BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Clearly talks between PNE and Lowe happened before the sacking happened. 

Looks like it. Plymouth were at Rochdale at the weekend. Still pretty impressive recruitment though. Makes me wonder what have happened if Preston would have scored from the pen they should have had and got a 1-1 draw

Don’t know, they have often moved quite quickly for managers, Lambert and a whole new coaching staff were in post very quickly after Bowyer.

Mowbray was in a day after Coyle was potted. 

And of course he who must not be named didn’t hang about to get in Sam’s chair.

Now you may not particularly rate said appointees, but there’s obviously folk greasing the wheels down there when it comes to manager appointments…

Edited by Mattyblue

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Looks like it. Plymouth were at Rochdale at the weekend. Still pretty impressive recruitment though. Makes me wonder what have happened if Preston would have scored from the pen they should have had and got a 1-1 draw

Yes I know Lowe's Plymouth was at Rochdale on Sunday as I watched the game. 

41 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I take my hat off to them. We used to be able to move that quickly in the transfer market etc once upon a time. Now by time the carrier pigeon has flown to Pune it’s normally too late.

Mowbray and Lambert were appointed quickly after Coyle and Bowyer sacking. 

Mowbray was appointed the day after Coyle after holding talks with Pau; Senior to replace him. Senior once told me the reasons why he appointed Mowbray. 

Lambert was appointed a week after Bowyer was sacked but he was in talks before the sacking happened

Yes Berg and Appleton appointments took their team cos Eric Black had 6 games as caretaker manager before Berg appointment and Bowyer had 4 games in charge as caretaker manager before Appleton appointment. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

imo, Preston's shortlist is between Ryan Lowe, Callum Davidson and Graham Alexander. 

How come you are pointing to these who are currently employed by other clubs, Chaddy? When we were discussing possible replacements for Mowbray and I listed a few you said of some, "Not available" simply because they were employed elsewhere.

22 minutes ago, bazza said:

How come you are pointing to these who are currently employed by other clubs, Chaddy? 

Well I read last night that Preston main target was employed by another club so I used that info to form a shortlist aswell as Lowe is from the North West plus Davidson and Alexander are former PNE players and doing well in Scotland 

22 minutes ago, bazza said:

When we were discussing possible replacements for Mowbray and I listed a few you said of some, "Not available" simply because they were employed elsewhere.

Well given that 2 out of my 5 potential next manager shortlist I posted are employed by clubs. 

Maybe I said not available cos they just signed a new long term contract like Neil Critchley has Blackpool for example 

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The qpr match is set to be called off due to covid outbreak.

United have had a few positives as have Aston Villa.

I think there'll be quite a few more postponements due to Covid in the weeks to come. It's only going to get worse before it gets better.

• Like 1

So a Bournmouth side in poor form is now away to Middlesbrough who are resurgant at the moment. Similarly, Fulham who has not been at their best is now against Sheff Utd at home, another side that is storming up the table. 

West Brom surely have the points in the bag against Barnsely, but should we win this and others drop some points - the season could start to get interesting. 

17 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I’ve nothing of substance to really add . I just wanted to say I’m so excited and enjoying football in a way I thought I’d never feel again. I thought my youthful ignorance coupled with the good times was the pinnacle. With age, getting older and wiser plus the decade we’ve had , I assumed that my truly passionate days were done and I would just enjoy the football as a pastime but I’m just delighted to be able to feel truly passionate again. I’m counting down the days to the next game, I’m giddy and nervous pre match. I’m feeding off the positive energy in and around ewood and I’m proud of all the young lads who put 100%  every week regardless of anything else.  I’m happy again. Merry Xmas everyone 🎅

I feel like this comment will have resonated with a lot of Rovers fans. Well said buddy!

• Like 1