BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bolton isn't in Lancashire firstly. 

Preston and Blackpool aren't derbies to me. I have friends who support either club and none of us think of them as derbies. 

I suggest you go into the Black bull, when we play them at dumpdale. You will see that the locals think it's a derby.

Edited by rigger

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bolton is in Greater Manchester and has been for nearly 50 years  

As far as I am concerned Manchester is in Lancashire. Old Trafford is the home of Lancashire cricket club.

Traditionally Bolton is in Lancashire

Edited by rigger
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

Always torn on this one because on the one hand I'd rather see you lot in Division 4 and well below us but on the other I miss the derbies and would rather be in a League With Rovers, PNE etc than Arsenal, Chelsea etc.

I definitely understand why you'd want us down though, it will soon be 12 years since you've beaten us and you'll want the chance to reset that clock as soon as possible 😉

What was life like in Div 4 Longers ? Give us the benefit of your extensive experience.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bolton is in Greater Manchester and has been for nearly 50 years  

It is the post 1974 admin area of Greater Manchester. It is in the historic county of Lancashire:

Although legislation transferred to newly constituted councils administrative business and responsibility for redefined areas, such legislation did not alter or affect the Duchy Palatinate boundaries which remain the same as the old geographical County of Lancaster.
Duchy of Lancaster - 4th September 1992

"We confirm that although the changes brought about by the 1972, and indeed, subsequent legislation, have altered the administrative boundaries of the County (of Lancashire) for the purposes of local government, they have not affected the boundaries of the Palatinate."
Duchy of Lancaster - 29th August 1996

"The river Mersey forms the southern boundary of the Palatinate..."
Duchy of Lancaster - 2nd January 1997

Eric Pickles, the Local Government Secretary said:

“Administrative restructuring by previous governments has sought to suppress and undermine such local identities. We formally acknowledge the continuing role of our traditional counties in England’s public and cultural life.”

Why on earth would you want to minimise and belittle our great county?

Try doing some research before you spout off your usual ignorant statements.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Everton showing the pitfalls of appointing a manager based on what the fans and media want rather than getting the best man for the job.

The relentless clamour for Frank to get every job going and the protests when they were going to appoint Pereira could come back to cost them big time.

Clueless owner caving in to fan and media pressure.

Still think/hope they will have enough to survive. We need them to as can't rely on Norwich or Watford to get safe. Can't imagine Everton in the Championship but at least it would sort Sky's selections out.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Everton showing the pitfalls of appointing a manager based on what the fans and media want rather than getting the best man for the job.

The relentless clamour for Frank to get every job going and the protests when they were going to appoint Pereira could come back to cost them big time.

Clueless owner caving in to fan and media pressure.

Still think/hope they will have enough to survive. We need them to as can't rely on Norwich or Watford to get safe. Can't imagine Everton in the Championship but at least it would sort Sky's selections out.

They’ve always been a top division side since I started watching in 1960-61.

• Moderation Lead
24 minutes ago, frosty said:

5-0 now, crikey. Still don't think Everton will go down but might be a closer call than I thought....

Their goal difference, despite getting smashed in tonight, isn’t actually that bad, compared to their rivals, so they may be right enough in the end, but Christ, they are under achieving.

Lampard was far too risky an appointment for a relegation battle when he has no experience of fighting in one….

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Lampards teams have always conceded goals. Such a weird appointment for a team in a relegation battle.

He was discussed on here at the time of his appointment, most of us said that it was an odd one. He got potted at Chelsea for leaking goals. So why did Everton, who need to shore up the back, hire him? 

As you say, a strange managerial appointment. Compounded by the decision to sign yesterday's man Dele Alli in January. 

They do have games in hand on those around them and they do have performances in them so I don't think that they'll go down either, but I am with @frosty; far too close for comfort.

I didn't see much football other than Rovers first half against Fulham over the weekend but it looks like Man U keep on trucking. Does Rangnick get a 2 year consultancy at the end of this season? I'd give him 5 more years as boss. He's Solskjaer without the cache of "that night in Barcelona". It's wonderful to watch the mediocrity. Sancho and Pogba both cost oodles, both look bereft. 

Ronaldo is on a strop, and Fernandes now thinks that instead of playing football his job is to try and win as many free kicks as possible.

22 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

He was discussed on here at the time of his appointment, most of us said that it was an odd one. He got potted at Chelsea for leaking goals. So why did Everton, who need to shore up the back, hire him? 

As you say, a strange managerial appointment. Compounded by the decision to sign yesterday's man Dele Alli in January. 

They do have games in hand on those around them and they do have performances in them so I don't think that they'll go down either, but I am with @frosty; far too close for comfort.

I didn't see much football other than Rovers first half against Fulham over the weekend but it looks like Man U keep on trucking. Does Rangnick get a 2 year consultancy at the end of this season? I'd give him 5 more years as boss. He's Solskjaer without the cache of "that night in Barcelona". It's wonderful to watch the mediocrity. Sancho and Pogba both cost oodles, both look bereft. 

Ronaldo is on a strop, and Fernandes now thinks that instead of playing football his job is to try and win as many free kicks as possible.

Put into that Rashford , wanting to be a politician ...

5 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

What the hell is Division 4?

it’s a division that existed Pre Jack Walker - so not one many Rovers fans will remember 😉

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What was life like in Div 4 Longers ? Give us the benefit of your extensive experience.

Do you know it was cracking in many ways - but it was a simpler time.