BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Hoping JRC stays fit is quite clearly a pointless exercise, never gonna happen. He has been back training numerous times and will invariably break down again within the next month.

Its not pointless at all. Hopefully he will be ease back and will take a different approach. He is perfect for this wing back role and going forward if he can stay fit he will be starting for me. 

Adding a player who doesn't fit into the current way of playing 6 months in advance when we are unsure of what league we will be in seems illogical to me.

But you need a plan B or different options. Can't just stick Plan A especially if injuries or lost of form happen which it could in the coming months. Also only last week you were in favour of Rovers continuing to sign players regardless of Mowbray's future. now you back track. Plus he could play the number 10 role or even the one of forward role. Who knows but Rovers have been after him for the last 5 months. 

Signing him on a cut price deal now to help us achieve our ambitions for the rest of the season at the level we are now would make more sense, but would still raise the question over his position.

Do Aberdeen want to sell tho? 

Maja is an upgrade on Brereton.

Would be one hell of a signing.

I myself slipped a few discs in my back and had a herniated Sciatica nerve and I myself got back to play elite level sport with no problems.

Every now and again it lapses but with a good rehab it should be fine whatever has happened to Maja you can't write him off due to a back injury.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its not pointless at all. Hopefully he will be ease back and will take a different approach. He is perfect for this wing back role and going forward if he can stay fit he will be starting for me. 

But you need a plan B or different options. Can't just stick Plan A especially if injuries or lost of form happen which it could in the coming months. Also only last week you were in favour of Rovers continuing to sign players regardless of Mowbray's future. now you back track. Plus he could play the number 10 role or even the one of forward role. Who knows but Rovers have been after him for the last 5 months. 

A "different approach" was earmarked last summer when Mowbray mentioned Rankin Costello and how we would be very careful bringing him back to fitness, and he has broken down twice since and played about half an hour of senior football. There are big question marks over his robustness and sustainability to play regularly, and even if fingers crossed those issues do get resolved long term, we need someone else to rely upon for a crucial half season.

I am not totally convinced that he is anywhere close to being a regular for a side in the position in the league that we are even if he was fit, he defensively is poor and his attacking side has never blown me away either, he very much would be categorised as a steady deputy/squad filler at the moment if he was fit. But ultimately, he isn't and has proven repeatedly that we can't expect him to stay fit for the rest of the season, and our plan B when Nyambe who does a very physically demanding job gets a muscle strain himself is to move Buckley there it seems, who is not particularly good there himself, understandably so, plus it moves him from midfield. We need someone much more reliable and of better quality to compete with Nyambe such is the void of competition there and considering where we are in the table.

It has nothing to do with Mowbray's future as to why I have questioned a potential pre-contract agreement with Hedges either, again you seem to be creating your own counter arguments. I do agree that recruitment should be a continuous process, it is the specific deal that I questioned. I merely enquired as to whether pre agreeing to sign a winger in the summer when we don't currently play with wingers and don't know what division we will be in is a prudent and wise idea, I think thats a fair question.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A "different approach" was earmarked last summer when Mowbray mentioned Rankin Costello and how we would be very careful bringing him back to fitness, and he has broken down twice since and played about half an hour of senior football. There are big question marks over his robustness and sustainability to play regularly, and even if fingers crossed those issues do get resolved long term, we need someone else to rely upon for a crucial half season.

I am not totally convinced that he is anywhere close to being a regular for a side in the position in the league that we are even if he was fit, he defensively is poor and his attacking side has never blown me away either, he very much would be categorised as a steady deputy/squad filler at the moment if he was fit. But ultimately, he isn't and has proven repeatedly that we can't expect him to stay fit for the rest of the season, and our plan B when Nyambe who does a very physically demanding job gets a muscle strain himself is to move Buckley there it seems, who is not particularly good there himself, understandably so, plus it moves him from midfield. We need someone much more reliable and of better quality to compete with Nyambe such is the void of competition there and considering where we are in the table.

It has nothing to do with Mowbray's future as to why I have questioned a potential pre-contract agreement with Hedges either, again you seem to be creating your own counter arguments. I do agree that recruitment should be a continuous process, it is the specific deal that I questioned. I merely enquired as to whether pre agreeing to sign a winger in the summer when we don't currently play with wingers and don't know what division we will be in is a prudent and wise idea, I think thats a fair question.

All absolutely spot on! 👍🏽

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A "different approach" was earmarked last summer when Mowbray mentioned Rankin Costello aIbrahim Keremnd how we would be very careful bringing him back to fitness, and he has broken down twice since and played about half an hour of senior football. There are big question marks over his robustness and sustainability to play regularly, and even if fingers crossed those issues do get resolved long term, we need someone else to rely upon for a crucial half season.

All depends what and how the last injury happened and how Andrew Proctor Ibrahim Kerem and Craig Holding has worked with his rehabilitation program with the latest injury

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Well that's where we have a different opinion cos I don't Nyambe as natural wing back tbh, but JRC is IMO and its a role Ive seen him previous seasons for under 23's when Johnson and Dunn was in charge. 

on maybe signing someone for that position, would you a striker or right wing back is more of priority in this window?

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But we have Kharda and Dolan who you say is are wingers but are playing as front 2. So what's the different? 

Also we need plan B option and I would guess that we might go back to playing 4-3-3 at some point. 

Plus Rovers seemed very impressive by him so maybe he might be good enough for the PL.

On 19/12/2021 at 23:30, Spartakfenni said:

Paul were you one of those that said Diaz was not worth £7m? Butterworth has had a couple of years out with serious injuries. Give him the chance he can cut it. Don’t write him off after a handful of sub appearances.

Eh? I wasn’t writing him off I was saying he’s a 10 not an 8 (as In an attacking midfielder not a centre midfielder)

From an Aberdeen fan forum site on Hedges - which is, clearly, just one person's opinion but it does seem quite considered: "The only reason Hedges will be missed is that we don’t have any other players who can run at the opposition and cause problems for them.  Hedges flatters to deceive and can’t be relied on to perform well consistently. But because he does play well occasionally , that’s enough to give the opponents cause for concern that he might have one of his better games. If Hedges is out or not playing well the opposition know that our open-play threat will be pretty much limited to trying to pass our way through them."

He sounds a bit like Joe Rothwell before he established himself in the team - and, perhaps, Harry Chapman before he was sent away - at least, in being an unpredictable attacking player who runs the ball. It needs to be borne in mind that Hedges missed half of last season after an operation and then had a hamstring injury at the start of this. Moreover, he's leaving Aberdeen, apparently, in the lurch, so there'll be some enmity there. Currently, Aberdeen are mid-table. At 26 years old and, also, apparently, with the Old Firm not keen, it does raise questions.

I can't pass judgment, knowing so little about him but I'd take him on a free but would be cautious about Rovers buying him outright in January. That said, another runner up front could be useful in our promotion push if he could match the levels of Dolan and Khadra. Mowbray's attacking signings, as far as I can recall, have been decent - even if they haven't made a cohesive team - so would give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Did we not offer to buy him in the summer ? So yes pursued - but Aberdeen did have the opportunity to cash in.

Missing the point. We knew when our players' contracts ere due to expire and could have got money for them in the summer too. In fact, we heard that anyone who hadn't signed up to a new contract would be sold in January!

My  point is that we can't accuse our players of disloyalty when the Club has actively encouraged that disloyalty at another club.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Think this is a bit unfair on @roversfan99 really. In the same post his arguments are being countered by we need Hedges in case of injury whilst at the same time saying we shouldn't assume JRC - a proven injury prone player - will be out injured. It seems a bit incongruous to say the least!

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, only2garners said:

No one can have gone from Ewood  - we’re currently banned from France.

I know these sort of things seem fairly mystical and beyond our capabilities at times but is it completely beyond the realms of possibility we might have one or two contacts based in France?

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, unleaded said:

He was an unused sub along with Maja tonight ! Waste of a scouting trip … 

so that would be Amadou Traore? linked with Bayern, Brentford and Brugge in summer. 19. winger

Edited by nbdelboy

5 hours ago, only2garners said:

No one can have gone from Ewood  - we’re currently banned from France.

we do have this fabled european scouting network, so it isn't outside the realms of possibility that we have people either already within france, or in a neighbouring country that isn't banned from traveling in. someone must be/have been over there looking at maja

3 hours ago, nbdelboy said:

we do have this fabled european scouting network, so it isn't outside the realms of possibility that we have people either already within france, or in a neighbouring country that isn't banned from traveling in. someone must be/have been over there looking at maja

We don't anymore, we sacked him over the summer.....

• Like 1