BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

1 minute ago, Darrenbot said:

We seem to be after Hedges and Soutter so basically we're mostly going to be signing players from the scottish league for the foreseeable future because its the only place Park knows anything about.

They are not the sort of signings for a club which should have promotion ambitions. IMO of course and delighted to be wrong but I haven't seen anything special in either of them( although my viewing of them has been limited.)

But if they are to be replacements, then I think our promotion bid will stutter.

2 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Phil Jones on loan ???

He maybe injured at the moment, never gets to kick a ball for Man Poo , who have so many players it is not true ..

I can't understand why some people think we need another center-half. From what I have seen of him play I would be more tempted to try to bring through Ash Phillips.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’ve watched a bit of Soutter, as it stands he would be out third best centre back in my opinion. For reference, I currently go…

Ayala, Lenihan, JVH, Wharton, Carter

Wharton's currently the best for me. Still never lost when he's started.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

He seems incredibly injury prone. And his injuries keep him out for months at a time.

January 2017 - Ruptured Achilles tendon - out for the rest of the season 

2018 - Hip injury - 5 months out 

2019/2020 season - Ankle injury - missed most of the season 

Feb 2020 - torn Achilles (other leg) - 6 months out

August 2020 - snaps same Achilles - unknown length of time - assuming most of the season as he only made 5 apps.

This is literally all I needed to know about him, thanks. It's a resounding 'hell no' from me.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Wharton's currently the best for me. Still never lost when he's started.

Experience a big factor still for me - Ayala knows what it takes to win promotion and play Premier League, that’s invaluable. If I currently had to pick a team for the Playoff Final my back 5 would be Nyambe, Lenihan, Ayala, Wharton, Pickering, despite my above ranking. Essentially Wharton gets in for balance above JVH and Ayala and Lenihan ahead of JVH for experience. 

10 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Phil Jones on loan ???

He maybe injured at the moment, never gets to kick a ball for Man Poo , who have so many players it is not true ..

Since ogs got the boot he has been in a number of matchday squads. Can see him being at Newcastle on loan come the window

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I can't understand why some people think we need another center-half. From what I have seen of him play I would be more tempted to try to bring through Ash Phillips.

I think the math is quite simple. The talk is  Souttar joining in the summer, when Van Hecke is going back to Brighton and Lenihan is out of contract. 

That basicly leaves us with Ayala and Wharton as senior pros.  Which is very light considering playing three at the back. Even if Lenihan stays, we are probably two centre light. 

Carter needs at least another loan to be ready for regular Championship games.

Phillips is only 16, massive talent and will get chances.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We’ve already got one centre half who has to be wrapped up in cotton wool to keep him on the pitch. Do we really need another one ?

TM loves a squaddie and likes to rotate and fit them in so i'd prefer not to see any pressure to do that. If it were me i'd be rooting around for another young fit game hungry center half. One who compliments what we have and who is chomping at the bit, one of the reasons we are so much better this season is we've moved away from these types cluttering up the squad.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, islander200 said:

If we go up we would have to be signing a more proven at that level defender.

If Souttar or Hedges are coming in this window fair enough to play a part   but if promoted to the Premier we will surely be looking at better quality.If they were premier league quality now then it would be those teams trying to sign them now

Like who? 

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Cos we do. We don't know what Lenihan will do at the end of the season. Plus given Ayala age and I would think Ash Philips will get his chance next season But we need an experience centre back and for me Souttar fits that bill plus he has experience of playing in back 3 and is Scottish International player

4 hours ago, davulsukur said:

He seems incredibly injury prone. And his injuries keep him out for months at a time.

January 2017 - Ruptured Achilles tendon - out for the rest of the season 

2018 - Hip injury - 5 months out 

2019/2020 season - Ankle injury - missed most of the season 

Feb 2020 - torn Achilles (other leg) - 6 months out

August 2020 - snaps same Achilles - unknown length of time - assuming most of the season as he only made 5 apps.

has only missed 2 games this season and despite his injuries he has made over 220 appearances so far in career 

8 minutes ago, briansol said:

I think the math is quite simple. The talk is  Souttar joining in the summer, when Van Hecke is going back to Brighton and Lenihan is out of contract. 

That basicly leaves us with Ayala and Wharton as senior pros.  Which is very light considering playing three at the back. Even if Lenihan stays, we are probably two centre light. 

If Lenihan does leave in the summer than I would look at signing Van Hecke permanent if we can afford whether we go up or not. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like who? 

Cos we do. We don't know what Lenihan will do at the end of the season. Plus given Ayala age and I would think Ash Philips will get his chance next season But we need an experience centre back and for me Souttar fits that bill plus he has experience of playing in back 3 and is Scottish International player

has only missed 2 games this season and despite his injuries he has made over 220 appearances so far in career 

What do you mean like who?Do you want me to name every defender with Premier league experience?

If we get promoted we can buy at a different level to players like Souttar and Hedges.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

What do you mean like who?Do you want me to name every defender with Premier league experience?

If we get promoted we can buy at a different level to players like Souttar and Hedges.

How do we know they’re not good enough?

Ullrich suggested the Scottish premier league is equivalent the our league one.

Where did we get Dack and Rothwell from?

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

What wrong with signing players for low free or even on free transfers. I wouldn't be expect huge cash buys to happen if we got promote anyway. But sensible signings that fit into our squad. 

I would sign Souttar whatever division we are in. 

12 minutes ago, JBiz said:

How do we know they’re not good enough?

Ullrich suggested the Scottish premier league is equivalent the our league one.

Where did we get Dack and Rothwell from?

I havent said they aint good enough?

What im saying is if we secure promotion we will be in a position to shop in a whole different market place.

But if Hedges and Souttar were premier league quality do you not think Premier league clubs would be trying to get them in on pre contracts or signing them for nominal fees in January.

If promoted the squad will need some premier league experience and quality if we are to have any chance of staying in it.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What wrong with signing players for low free or even on free transfers. I wouldn't be expect huge cash buys to happen if we got promote anyway. But sensible signings that fit into our squad. 

I would sign Souttar whatever division we are in. 

The premier league is a whole different level if we sign Souttar we would have Lenihan,Ayala, Wharton, Souttar and Carter.

Only 1 of those players has Premier league experience in Ayala and his experience was relegation.

We would need to be signing at least one centre half who is comfortable playing at that level.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

What im saying is if we secure promotion we will be in a position to shop in a whole different market place.

Who knows what the budget will be if we get promote? do you know that? I would rather we look for good players for sensible fees and not over spend on wages and silly transfer fees. 

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If promoted the squad will need some premier league experience and quality if we are to have any chance of staying in it.

We can still sign players with PL experience but I wouldn't be paying silly wages. We need a sensible financial approach if we reach the PL. 

Just now, islander200 said:

The premier league is a whole different level if we sign Souttar we would have Lenihan,Ayala, Wharton, Souttar and Carter.

Only 1 of those players has Premier league experience in Ayala and his experience was relegation.

We would need to be signing at least one centre half who is comfortable playing at that level.

Is Lenihan staying? 

I would sign Van Hecke and Kharda if we got promote

31 minutes ago, briansol said:

I would try to sign Van Hecke, Carter is an adequate cover player. Phillips is ready to be developed, that is probably why he trains with the first team.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, islander200 said:

But if Hedges and Souttar were premier league quality do you not think Premier league clubs would be trying to get them in on pre contracts or signing them for nominal fees in January.

How do you know they aren’t premier league quality and how do you know other teams aren’t after them?

Why are certain markets only suitable for premier league teams?

How do we compete with 20+ teams ready to pay bigger wages and probably 15+ teams if we get promoted?

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Absolutely.   Any signing now has to be a show stopper, someone who wants a promotion push and a punt at playing for us in the Premier next season....

Forget these average Joe's, we can get them in the summer if we stay down.

Gayle, Tosun, Long, Maja, there's probably a few others who could weigh in with 10 goals in the second half of season.