BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

7 hours ago, bazza said:

Everyone presumes we will beat Hull and Barnsley. I hope we do but I've followed Rovers for far too long for presumptions.

Can't help my pessimism.

I sense over confidence amongst many supporters too. The most important thing however is that the players don't fall into this trap and situations like this are when good managers can earn their corn. My inherent worry is that a game goes awry and Mowbray reverts to type by making unnecessary changes to the team and shape.

• Like 7

But we all now know that this squad has guts, spirit & fight in them, given the Fulham match & the first 2 mins v Sheff Utd. That's what gives me REAL hope that we can achieve something special this season.

Agree re the dangers of over confidence though. Just focus on ourselves, match by match.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

But we all now know that this squad has guts, spirit & fight in them, given the Fulham match & the first 2 mins v Sheff Utd. That's what gives me REAL hope that we can achieve something special this season.

Agree re the dangers of over confidence though. Just focus on ourselves, match by match.

Luton and Coventry at home, Huddersfield and Blackpool away are stark reminders to me what can go wrong. I don't believe I'm negative but more of a pragmatist. However you are correct, one game at a time (Sweet Jesus).

28 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Luton and Coventry at home, Huddersfield and Blackpool away are stark reminders to me what can go wrong. I don't believe I'm negative but more of a pragmatist. However you are correct, one game at a time (Sweet Jesus).

Well this next few games could tell us a lot then, as we play Luton & Hudds in the next 4, all of which are eminently winnable & could really consolidate a play off spot at least; what progress that would be.

I'd like to think that the confidence gained from the response to the Fulham embarrassment outweighs those other disappointments, but we'll see; confidence is a fragile thing...

6 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

Well this next few games could tell us a lot then, as we play Luton & Hudds in the next 4, all of which are eminently winnable & could really consolidate a play off spot at least; what progress that would be.

I'd like to think that the confidence gained from the response to the Fulham embarrassment outweighs those other disappointments, but we'll see; confidence is a fragile thing...

These games still make me nervous. Knowing us, games we should be winning, we would normally have lost in the past.  So im hoping that with our recent run of form, that we have learned to treat these games seriously. 

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Good performance by Middlesbrough today. Wilder seems to have turned them round pretty well.

I thought Middlesbrough were pretty average today. They had a huge percentage of the first half yet the only goal was a comedy own goal.

I think it’s likely that both teams will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season but neither looked great on today’s performance.