BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

37 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Did you see the word manager in the quote, that us who I was meaning.

Oh sorry yea I realised you meant in regards to Nuno Espirito Santos - absolutely agree, if there’s a way of getting this calibre of manager come end of season(if we aren’t promoted) then I’d prioritise that.

Be a bit harsh on Tony if he misses out by a whisker but you go backwards standing still.

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

A) Offer Newcastle say, 2 million if we get promoted and he scores at least 5 goals (or just the first part if they're not down for that).

B) Offer him a larger than usual promotion bonus.

C) Don't tell anyone about these bonuses, and if they find out, point out it will only take effect if he helps them to a career-changing promotion.

Might not work, but worth a try.

The way agents work - C is borderline impossible.

I think we’re in a scenario where we are a few behind the first 4 or 5 in the queue when it comes to “guaranteed or proven” championship players, who are out of favour in the prem.

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

Oh sorry yea I realised you meant in regards to Nuno Espirito Santos - absolutely agree, if there’s a way of getting this calibre of manager come end of season(if we aren’t promoted) then I’d prioritise that.

Be a bit harsh on Tony if he misses out by a whisker but you go backwards standing still.

Hmmm Nuno Esperito Santos?

The lad who had Spurs running the least in the Premier League.

I myself am all about Arte Et Laborte

8 hours ago, JBiz said:

I like this team but it would be a shock if we get auto promotion - where as it should’ve been a given with that budget! The problem we have now is our competition for these positions will be against teams with double budgets.

But I think smaller younger squad has suited Mowbray and he is enjoying coaching this team this season. Think it suits him. 

But do these team have our squad togetherness and team spirit? Probably not

6 hours ago, JoeH said:

It totally depends on your approach. Couldn't say earlier but since my last post Hearts have announced new signing Nathaniel Atkinson from Melbourne City. He was scouted remotely in the main and we're really happy with that one. But some clubs would take a totally different approach. Rovers are, in general, looking at players with a slightly higher wage bracket than Hearts and probably have a little more to lose if they get something wrong perhaps.

Thanks Joe for reply

17 hours ago, JoeH said:

Love Football Manager for what it is but I will always prefer the CM01/02 era. That was the game I grew up playing on my Dad’s lap in front of the ‘house computer’. 

Champ Manager was, and still is, class. Much better than Football Manager today which is just too much. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

First Christmas present of the day. Sound like van Hecke and Khadra are staying for the season. 🙂

Same that...great news.😁

Also am I the only one who wouldn't want Dwight Gayle? Leave him where he is.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Adam Armstrong 15 games,  2 goals.......tough start for him.

I remember somebody posted a graph last year showing goals vs shots for all championship goalscorers. I was baffled after staring at it for a good 5 minutes that they'd missed Armstrong out. Until I realised that the graph wasn't cropped where I thought it was. It's just the dot for Armstrong was so far along the axis for shots taken that it looked like he was on a whole separate graph. Armstrong was playing for himself last season. Strikers need to he greedy at times but all he was aiming to do was score goals and didn't play for the team at all. I'm certain that a major part of our upturn in form is that we are a significantly better side without him in it. He needs a lot of work to be premier league class.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I remember somebody posted a graph last year showing goals vs shots for all championship goalscorers. I was baffled after staring at it for a good 5 minutes that they'd missed Armstrong out. Until I realised that the graph wasn't cropped where I thought it was. It's just the dot for Armstrong was so far along the axis for shots taken that it looked like he was on a whole separate graph. Armstrong was playing for himself last season. Strikers need to he greedy at times but all he was aiming to do was score goals and didn't play for the team at all. I'm certain that a major part of our upturn in form is that we are a significantly better side without him in it. He needs a lot of work to be premier league class.

There was a game last season where he just took shot after shot , not passing to anyone better positioned.  I personally didn't like him after that , despite the goals.

Travis recent comments,  touch on the now improved team spirit. 

Edited by slowmo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Utter nonsense, Armstrong scored 28 goals for us last season. It isnt his absence that has led to us doing better, if we had Armstrong now we would be even more dangerous, there are so many factors that have led to our improvement. Stopping trying to have excessive possession and being more pragmatic. Pickering coming in and massively improving on the woeful left backs we had. Ayala staying fit more often. Buckleys development. Brereton coming to the fore boosted further by confidence from his Chile exploits. Travis returning to full fitness and sharpness. Rothwell being somewhat re-modelled. Khadra and Van Hecke being here. Wharton being back fit. Many sub par players being released rather than being relied upon due to an unusally compact fixture list last season. The list goes on.

I think all of our players would struggle in the Prem.

Who would you drop from our team to allow Armstrong to play ?

45 minutes ago, slowmo said:

There was a game last season where he just took shot after shot , not passing to anyone better positioned.  I personally didn't like him after that , despite the goals.

Travis recent comments,  touch on the now improved team spirit. 

Bristol away springs to mind.

This team operates as much better unit with Armstrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Utter nonsense, Armstrong scored 28 goals for us last season. It isnt his absence that has led to us doing better, if we had Armstrong now we would be even more dangerous, there are so many factors that have led to our improvement. Stopping trying to have excessive possession and being more pragmatic. Pickering coming in and massively improving on the woeful left backs we had. Ayala staying fit more often. Buckleys development. Brereton coming to the fore boosted further by confidence from his Chile exploits. Travis returning to full fitness and sharpness. Rothwell being somewhat re-modelled. Khadra and Van Hecke being here. Wharton being back fit. Many sub par players being released rather than being relied upon due to an unusally compact fixture list last season. The list goes on.

still i would like to find out with promotion  if they would struggle

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Cracking post. Perfectly sums up the differences to last season. It really is a sum of those improvements that has got us to where we are. Hopefully we can keep it up and avoid the post January death spiral. If we do, I honestly think we go up in the automatic places. 

Edited by RoverKyle
  • Like 1