BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

19 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I feel like Everton once used it but I'm wondering if I'm getting mixed up with it being a shirt sponsor for somebody.

Yeah, Everton had a deal with Sports Interactive whereby they could use the FM database to scout players. Watford have had FM as a shirt sponsor in the past and the game is still heavily advertised around their ground, including on the seats in the dugouts. I think the man behind the game is a big Watford fan from what I remember.

• Like 1

Looking at that link that Chaddy posted (cheers Chaddy), I can't think there's much if a chance Khadra will come here permanently. They clearly rate him (who wouldn't), he'll be too good to stay in the championship & if we get promoted it would take a large sum to get them to part with him.

Same with Van Hecke.

Hope I'm wrong mind.

3 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Looking at that link that Chaddy posted (cheers Chaddy), I can't think there's much if a chance Khadra will come here permanently. They clearly rate him (who wouldn't), he'll be too good to stay in the championship & if we get promoted it would take a large sum to get them to part with him.

Same with Van Hecke.

Hope I'm wrong mind.

That link was from September, things could have changed.

3 hours ago, darrenrover said:

£15k per week is the current maximum for any player.....fact!

It's believed that a view is being taken that this may change, dependant on the potential future transfer value of a player ......extremely sensible IMO. Based upon this however, I've no doubt that some may be going in January!

I've every faith currently that come January 31st, we'll have a stronger squad than we have currently!!

Can I ask why you are so in favour of the 15k week wage cap?

Have you had any meetings with Waggott recently? 

What do you think of the latest effort from the club getting supporters to the ground? 

Do you think Rovers make signings in January and will any be permanent?

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can I ask why you are so in favour of the 15k week wage cap?

Have you had any meetings with Waggott recently? 

What do you think of the latest effort from the club getting supporters to the ground? 

Do you think Rovers make signings in January and will any be permanent?

You can ask chaddy but I ain't going to answer because any meetings we may have had, have been held in confidence between those present. Hopefully you'll understand that.

I also didn't say that I agreed with a £15k a week wage cap per sé.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I've every faith currently that come January 31st, we'll have a stronger squad than we have currently!!

But everything is going swimmingly now! Are we going to exchange that for faith?

I'm in the "bugger FFP" camp, get this lot in the Pemiership and it won't be an issue will it?

17 minutes ago, 47er said:

But everything is going swimmingly now! Are we going to exchange that for faith?

I'm in the "bugger FFP" camp, get this lot in the Pemiership and it won't be an issue will it?

I agree with this.  Let's splash on a Premier league/championship centre forward like Gayle , someone not getting enough game time but proven at this level....until the end of the season and we can score more than everyone else...👊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

You can ask chaddy but I ain't going to answer because any meetings we may have had, have been held in confidence between those present. Hopefully you'll understand that.

I also didn't say that I agreed with a £15k a week wage cap per sé.

So the 15k per week wage cap wasn't told in confidence?

11 hours ago, 47er said:

Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Reading..!

I know there are examples of teams that got away with it, but personally, I’d rather we did things far more pragmatically.

Interestingly, the one area I think the club should break the bank (at the end of the season if we don’t go up) is on a manager when TMs contract expires.

Nuno still available?

11 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I agree with this.  Let's splash on a Premier league/championship centre forward like Gayle , someone not getting enough game time but proven at this level....until the end of the season and we can score more than everyone else...👊

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/newcastle-united-fc/dwight-gayle-22936/

This might not be correct, but how do you;

A. convince newcastle to pay 65%+ of his wages whilst he plays for us for 6 months (over 1million)

or

B. Convince DG to give up 25k a week for six months

or 

C. Not aggravate every other player in your team by agreeing to have one player on double your other top earner?

I agree that someone like him would be great, the reality is only Fulham / Bournemouth and possibly WBA and Sheff United could get near fitting him into their “parachute” budget.

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Joe, Can I asked how you finding it at Hearts?

Would you given your experience that Rovers would need less staff tho to scout those European markets?

Hi Joe, please can you post on a public forum your employer knows you use, how you feel your job with them is progressing and what you think so far.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Joe, Can I asked how you finding it at Hearts?

Would you given your experience that Rovers would need less staff tho to scout those European markets?

Fine yes, enjoying it. I don't really know what you mean on 2nd question

18 hours ago, El Tombro said:

That's interesting, Joe. So do Hearts, or would Hearts, sign a player by scouting remotely rather than scouting in the flesh?

Cammy Devlin came in the summer before I arrived, but to the best of my knowledge he was a remote signing. Somebody got eyes on him, but that was someone based in AUS - not somebody based here within our recruitment team. Not preferable but perfectly plausible. He's something of a fan favourite this season.

16 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

I have a question for you, Joe. What role, if any, does Football Manager (the game) play in professional football? I mean, do coaches/scouts ever refer to it when wanting to know more about a player?

It's something I've always wondered as a keen player of said game.

I can only speak from my own personal experience over this season and say that no it doesn't. People in particularly high up positions who happen to play the game may happen to take some inspiration from the game, but at the end of the day the ratings there are determined by data editors who are working with less information than club recruitment teams are working with.

21 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Hi Joe, please can you post on a public forum your employer knows you use, how you feel your job with them is progressing and what you think so far.

🤣 hahaha

12 hours ago, 47er said:

You've got to have faith.

Edited by rigger

45 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

My friend is good mates with Freddy Adu.

Fun fact - he got offered a trial at Rovers.

Let him know I am grateful for the goals he scored for Rovers during my time as manager and his hat trick in the champions league final was immense 🏆👍

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Let him know I am grateful for the goals he scored for Rovers during my time as manager and his hat trick in the champions league final was immense 🏆👍

Haha I'll pass it on. 

He's now coaching football freelance in America.

Also not sure when the trial was offered @LeftWinger but I'm pretty sure he rejected the offer.

• Like 1