BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

Bmout with a truly awful first half againt Non-league Boreham in the FA Cup. Trailing 0-1 and had their first attempt in the 45th minute (pot shot outside goal). Looks like money can't buy confidence. Wonder how long Parker will last if this continues.

3 minutes ago, briansol said:

Bmout with a truly awful first half againt Non-league Boreham in the FA Cup. Trailing 0-1 and had their first attempt in the 45th minute (pot shot outside goal). Looks like money can't buy confidence. Wonder how long Parker will last if this continues.

I hope they don't sack him,the best chance we have of finishing above them is if Parker lasts all season as manager.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Darrenbot said:

I hope they don't sack him,the best chance we have of finishing above them is if Parker lasts all season as manager.

Indeed. Unfortunately he is showing he has the tactical acumen of a glass of water. Mind you at least said media darling is being shown for what he is. 

3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Swansea were dog sh*t before playing us and are dog sh*t after playing us too. An appalling result and performance. We simply have to bounce back tomorrow.

As an aside, Fulham will have the league wrapped up by Easter.

the hull and swansea games were back to the bad old days of tony`s possesion based ****,we did`nt play with any tempo or purpose,you can guarantee stoke ripped into swansea tonight,we need similar tommorow night

• Like 2

To be honest I think this is one of the toughest championships in a while. Not because the quality is stunning but because there's a lot of in form teams out there. Boro and Forests new managers have got them firing on all cylinders and seem great fits for the club. QPR seem relentless. Bournemouth have a ton of money and talent if not a manager of quality. Huddersfield seem to be going under the radar. WBA have a good team and now a manager with proven record in this division. That's a lot of teams fighting for second and the playoffs and not even counting surges from the likes of Luton and anyone else. It's tough at the top and there's no room for error at the moment, which is really hurting us. 

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

To be honest I think this is one of the toughest championships in a while. Not because the quality is stunning but because there's a lot of in form teams out there. Boro and Forests new managers have got them firing on all cylinders and seem great fits for the club. QPR seem relentless. Bournemouth have a ton of money and talent if not a manager of quality. Huddersfield seem to be going under the radar. WBA have a good team and now a manager with proven record in this division. That's a lot of teams fighting for second and the playoffs and not even counting surges from the likes of Luton and anyone else. It's tough at the top and there's no room for error at the moment, which is really hurting us. 

Can't agree...Huddersfield are total shite and they are about 5th...its a poor league but Mogadon needed to strengthen in Jan...he brought in 2 unknowns and they've turned out to be poor and destabilising.....poor transfers....

We will just miss out but he'll get a new deal 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Can't agree...Huddersfield are total shite and they are about 5th...its a poor league but Mogadon needed to strengthen in Jan...he brought in 2 unknowns and they've turned out to be poor and destabilising.....poor transfers....

We will just miss out but he'll get a new deal 

There should be no question of him getting a new deal.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There should be no question of him getting a new deal.

I expect he will get one if he wants one simply because it will be the easy and obvious thing to do. I don't think this lot have a managerial search in them.

I think and hope there will be more to it than offering him a new deal based on November-January and doing better than expected.

I'm concerned by Mowbray's revelation in January that he wanted to sell Rothwell to Bournemouth to generate funds to rebuild but the owners refused to allow that and as a result he is going to leave for nothing leaving us with little/no money to spend.

We are already facing a mass exodus of talent in the summer and Mowbray has to take some responsibility for that. If the owners won't back his judgment in January and won't sanction spending and won't allow wages for new contracts then what is the point?

Edited by JHRover

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

I expect he will get one if he wants one simply because it will be the easy and obvious thing to do. I don't think this lot have a managerial search in them.

I think and hope there will be more to it than offering him a new deal based on November-January and doing better than expected.

I'm concerned by Mowbray's revelation in January that he wanted to sell Rothwell to Bournemouth to generate funds to rebuild but the owners refused to allow that and as a result he is going to leave for nothing leaving us with little/no money to spend.

We are already facing a mass exodus of talent in the summer and Mowbray has to take some responsibility for that. If the owners won't back his judgment in January and won't sanction spending and won't allow wages for new contracts then what is the point?

They should have let him sell Rothwell, I totally agree 

Another incompetent championship ref in the Huddersfield v Sheff U game.Hud had a goal disallowed after a Sheff U defender pulled Ward over in the box and he fell into the goalkeeper,It should have been a a goal or a penalty to Hudd and instead he gave a free kick to Sheff U.The standard of refs in the game these days is probably the worst i can remember.

I’ve never been one to go on about refs, I always saw it as you win some, you lose some with decisions, the famous ‘even each other out over a season’, I thought it sour grapes to blame officials after defeats.

However, I agree, this season the standard has noticeably declined, abysmal game after game.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Another incompetent championship ref in the Huddersfield v Sheff U game.Hud had a goal disallowed after a Sheff U defender pulled Ward over in the box and he fell into the goalkeeper,It should have been a a goal or a penalty to Hudd and instead he gave a free kick to Sheff U.The standard of refs in the game these days is probably the worst i can remember.

I’ve only just seen a clip on twitter and haven’t heard any commentary or opinion. But if it’s not a foul (which Im not sure it is), then surely it has to be disallowed for offside.

edit - Although apparently he doesn’t give that either

Edited by Hasta

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

It's a big day for us today as we hope the teams in and around us drop points. It's a good start with Huddersfield and Sheffield United drawing. 

Lets hope the wind and rain are wipping up off the sea in Blackpool and the millionaires of Bournemouth aren't up for it.