BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

15 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

A lot depends on how Dike gets on.

Completely. If they were half as clinical as we have been, let alone Fulham, then they would at least be up there at the top along with us and the other two, if not a little in front of us. 

Dike delivering the same as he did for Ismael at Barnsley and they could easily still challenge the automatics. 

Take away this highly unexpected season, and as this past decade has been spent almost entirely in this division, has it been particularly enjoyable when we are usually treading water between about 12th and 19th?

I’d much rather be 12th in the PL…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

There does seem to be a few clubs in red hot form below us. Their form just happened to start a little later than ours did. We've a tough run coming up. I can see the gap we've created being narrowed relatively quickly if we stall. 

I'm surprised that Qpr keep on winning. A lot have been them snatching late winners, but they do look to be a real team rather than depending on any one individual. They look fairly comparable to us.

The rest of January feels hugely important. Keep the momentum for now as the current bunch need some reinforcements 

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Take away this highly unexpected season and has this past decade spent almost entirely in this division been particularly enjoyable when we are usually treading water between about 12th and 19th?

I’d much rather be 12th in the PL…

Agreed. It's one of the most exciting leagues in the world, but I'd rather be crap in the Prem than crap in the Champ.

We’ve all complained for years about Mowbray chopping and changing the team and our way of playing over years.  At last we now have a settled system. The down side of that is guys playing every game can get jaded, especially in this division with 46 games. It can be very demanding on players in the “engine room” of the team. We could do with somebody to give Travis, Rothwell, Buckley a break now and again.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We’ve all complained for years about Mowbray chopping and changing the team and our way of playing over years.  At last we now have a settled system. The down side of that is guys playing every game can get jaded, especially in this division with 46 games. It can be very demanding on players in the “engine room” of the team. We could do with somebody to give Travis, Rothwell, Buckley a break now and again.

Agreed. I’m not against signing this O’Riley lad from MK Dons - he looks a fantastic talent. But for me we need a 3-4 years younger Bradley Johnson to compete with our midfield options - particularly Travis. A ‘man’ who ideally has experience of getting out of this league. We have a very young side who will very likely need some help on the field as the games go on and the tension really kicks in.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

There does seem to be a few clubs in red hot form below us. Their form just happened to start a little later than ours did. We've a tough run coming up. I can see the gap we've created being narrowed relatively quickly if we stall. 

I'm surprised that Qpr keep on winning. A lot have been them snatching late winners, but they do look to be a real team rather than depending on any one individual. They look fairly comparable to us.

The rest of January feels hugely important. Keep the momentum for now as the current bunch need some reinforcements 

Not really. Over the last 5 games Boro and Derby have the same record as us - 4 wins and a draw. Derby's good run will be good for us if they beat the odd rival. Sheffield United were in that category with 4 wins in a row until Derby beat them on Saturday. QPR have 3 in a row but 2 defeats before that.

21 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Link to the 538 final table prediction here:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/championship/

It would certainly make that Rovers v Bournemouth penultimate match of the season a real treat. £10 a ticket and chuck their fans in the upper tier of the Darwen!

79 feels like a realistic total, but it's only achieved automatics twice since this division became 'The Championship'.