BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

Biggest concern with this is our match there in 10 days. If they get a proper manager in before then it suddenly makes that game a hell of a lot tougher. Flip side is if they go with an interim they might struggle.

We should have enough of a lead - we need to do our 2 points a game and they'd struggle to overtake us with Guardiola in charge.

• Like 2

Well they tried a newish face in Ismael but that didn't work out too well...

Interesting to note that many of the managers who lots of us were touting as worthy replacements for TM in the summer (Hughton, Ismael, McCarthy, Jokanovic, Karanka  Johnson, Cook) are all polishing up their CVs...

Football eh?! 🤣

• Like 3

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bad news about Ismael getting the chop but the good news is I'm not sure Bruce is the man to get them motoring straight away. He seemed to get very stale and jaded at Newcastle.

Wasn't so long ago some of us were willing to swap him for Tony.

I'll hold my hands up and admit i was.

Now he's gone to a rival though, i fully agree with you, he's absolute bobbins. 😂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They’ve been playing 10 men from the 3 rd minute.

Have the refs got it in for Derby?  I haven't seen the incident but to have to play with ten from the 3rd minute is some task. Everything seems to be weighted against them. I don't particularly like them as a club but I really feel sorry for them and their supporters.

Huddersfield are irritating. Aren't they something like 11 unbeaten now? They never seem to play anyone decent or in form either. 

I see Sheffield United now have 4 games in hand on them and 3 games in hand on us. They should have been forced to play one of those last night and then they are on Sky on Friday v Birmingham. Instead they only play Friday then again next week. Seems the League are happy to let them fit them in whenever is best for them rather than making them play them asap to catch up.

• Like 2

Even though others below us are winning games, Bournemouth are the ones I want Rovers to be gunning for. The antics of that club over the past few days has added extra spice to the rest of this season and I quite like that. We've had plenty of bland seasons with PNE as the only game with an 'edge'. This time we're really fighting for something and Bournemouth know it. Bring it on, I say.

I wasn't all that fussed about them up until Saturday, but their behaviour since then has got me going into Keegan mode.

Clearly rattled, they try to unsettle Rothwell and our squad. They go on a spending spree to try and blow us out of the automatic race. Then to top it off they beat us to Dembele. The pressure is on Parker and I'm going to enjoy watching them drop points. Just hope we can keep applying the pressure, a win on Saturday would be a big help in that regard.

I'm also loving the fact that 6 out of our next 7 are on Sky, there should be more to come later on too, you'd think. It's going to be nervy and exciting to watch it all unfold. COYB.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Even though others below us are winning games, Bournemouth are the ones I want Rovers to be gunning for. The antics of that club over the past few days has added extra spice to the rest of this season and I quite like that. We've had plenty of bland seasons with PNE as the only game with an 'edge'. This time we're really fighting for something and Bournemouth know it. Bring it on, I say.

I wasn't all that fussed about them up until Saturday, but their behaviour since then has got me going into Keegan mode.

Clearly rattled, they try to unsettle Rothwell and our squad. They go on a spending spree to try and blow us out of the automatic race. Then to top it off they beat us to Dembele. The pressure is on Parker and I'm going to enjoy watching them drop points. Just hope we can keep applying the pressure, a win on Saturday would be a big help in that regard.

I'm also loving the fact that 6 out of our next 7 are on Sky, there should be more to come later on too, you'd think. It's going to be nervy and exciting to watch it all unfold. COYB.

Fully agree, Bournemouth have gone from an irrelevant team I couldn't give a shite about to me despising them in a few weeks! 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

I agree with all that apart from the last para.

Whilst I like to watch as many games as possible and can't get to away games due to family commitments, our record on Sky is rubbish & I'm sure all the random KO times mess with travel & pre match prep routines for the squad, and the fans.

And the club loses matchday revenue on the home games; dunno how that stacks up against the match fee sky pays, but still... I'd prefer bums on seat at Ewood & a more buoyant atmosphere to being watched on TV, I'm sure the players would to.

All that said, it's a good dilemma to have!

All thise below us are having really good runs, we need to keep the foot on the pedal.  We know what we need to do, we know the tools we have at our disposal to get it done.  We need to pull together, club, staff, players and fans.  Give it "a right good go".

The form our rivals are in means if we slip even a kittle bit we could see ourselves drop out if the playoff picture pretty quickly.

Can Bruce get a tune out if the Baggies?  I am sure he will have them harder to beat but here's hoping for a Valentines day massacre.

Bruce has brought in his two assistants, Steve Clemence and Steve Agnew. Also his son, Alex Bruce.

Same group that has failed at Birmingham, Hull and Newcastle. Oh well. Let's see what happens.

Probably new manager bounce against us.

Bruce is an excellent Championship manager.

2X automatic promotions at Birmingham

2X promotions with Hull

1X play off final with Villa

In a few months turned Sheff Wed around from struggling to top half

Very sensible appointment for WBA and makes our job that bit harder. With an 8 point cushion it is in our hands though and if we maintain 2 points a game for the final third of the season there's nothing they can do about it.

• Like 3