BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

all these games being called off are involving London clubs

That reflects that the Omicron situation is currently at its worst in the south east. Within a few days I would expect more problems further north. Maybe not soon enough to affect Rovers game on Saturday.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, only2garners said:

That reflects that the Omicron situation is currently at its worst in the south east. Within a few days I would expect more problems further north. Maybe not soon enough to affect Rovers game on Saturday.

Well clearly the players haven't been sensible then. To say they get test weekly don't they?

I think we can all agree that with a few honourable exceptions professional footballers are not the sharpest tools in the box. Aubameyang is just the latest example. But they can’t all be blamed for catching Covid right now. If it was all about them the instances would be spread more around the country. The omicron variant is fuelling huge numbers of cases in the south east right now but it hasn’t yet reached the same levels up here. It will in the next few days and then we will start to see postponements elsewhere.

There could also be some clubs being comfortable with postponing a game on what is traditionally one of the worst dates for attendances, coupled with the fact that many casual fans might be put off attending right now.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well clearly the players haven't been sensible then. To say they get test weekly don't they?

The virus is so rife at the moment that it is particularly difficult to avoid it even with following various precautions. When you go on Saturday you are at high risk but of course you appreciate that there is a big chance of contracting it and go knowing that and willing to take the risk. There is no way to reduce the risk to zero so to suggest that it is purely down to "not being sensible" is very naive.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The virus is so rife at the moment that it is particularly difficult to avoid it even with following various precautions. When you go on Saturday you are at high risk but of course you appreciate that there is a big chance of contracting it and go knowing that and willing to take the risk. There is no way to reduce the risk to zero so to suggest that it is purely down to "not being sensible" is very naive.

well that's your opinion that it is high risk to attend on Saturday but in my opinion no more risk than attending a supermarket or going into a pub or town centre shop. 

I disagree there is big chance of contracting it aswell by attending Ewood Park. 

So I take it you won't be attending Saturday game or any game over the Christmas Period even tho You keep saying we have to learn to live a normal life and not let it affect our daily activities 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:

EFL clubs beg Football League to introduce mandatory tests for Covid NOW | Daily Mail Online

Sounds to me like the twice a week testing at clubs had been stopped long  time ago. 

More testing ..more postponements looming. Can see a break in the league schedule anytime soon.

It could end up quite tricky this, as we have an early start next year, due to the break for the world cup, so a break in the games, could end up meaning a cancelled season.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lraC said:

It could end up quite tricky this, as we have an early start next year, due to the break for the world cup, so a break in the games, could end up meaning a cancelled season.

That is a really good point and a glut of postponements, lockdowns etc could impinge on this season and next. The blazers domestically and internationally will be petrified of the already tight schedule being disrupted. Once again though their prime consideration will be financial.

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course there is a big chance of catching it, this variant may be milder, bloody hope so, but it is massively transmissible. So it is obviously ‘high risk’ of catching the thing, even if it’s mild.

depends on your opinion but if you follow sensible advice then you are less likely to get this variant given thats you are sit outside. From my own point, given that's this is the only social event I do now I am more than happy to attend the game and support my Rovers team

1 hour ago, lraC said:

The season won't be cancelled at all. Please stop over reacting to this and we need to live our lives as normal as possible including attending football matches 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

depends on your opinion but if you follow sensible advice then you are less likely to get this variant given thats you are sit outside. From my own point, given that's this is the only social event I do now I am more than happy to attend the game and support my Rovers team

Well it isn’t ‘my opinion’ that it’s far more transmissible, it’s ripping through the country. But as I assume you now live your life in a big sealed plastic bubble, you won’t be impacted…

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Well it isn’t ‘my opinion’ that it’s far more transmissible, it’s ripping through the country. But as I assume you now live your life in a big sealed plastic bubble, you won’t be impacted…

No I live my life through being sensible and making the right decision at the time. But we can't keep running scared or keep worrying over these variants. We have to live with these virus and variants unless we keep shutting down the country every time. 

I’m not getting into it the lockdown element (I don’t do politics on this place, long stopped going over to the badlands that are the ICBINF news/politics threads) one way or the other, it’s just interesting that you are so uniquely careful and sensible that you can somehow avoid a highly transmissible virus 😁

Edited by Mattyblue

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

well that's your opinion that it is high risk to attend on Saturday but in my opinion no more risk than attending a supermarket or going into a pub or town centre shop. 

I disagree there is big chance of contracting it aswell by attending Ewood Park. 

So I take it you won't be attending Saturday game or any game over the Christmas Period even tho You keep saying we have to learn to live a normal life and not let it affect our daily activities 

It isn't my opinion that it is high risk to attend on Saturday, it is a fact that Covid at the moment is as infectious as it has ever been, the numbers of infections prove that, and going somewhere with thousands of other people (even if you do wear a snood!) is putting yourself at large risk of catching it.

I will be attending on Saturday which will be the first day out of my current isolation having recently had Covid. Although I would have attended even if I had not recently had Covid, as I somewhat agree with your stance seeing as covid will be around indefinitely so I don't think it is possible to spend our lives hiding behind the settee.

That being said, I have not got my head in the sand like you thinking that attending a football match doesn't carry a very high risk of infection, and I also fear an inevitable lockdown imminently as much as I wouldn't agree with it.

I’m not getting into it the lockdown element (I don’t do politics on this place, long stopped going over to the badlands that are the ICBINF news/politics threads) one way or the other,

very wise decision and one I now following

it’s just interesting that you are so uniquely careful and sensible that you can somehow avoid a highly transmissible virus 😁

I am careful and sensible person in general but I believe in people liability, freedom and the ability for people to make their own choices 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It isn't my opinion that it is high risk to attend on Saturday, it is a fact that Covid at the moment is as infectious as it has ever been, the numbers of infections prove that, and going somewhere with thousands of other people (even if you do wear a snood!) is putting yourself at large risk of catching it.

I will be attending on Saturday which will be the first day out of my current isolation having recently had Covid. Although I would have attended even if I had not recently had Covid, as I somewhat agree with your stance seeing as covid will be around indefinitely so I don't think it is possible to spend our lives hiding behind the settee.

That being said, I have not got my head in the sand like you thinking that attending a football match doesn't carry a very high risk of infection, and I also fear an inevitable lockdown imminently as much as I wouldn't agree with it.

Well like I said we are outside watching a game of football and other protections people will have in place. I won't be using the concourse at all or spending any time there. 

I see attending a game of football no more dangerous than having a shopping trip around Manchester town centre/Christmas markets or going to the cinema to watch a film. So do lockdown again and block people from everyday like events? And I don't think we will have any more lockdowns or circuit breaks. We have to live with the virus and lead as normal life as possible 

Given thats I don't do anything social apart from attending football now

• Like 1

Of course, going to the football carries a risk.

I'm with Chaddy on this, though. The risk is one which can be mitigated to a degree by following guidelines and being sensible.

Chris Whitty talked last night about making personal choices based on priority. My situation is that I work from home all day, every day and for me going to the Rovers and being outside is important for my general well being (as long as we're winning 🙂). So, unless we're advised otherwise, I'll priortise going to the Rovers over other activities which may be equally as risky.

I totally respect that others' priorites may well be different. There's no right or wrong here.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Well like I said we are outside watching a game of football and other protections people will have in place. I won't be using the concourse at all or spending any time there. 

I see attending a game of football no more dangerous than having a shopping trip around Manchester town centre/Christmas markets or going to the cinema to watch a film. So do lockdown again and block people from everyday like events? And I don't think we will have any more lockdowns or circuit breaks. We have to live with the virus and lead as normal life as possible 

Given thats I don't do anything social apart from attending football now

Like I said, I share some elements of your current attitude towards covid and a potential lockdown. But attending Rovers puts you at high risk, not staying long on the concourses and wearing a mask may slightly reduce that risk but only slightly. Going to an event with thousands of people will put you at risk no matter what else you do. You will still need to pass through people in the concourses and then in the stands to get to your seat, you may need to use the toilet, and you will be surrounded by people in your seat. Yes being outside may be slightly less risky than if it was indoors, but loads of people around you, maybe even singing and shouting as the game unfolds, increases the risk.

A shopping trip would also be risky, any social event will put you at big risk of catching covid considering how rife it is at the moment. The question is whether you consider the reward of attending these things to be worth the high risk of contracting covid, which would mean you had it at Christmas. 

I also think the crowd will be massively down. Many people will have either tested positive or go with people who have tested positive. Some wont bother with the certification requests, and many wont want to take the risk.

I also think a lockdown is inevitable. Wouldnt agree with it but its coming sadly.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

The season won't be cancelled at all. Please stop over reacting to this and we need to live our lives as normal as possible including attending football matches 

I’m sure that was the opinion of plenty the season before last, yet if we are to believe the experts, this new variant is far more contagious. I don’t think it’s me overreacting to be honest, that’s not my mindset.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But attending Rovers puts you at high risk, not staying long on the concourses and wearing a mask may slightly reduce that risk but only slightly. Going to an event with thousands of people will put you at risk no matter what else you do. You will still need to pass through people in the concourses and then in the stands to get to your seat, you may need to use the toilet, and you will be surrounded by people in your seat. Yes being outside may be slightly less risky than if it was indoors, but loads of people around you, maybe even singing and shouting as the game unfolds, increases the risk.

Being outside reduce the risk massively as we are sit outside watching the game. Whitty has advised meeting people outside cos its massive reduces the risk. 

If you get there early which I do there is barely anyone there at that time so yet again reduce risk. Wearing Snood and scarf walking through the concourses and going to the toilet reduces the risk yet again. 

I am not going to keep scared of getting the virus if you want to keep over panicking everytime we get a new variant then thats your choice But I have made my choice and I wont be changing it

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The question is whether you consider the reward of attending these things to be worth the high risk of contracting covid, which would mean you had it at Christmas. 

I am not going to worry or stop doing normal life things for this virus

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I also think the crowd will be massively down.

People will make they own decisions for themselves

• Like 2