BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

12 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Am I the only one who thinks Gallagher has had a decent season and played well when fit. 
Happy to see him sign

3 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

No your not the only one I happen to think when he's played this season he has put in 100% 

I'm a 3rd. But it's more than just his work ethic for me; his goals to minutes record isn't that bad considering he's been mostly played on the right as opposed to through the middle, which is entirely on TM. 

Also notable that TM says in an interview on the website that Gallagher will get his chance down the middle. Tying him down is right, if we don't then imagine the uproar if he becomes another top scorer who could potentially leave for nothing at the end of the season.

Now to try everything possible to secure DL, RN & JR...

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

As Ive said several times this season, when SG has played down the middle he has scored goals. At the moment though Diaz has the shirt. Other players signing I would have thought would have been a priority.

If the ‘other players’ don’t want to sign, then the priority has to players who will and can still make a big contribution 

Unfortunately I think the Gallagher contract is a complete waste of money but not entirely due to the player. If Mowbray continues playing him in that right wing role what can we expect. 

At least play him in as a true centre forward and give him the opportunity.

It is no coincidence our best run of form came when he wasnt in the squad and Mowbray was unable to tinker with him.

Edited by CambridgeRover
  • Like 3

Gallagher might well have had something written into his contract for early renegotiation. Or maybe his advisors are just easier to deal with and more grateful this player has a contract offer on the table.

As for the transfer window it would be nice if a statement was sent out that we are serious about being contenders. Not just happy to make up the numbers and exist just to produce players to sell.

This is when you look for final bits of the jigsaw, although i agree with a few others that we don't want to be upsetting the balance. Its taken years to finally find one.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

If the ‘other players’ don’t want to sign, then the priority has to players who will and can still make a big contribution 

Genuine question....when was SG's contract up? I know Mowbray has had him play RB but I would say priority is to sign players whose contracts are up or replacements not players who at present are understudys and contracts arent in danger of running out.

25 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Genuine question....when was SG's contract up? I know Mowbray has had him play RB but I would say priority is to sign players whose contracts are up or replacements not players who at present are understudys and contracts arent in danger of running out.

Gallagher's deal ran out in 2023 and this new deal is not an extension of that but a new deal that lasts 2.5 years to summer 2024 with an optional one year extension according to Sharpe.

50 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

If BBD leaves SG will get a chance as the main striker.  Who's to say he then doesn't start banging them in and suddenly we are in the same contract situation as with AA and BBD .

I know it seems unlikely but its happened twice now and the club would get accused of being short-sighted not to secure assets. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

These players who won't sign....who do they think is coming in for them?

Or is it a case of just screwing the Club for more money.

They have negotiated and so far failed to make a deal.

Meanwhile, according to your definition, the club encourages Hedges to screw his club.

9 minutes ago, slowmo said:

Nope , just they haven't managed to reach an agreement with the others yet.

Doesn't mean they should stop trying to secure those who are willing to sign .

I accuse them of failing to secure BBD, JR, RN, DL.

Bollocks to SG, I'd have sold him anyway.  Its like they've all gone..."oh shit, we forgot about those guys....let's not fuck up again with the 5m asset"

Joke

36 minutes ago, slowmo said:

If BBD leaves SG will get a chance as the main striker.  Who's to say he then doesn't start banging them in and suddenly we are in the same contract situation as with AA and BBD .

I know it seems unlikely but its happened twice now and the club would get accused of being short-sighted not to secure assets. 

BB can run with the ball, SG can only run after the ball.

15 hours ago, J*B said:

Vidal is on 105K / week and they have a years option. There’s absolutely zero chance of us signing someone as high profile as Arturo Vidal. What could we even offer him? 15K a week and an apartment in Manchester? Come on, he’s playing Champions League football for Inter Milan.

Ben Arfa has been chucked out of every club he’s ever been at for being a nightmare in the dressing room, he’s the last person I’d want to join.

Sturridge is allegedly on 80K a week in Australia, what do we suggest we offer him? “Danny, how do you feel about moving from Perth to Blackburn and taking a 90% wage cut?”

I’d much rather we carried on doing what we’re doing. Young, hungry players that fit in with the dressing room and are willing to run through brick walls. If that’s Hedges and Souttar them in I’m. 

I suppose you are right, I was in full on fm2022 mode there! I completely agree on Sturbridge but I got carried away with the romance of signing a Chilean legend off the back of BBD’s new fame. The model is working beautifully and almost every time we sign an older, “legendary” player, it has been a disaster.

It’s nice to dream but for me the most important transfer business would be tying up some contracts for our star performers. 

25 minutes ago, unleaded said:

James Brown set to fly in on Monday to seal his deal ….. short contract with option .. .. Was on trial so Mowbray must have liked him …..Out Of Contract at Previous club ….  Free 

Best Of James Brown ..

Only a highlight reel, but doesn't look too bad for a free punt from the Irish league. 2019/20 season too, so may have improved since.

Presumably cover at RB for both first team and u23s. Wages will be very low. I do wonder if we could have made a more ambitious move for this position, but hopefully we have found a gem.