BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

1 minute ago, lraC said:

I’m sure that was the opinion of plenty the season before last, yet if we are to believe the experts, this new variant is far more contagious. I don’t think it’s me overreacting to be honest, that’s not my mindset.

but less inflectious leading to less hospitalisation and deaths

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Being outside reduce the risk massively as we are sit outside watching the game. Whitty has advised meeting people outside cos its massive reduces the risk. 

If you get there early which I do there is barely anyone there at that time so yet again reduce risk. Wearing Snood and scarf walking through the concourses and going to the toilet reduces the risk yet again. 

I am not going to keep scared of getting the virus if you want to keep over panicking everytime we get a new variant then thats your choice But I have made my choice and I wont be changing it

I am not going to worry or stop doing normal life things for this virus

People will make they own decisions for themselves

I keep saying that I share your stance on attitudes towards covid, albeit without the same level of naivety it seems. Why that brings you to the conclusion that I am "panicking" suggests that as usual, you are not reading what I am putting.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

At the current rate of growth 11 MILLION people will be infected by Christmas Eve.

If just a fraction of those end up in hospital (which they will), the NHS will buckle under the strain

Going to football matches isn't necessary

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lraC said:

I’m sure that was the opinion of plenty the season before last, yet if we are to believe the experts, this new variant is far more contagious. I don’t think it’s me overreacting to be honest, that’s not my mindset.

Far more contagious, does not mean more dangerous.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Despite that, with so many players having caught it, we have seen games call d off this week and one of the premier league managers, suggesting all this weekend’s fixtures be postponed. 

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That’s not a fact Chaddy, as I have already pointed out. It might be but the scientific evidence so far is not there and probably won’t be until the New Year, by which time millions will have been infected. And even if it is less severe than previous variants the fact that hugely more people will be infected means that there could still be more hospitalisation and deaths.

Surely getting t9 the ground early just increases your chances of interaction with others?

26 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

At the current rate of growth 11 MILLION people will be infected by Christmas Eve.

If just a fraction of those end up in hospital (which they will), the NHS will buckle under the strain

And what if its doesn't reach 11 million people but you keep mentioning these figures to keep making people stop doing everything and you want people to lock up in their homes again. 

I am going Football on Saturday Jim. You don't want to fine by me

7 minutes ago, only2garners said:

That’s not a fact Chaddy, as I have already pointed out. It might be but the scientific evidence so far is not there and probably won’t be until the New Year, by which time millions will have been infected. And even if it is less severe than previous variants the fact that hugely more people will be infected means that there could still be more hospitalisation and deaths.

That's is what is coming out of South Africa. 

8 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Surely getting t9 the ground early just increases your chances of interaction with others?

Why does it? Given I won't be standing around in the concourses or going to any pubs or Rovers bar but sitting in my seat from around 2pm. I will be chatting with people I'm attending outside and in my allocated seat.

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I keep saying that I share your stance on attitudes towards covid, albeit without the same level of naivety it seems. Why that brings you to the conclusion that I am "panicking" suggests that as usual, you are not reading what I am putting.

No one is being naive at all but I aint going to keep panicking over this variant and suggest we should living our normal daily lives. 

• Moderation Lead
14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And what if its doesn't reach 11 million people but you keep mentioning these figures to keep making people stop doing everything and you want people to lock up in their homes again. 

I am going Football on Saturday Jim. You don't want to fine by me

That's is what is coming out of South Africa. 

Why does it? Given I won't be standing around in the concourses or going to any pubs or Rovers bar but sitting in my seat from around 2pm. I will be chatting with people I'm attending outside and in my allocated seat.

The bit in bold- I’ve mentioned this to you several times before. Please can you stop assuming that because people have a different view to yourself that this is what they want? As life definitely isn’t that simple.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, only2garners said:

It's pretty obvious that when organisations like the WHO say "they cannot conclude" whether or not the new variant is more or less serious than the existing variants it's actually less serious as if there was the slightest possibility the opposite were the case they'd be predicting the end of times.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

The bit in bold- I’ve mentioned this to you several times before. Please can you stop assuming that because people have a different view to yourself that this is what they want? As life definitely isn’t that simple.

Fair enough but maybe people need to stop scaremongering with these figures which mind never happen

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

However, it's up to chaddy to do what he wants, as long as remains within the regulations at any particular time. It's absolutely nothing to do with anyone else and people should stop picking on him for exercising that choice.

If people aren't comfortable with the situation they're quite at liberty to exercise their own choice and stay at home quite frankly.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fair enough but maybe people need to stop scaremongering with these figures which mind never happen

Never have the words "might" and "could" received so much overuse.

Can't believe some fans seem to be encouraging others not to attend matches.

Thought these young lads needed all our support?

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

However, it's up to chaddy to do what he wants, as long as remains within the regulations at any particular time. It's absolutely nothing to do with anyone else and people should stop picking on him for exercising that choice.

If people aren't comfortable with the situation they're quite at liberty to exercise their own choice and stay at home quite frankly.

I never said it wasn’t up to him and I agree it’s his choice. This however, is about not assuming that everyone wants to be locked up forever, if they favour a more cautious approach.

For what it’s worth, I’m going to be attending matches and events like normal as long as I’m allowed to!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Never have the words "might" and "could" received so much overuse.

Simple maths Rev

At the current rate of growth and Omicron keeps this doubling every 2 days, you get to 11 million people infected in the UK by Christmas Day and the entire country on New Year’s Eve.

Now that isn't sensible and growth is bound to slow but regardless of the numbers, it’s quite clear that this wave is going to be huge. Millions are going to catch this over the next few weeks and months and this is going to cause huge disruption to the economy and people's lives and livelihoods.

Would I love to go to Ewood on Saturday? Yes, I would. Do I think it's sensible and the right thing do? No I don't. 

Edited by jim mk2

10 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Simple maths Rev

At the current rate of growth and Omicron keeps this doubling every 2 days, you get to 11 million people infected in the UK by Christmas Day and the entire country on New Year’s Eve.

Now that isn't sensible and growth is bound to slow but regardless of the numbers, it’s quite clear that this wave is going to be huge. Millions are going to catch this over the next few weeks and months and this is going to cause huge disruption to the economy and people's lives and livelihoods.

Would I love to go to Ewood on Saturday? Yes, I would. Do I think it's sensible and the right thing do? No I don't. 

Lockdown or severe restrictions  would also cause huge disruption to the economy and people's lives and livelihoods.

I know not everyone will agree but the best thinhg that could happen for me is if this new strain does have less serious symptoms and sweeps rapidly through the population eradicating the nastier strains.

A bit of herd immunity at last.

Apologies if we're taking the thread off topic. As regards the Championship season if the current variant is particularly infectious I suppose we will have to expect some inevitable disruption but I'd say incidents should be dealt with on a case by case basis rather than by means of an enforced break again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Leaving my front door isn't necessary. Going to Tesco isn't necessary. Walking to the local shop to get a bottle of milk isn't necessary...

Should we not be doing those things too?

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Buying food isn't necessary? 

I can but it online and get it delivered; therefore it's not necessary to leave the house to do it.

The point is, what is 'necessary' is a subjective thing. What might not be necessary to you, may well be necessary to others.

Like anything in life, it's all about personal choice of what people do and the risks they take.

• Like 3