missing pieces and imo were of the required quality to push us over the finish line. The problem is that none of the rest of the signings and the way the team was organised were meant we were far from needing a missing piece, we were still missing half the jigsaw and TM was trying to build a different picture to the one on the box...

His record is pretty horrific really. Downing would go into the success column (last season) but then after that most have been ok or terrible. That's a pretty shocking record to have so few clearly positive impact signings within 4 years. 

And that's not counting the cost of the catastrophic ones - Gally, Wittingham, Bereton, Walton - all had a huge negative impact on the budget and/or in key positions.  He really is not good in the transfer market, 

• Like 1

Just seen the horrible news of next wave Covid hitting India today. Horrific nunbers of infections. Patients laying on floors dying. Worst hit area is Pune. Doubt Venkys will have time to consider anything right now let alone Mowbrays replacement.

I think we're stuck with him until next season.

Edited by TimmyJimmy

Instead of finding money for dud wages and extra transfer fees they should use that to change manager.

Try and retain most of this squad and let someone try and get the best out of them with maybe a few astute additions that don't cost much.  It's a no brainer, give him another few million in transfers and wages and go around in the same circle. Or pay him off and get some new ideas in.

Either way it's costing them millions, they just need to get the recruitment right. That means thinking out the box a bit and stop looking on the HSH scrap pile. If we end up in midtable again so be it, we might move forwards after that.

No different to flogging a dead horse as we are.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers linked with Morecambe out of contract winger Carlos Mendes Gomes in today Daily Mirror. 

Scored 12 goals this season..

Being linked with Morecambe players is how low we've got to,what's next? signing Chorley players maybe.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Being linked with Morecambe players is how low we've got to,what's next? signing Chorley players maybe.

Have you seen him play? 

He started off at the Atletico Madrid Academy. Could be gem of player. Who knows. Also Rangers are after him also

Thank God we never sign Jamie Vardy from non league. Imagine the uproar by some fans

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers linked with Morecambe out of contract winger Carlos Mendes Gomes in today Daily Mirror. 

With him being Spanish, is he even available to British clubs under the new regs? League Two isn't a top league.

Not sure how it works with players who currently have a work permit here once their existing contract expires.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

He's had some good reviews, but where would we play him?  Perhaps as a striker so we can keep BB and SG out wide, where they are useful.

15 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

With him being Spanish, is he even available to British clubs under the new regs? League Two isn't a top league.

Not sure how it works with players who currently have a work permit here once their existing contract expires.

Wouldnt he apply for the Settlement scheme in the UK? 

7 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

He's had some good reviews, but where would we play him?  Perhaps as a striker so we can keep BB and SG out wide, where they are useful.

Wide. Either in 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2?

48 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Here's here now which means he had what was required for a work permit to play football. As a UK based footballer he wouldn't need another work permit to play at a different UK based club now.

The biggest question after the manager question is how do we replace Armstrong's goals and does it require a different type of striker and different formation/style of play to get results need next season? 

Has anyone got any thoughts or opinions on this? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

The biggest question after the manager question is how do we replace Armstrong's goals and does it require a different type of striker and different formation/style of play to get results need next season? 

Has anyone got any thoughts or opinions on this? 

I'm just glad he's going. His goals have done nothing but hold us back. We'd have gone up without him and his goals, of that there is no doubt. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Have you seen him play? 

He started off at the Atletico Madrid Academy. Could be gem of player. Who knows. Also Rangers are after him also

Thank God we never sign Jamie Vardy from non league. Imagine the uproar by some fans

No i havent and i'm willing to bet neither have you,if he turns out to be another Vardy then good luck to him but it's more likely he'll be no better than any of our youth forwards we already have.

• Like 1

Preston must now challenge Blackburn and Rangers in race to sign Carlos Mendes Gomes - Deepdale Digest

I've seen this guy play once, it was when Morecambe were live on TV in what I presume was the FA Cup. My memory is fooked so it was either this season or last.

Anyway, he stood out in the match as a cut above evryone else, and was pretty much as described here -small, wiry, quick and skilful. I'd never heard of him before and haven't seen him play since. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

No i havent and i'm willing to bet neither have you,if he turns out to be another Vardy then good luck to him but it's more likely he'll be no better than any of our youth forwards we already have.

I've seen highlights of the games on TV..knows where the goal is. Could be hidden gem. 

Hes a winger not a forward tho