BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

19 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Anyone who bought a ticket for the Swansea game can have the cost knocked off a Season Ticket! Wow. How creative of Waggott

Is that the actual cost of the ticket paid he's knocking off, or the pro rata amount it would be worth on the Season Ticket?

7 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Is that the actual cost of the ticket paid he's knocking off, or the pro rata amount it would be worth on the Season Ticket?

It will be the pro rata, rate. probably about £18. So expect to pay around £380

Edited by rigger

Interesting that it was our biggest opening EFL Cup crowd (Burnley aside) since relegation from the PL. not saying a lot it was just under 6,000 (but we’ve had some 3/4k gates in the 1st round previously), but I imagine a decent number of non ST holders will have walked up in the nice weather, summer hols etc - they certainly won’t be looking for £400 odd quid down their settee after that… 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

I wouldn't say I wouldn't go back but I wouldn't want to pay £32 to do so. For a fiver, whilst frustrating, annoying, downright infuriating it wasn't a waste of money. It got me out of the house on a night when I'd otherwise have struggled to find something to watch on TV as my husband doesn't like me watching anything he might want to watch together 

On 10/08/2021 at 10:08, only2garners said:

????? I think one of the comments at a meeting was to maybe reverse the charge i.e knock £3 off the price if you buy in advance rather than adding it on before kick-off. Right now that would be a sensible move, although still in my view the prices would be too high.

It’s the same thing though.

He doesn’t think like a Rovers fan, or even a football fan. He thinks like a businessman. An old school, out of touch, one.

The fan comment was “knock £3 off of you buy early”. He heard make the Waggott tax price the actual price - and then maybe offer some occasional discounts.

This bloke needs to be removed from his post. In the meantime, the FF need to continue to hold him to account.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Interesting that it was our biggest opening EFL Cup crowd (Burnley aside) since relegation from the PL. not saying a lot it was just under 6,000 (but we’ve had some 3/4k gates in the 1st round previously), but I imagine a decent number of non ST holders will have walked up in the nice weather, summer hols etc - they certainly won’t be looking for £400 odd quid down their settee after that… 

A guy i was speaking to went to the Swansea match and enjoyed then looked at the West Brom prices. Said sod it i'll go to the league cup game then have a day out at Millwall instead. 

'They can stuff 30 odd quid games against non local opposition with the flimsiest team we've had in years.'

I think there'll be quite a lot doing that kind of thing this season.

• Like 1

Club getting an almost unanimous slaughtering re West Brom prices on the various social media channels. 

I would say we are looking at our lowest league turn out in home areas for 30 plus years this weekend…

Edited by Mattyblue

Even Dan Clough who defends every little thing about the club weighed in on it.

Horrible pricing, I suspect the WBA following will tip us over 10k again but it's all becoming a bit of a farce.

Totally out of touch this lot.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It would not be unanimous criticism even if it was £1000 for 1 game.

Screenshot_20210816-135925_Twitter.jpg

Beyond clueless he is, every time I've seen him in the comments on Twitter he's coming out with some absolute garbage. Calling us 'Blackburn' always says a lot too. 

Like you say, it could be a grand per game and you'd still get people like him and others who think that if you support a football club it means you have to back every decision they make.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I don’t count that peculiar Rob Young character, he was pressing for the sale of Brockhall earlier this year.

Facebook which tends to have more locals commenting on posts than Twitter was particularly scathing.

Correct, everything that tends to rile fans in general he takes the opposite view.

It screams of ten bob journo trying to garner a bit of attention on the back of controversial opinion.  Loads of them on there and best served by the mute button.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is that the money saving the main reason?

Do you not miss going to every home game?

No the main reason is because the product on the pitch last season was shit. I don't know about your second question as I have not missed a game yet. I will be at Ewood tonight.

Edited by rigger

The issue is, for a lot of people, if they can only get two a few matches because of work commitments, childcare, transport or whatever, it makes no sense to buy a season ticket. However they want to attend the matches they can get to. Off putting then to be asked for £32. For me £30 is a barrier. Not because I can't afford more but because it just seems too much. I dont want things on the cheap but I do want them within my reasonable range

29 minutes ago, rigger said:

No the main reason is because the product on the pitch last season was shit. I don't know about your second question as I have not missed a game yet. I will be at Ewood tonight.

But last season we weren't inside the stadium tho. For me you can't beat being inside Ewood Park watching the team. 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But last season we weren't inside the stadium tho. For me you can't beat being inside Ewood Park watching the team. 

So you keep saying.  For me being in or out of Ewood last season, didn't alter the fact that most performances were shit.

• Like 1

• Backroom
5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

It would not be unanimous criticism even if it was £1000 for 1 game.

Screenshot_20210816-135925_Twitter.jpg

Just looked up this guys tweets - I think there’s as many about Rovers fans as there are about Rovers.

A typical passive aggressive ‘everyone else is unreasonable and knee jerk apart from me, I am enlightened and decent’ type 

• Like 8