BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

As Bolton have been mentioned several times in recent posts has anybody else seen their advertisement on the LT website? They have a decent sized piece entitled Bolton home shirts for sale with pictures of some of their players modelling them. It struck me that they can sniff the disenchantment this side of Bull Hill and are trying to tap into it much like we did when we offered free transport to Bury fans following their demise (whatever was the result of that btw).

So we’ve just under two weeks until the next home league game. Saturday saw a good performance… and an actual win on the opening day! 

The club should now be all over anyone on the database, especially those that bought a match ticket on Saturday offering STs, price reduced to take account of only 22 games left.

Won’t hold my breath.

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So we’ve just under two weeks until the next home league game. Saturday saw a good performance… and an actual win on the opening day! 

The club should now be all over anyone on the database, especially those that bought a match ticket on Saturday offering STs, price reduced to take account of only 22 games left.

Won’t hold my breath.

On the official site, they are offering season tickets at a reduced price, if you bought a ticket for the Swansea game. Perhaps someone is listening to the fans.  

Yeah, just spotted that, good to see, however it is buried in the standard ‘Back to Live’ article that gets re-posted on the website every few days, you imagine a lot of floating fans won’t pick up on that.

So hopefully they will press the point on the official social media accounts, plus another email and mail shot will go out. Not often we’ve actually got a bit of momentum after the opening day, need to take advantage.

Edited by Mattyblue

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Won’t hold my breath.

We can only dream of someone inside the club having inventiveness and forethought!

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yeah, just spotted that, good to see, however it is buried in the standard ‘Back to Live’ article that gets re-posted on the website every few days, you imagine a lot of floating fans won’t pick up on that.

So hopefully they will press the point on the official social media accounts, plus another email and mail shot will go out. Not often we’ve actually got a bit of momentum after the opening day, need to take advantage.

Last night I found the offer all over the site, now it does not seem to be there. Perhaps Waggot has arrived at work, and removed the offer.

On 07/08/2021 at 18:27, chaddyrovers said:

and those 9.400 enjoyed a good home win and hopefully on the back of today we see a few more season tickets sold cos the players played for the shirt and club with Pride, passion and effort. 

Nothing to worry about then. All is well with the world because the team tried and won.

We could win automatic promotion this season and I would still have deep concerns about the direction things are going in crowds and think the club has to take urgent action to reverse this decline.

I thought we had settled at 10,000 season ticket holders ensuring we would always be above that number in this league. Despite Kean, Berg, Appleton and Singh and mid-table football we could rely on those numbers from 2012-16.

What we've seen since 2017 has been a relentless decline. Despite being 'on our way back', investment in the squad, promotion back to the Championship numbers dropped. First down to 8000, now down to 'pushing' 6000.

At any other organisation a decline in 2 years of 25% would be alarming and catastrophic and see action taken. Here what happens? What is being done about it other than shoulder shrugging. It seems many fans are of the view that their continuing attendance makes them true fans whilst those who have stopped aren't.

What happens when Waggott puts prices up again and puts us last on sale again and we have another drop down to 5000 or 4000. How low does it have to go and how quickly before something is done about it?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Nothing to worry about then. All is well with the world because the team tried and won.

Let hope on the back on the first home game and the way we played that we sell more season tickets 

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I thought we had settled at 10,000 season ticket holders ensuring we would always be above that number in this league. Despite Kean, Berg, Appleton and Singh and mid-table football we could rely on those numbers from 2012-16.

What we've seen since 2017 has been a relentless decline. Despite being 'on our way back', investment in the squad, promotion back to the Championship numbers dropped. First down to 8000, now down to 'pushing' 6000.

Every one situation is a different one but Rovers should be engaging with fans who haven't bought a season ticket this season or attend the first game but have bought a season ticket or match day ticket in the last 5 years. 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

We could win automatic promotion this season and I would still have deep concerns about the direction things are going in crowds and think the club has to take urgent action to reverse this decline.

At any other organisation a decline in 2 years of 25% would be alarming and catastrophic and see action taken. Here what happens? What is being done about it other than shoulder shrugging. It seems many fans are of the view that their continuing attendance makes them true fans whilst those who have stopped aren't.

What happens when Waggott puts prices up again and puts us last on sale again and we have another drop down to 5000 or 4000. How low does it have to go and how quickly before something is done about it?

Managed decline - i think someone already brought it up.

They knew crowds were going to take a hit this season for a few reasons  

(although the main one gets brushed under the carpet by too many ) so they shaved 50k+ pwk off the wage bill overnight.  So if questioned by the owners and finance men they just say we've covered the drop.

Armstrongs wages already in the budget so that can get reinvested in loans.

Not as stupid as they look when it comes to downgrading, it's their area of expertise.

'Oh well it's like this Mr B these crowds are what Blackburn always get in the championship no matter what.  Might as well let us cut the cloth, develop youth to sell and save your money in the future unless you can invest 100 mill per season.

By the way we'll be looking to extend mine and the managers contracts soon. We believe we are earning it by saving you all this money and bringing in 10 million pound fees.'

• Like 2

All because West Brom fans can be rinsed, the hope will be that they’ll sell a couple of thousand match tickets at £32… yet any increase in revenue from that will be negated as you’ll put off your own fans from buying them (pissing off that customer base whilst you are at it).

Beggars belief the thought processes down there.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Let’s be honest Rovers leadership team have witnessed the decline in season ticket holders over the years YET they still haven’t done anything to address it. At the same time Rovers fans simply made their mind up no matter  what happens on the pitch. I believe Rovers supporters have a part to play themselves in trying to be positive about the club instead of the doom and gloom merchants pontifical about everything and anything especially when there is no evidence to support their views. If there was a positive thing on Saturday it was the rovers support it was great to be back. I am not saying it’s time to forgive what’s gone on but maybe it is time to simply look forward and support the club and team and then who knows what can be achieved. Backing the team and backing the club doesn’t mean that you have to love maggot or Mowbray the team and club are bigger than them both it’s those players who wear the shirts that matter. Come on guys and girls give it a go get you pals back into the ground and back the team. You know it makes sense

Edited by 1864roverite
  • Like 1

So a few thousand home fans stay away but it's ok because you can squeeze a bit more out of 2 or 3 thousand away fans.

It's beyond stupid the sooner that fat jerk is gone the better, why not just leave it at £25 quid. Get the same as the first home game, maybe a few more if we are doing ok. And get another few away fans on as well.

Thick as pig shit these people i'm sure most of them would be selling cars or on the dole if they hadn't wormed their way into football.

Waggot is killing this club.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

So a few thousand home fans stay away but it's ok because you can squeeze a bit more out of 2 or 3 thousand away fans.

It's beyond stupid the sooner that fat jerk is gone the better, why not just leave it at £25 quid. Get the same as the first home game, maybe a few more if we are doing ok. And get another few away fans on as well.

Thick as pig shit these people i'm sure most of them would be selling cars or on the dole if they hadn't wormed their way into football.

Waggot is killing this club.

They can go on and on about the Pandemic hurting the finances in the last 18 months but charging 32 quid for a championship football game isn't going to entice the wavering fan wondering if they should get a ticket or not.

People having to be more wary about what they spend their money on these daysand they are not going to shell out that much for a couple of hours entertainment,By the time Venky's come to realise how shit Wagott is at his job and bin him you hope we still have a fanbase left to attract back to Ewood.

• Like 1

I also seem to remember that the last time we went to West Brom they were very reasonable with their prices and charged something like £20 for adult away fans. A very fair and reasonable price and something that should be applauded and reciprocated.

We repay the favour with these disgusting prices. If I was running West Brom I would be making a note of this and ensuring that when we go to The Hawthorns that away fans pay £32 like they are at Ewood.

Waggott won't care about that of course because he's on the complimentaries anyway. I bet he hasn't paid a penny into football or tickets in years. His excuse will be 'parachute cash' blah blah blah yet Reading are another lot who offer sensible prices -- no parachute cash there cocker.

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

You break the £30 barrier and it psychologically turns off a good percentage of fans, home or away.

As an aside, the Waggott tax and the 1875 club seem to have bitten the dust…

It's the principle of it that turns a lot off.

To go from £25 to £32 and the only difference is it's West frigging Brom.  No insults intended towards them but they'll probably feel the same about us. They'll bring two or three times what Swansea brought obviously but it's not as it they'll be selling out the end.

So they fleece a few more quid out of those who turn up but probably put a few more off coming anyway. Then loads of home fans will swerve it so it renders it pointless.

There'll probably be 7.5k home fans and maybe c 3k away fans so Waggot can still present it to India as a 10 thousand 'home' crowd again. 'Good turnout again Mr balaji given the circumstances. Standard Blackburn crowd again'

Idiots.

• Like 1

• Backroom
8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Let’s hope folk buy a season ticket because you can wave goodbye to many walk ons if half the games are going to be priced like this (top notch proofreading prior to publication too!) …

853C1182-2607-4E4F-A9D4-A70240E90C75.png

A real shame that the Swansea game didn’t count in the end 😞

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tom said:

A real shame that the Swansea game didn’t count in the end 😞

To be fair it is our first game against West Brom this season...

14 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

You break the £30 barrier and it psychologically turns off a good percentage of fans, home or away.

As an aside, the Waggott tax and the 1875 club seem to have bitten the dust…

Looks like they have just thrown the Waggott tax plus more on top of the original match day prices to me.

Wasn't it something like this that the Fans Forum wanted instead of charging an extra £3 after 12pm?

Got there wish by the looks of it.

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

To be fair it is our first game against West Brom this season...

Looks like they have just thrown the Waggott tax plus more on top of the original match day prices to me.

Wasn't it something like this that the Fans Forum wanted instead of charging an extra £3 after 12pm?

Got there wish by the looks of it.

????? I think one of the comments at a meeting was to maybe reverse the charge i.e knock £3 off the price if you buy in advance rather than adding it on before kick-off. Right now that would be a sensible move, although still in my view the prices would be too high.