BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

9 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Who knows what the point of it is to them? If you want the job, find the cash to buy them out and give it a crack yourself pal?

Im not saying I don’t want exactly what you want. But I also see the risk in in ‘going for it’ not getting promotion and then paying the price.

How would you feel if we spent £10m, missed out on promotion and then had to lay off 50 staff in the summer? These are the risks and conversations that will be ongoing…

The latter thing isn't happening as if we did invest £10m in the squad this month and didn't go up, there is always the safety net of selling BBD in summer.

Plus, any money spent wisely isn't just money down the tube, it should stand us in good stead for years to come and maybe even realise a profit in due course.

I'd have thought the only issue would be whether the right sort of players were available in January when notoriously any sensible Club is loathe to let anyone half decent  go.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Spoke to a few Spurs fans and they rate this lad VERY highly. Imagine he’s certainly for the here and now.
Touch(!) of the Messi’s about him how he jinks past players. Excited about this one

im`e always a bit worried when the big clubs let their young players go on the cheap,it usually means they ar`nt very good,however i think behind the scenes spurs are a complete basket case and we could have stolen one off them

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Sounds the deal Markanday is agreed. Recon he replaces Poveda and it’s a permanent .  Good bit of business

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10403283/Blackburn-Rovers-agree-sign-Tottenham-winger-Dilan-Markanday-deal-worth-1m.html

Always makes me nervous when deals are allegedly agreed, publicised, but not due to be completed until "next week".

Potentially I think this sounds like a cracking signing though if it goes through and, for a change, one of our own not a loan.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Good avoidance, I can only assume we'll get Lenihan extended? If the management are good they can get contracts extended 

Agreed. Wasn't comfortable with this one due to his terrible injury record. 

9 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

How would you feel if we spent £10m, missed out on promotion and then had to lay off 50 staff in the summer? These are the risks and conversations that will be ongoing…

The same way I felt in 2012/13 when they spent nothing and laid off backroom staff and gave that ******* rat a new contract. 

This isn't our first rodeo Paul and I challenge you to find 50 staff!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, callumrovers said:

Anyone seen this on Sky... they recon we have accepted a 35 million offer for Diaz from Newcastle.

image.thumb.png.052c6a235f9565bd7c9874bb80fcac70.png

It's fake. Just the Buckley story with some attempt at changing the text.

Here's the Buckley story with the same time and story about the Dingles below:

Screenshot_20220114-192923_Sky Sports.jpg

48 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The latter thing isn't happening as if we did invest £10m in the squad this month and didn't go up, there is always the safety net of selling BBD in summer.

Plus, any money spent wisely isn't just money down the tube, it should stand us in good stead for years to come and maybe even realise a profit in due course.

I'd have thought the only issue would be whether the right sort of players were available in January when notoriously any sensible Club is loathe to let anyone half decent  go.

Also think 'outside the box' and look at the wealth of talent that we have at U23s and U18s!

Do you sign players that will stand in their way and hinder their future development?

If anything, I'd be looking to sign a couple of experienced players in their early 30s for reasonable money to aid our young lads' development.

14 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Also think 'outside the box' and look at the wealth of talent that we have at U23s and U18s!

I think it's worth discussing the continuing wealth of talent coming thro from our academy.

I think it's definitely easier to look positively on this resource when the 1st team is doing well, but we do seem to be continuing to coach and recruit the kids consistently well....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Hypnotic said:

Article I found on Markanday. Exciting stuff, Spurs fans do seem very upset that he’s going. 

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/opinion-dilan-markanday-his-play-style-his-achievements-his-future/

Wow! Even played left back. 

I thought he looked a solid all-round player. 

Be handy to put on left wing back if we are chasing the game. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

It's fake. Just the Buckley story with some attempt at changing the text.

Here's the Buckley story with the same time and story about the Dingles below:

Screenshot_20220114-192923_Sky Sports.jpg

Bucko singed a long term deal last year...have to imagine it would take  lions ransom to get him now that he is set in our first team.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Always makes me nervous when deals are allegedly agreed, publicised, but not due to be completed until "next week".

Potentially I think this sounds like a cracking signing though if it goes through and, for a change, one of our own not a loan.

I understand they offered him a contract but he refused as he was looking for first team football.  Gotta love a lad that wants to play

• Like 7

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We don't even what the budget is for the window. Yes we have to be careful and think of the medium and long term but have we can spend couple of millions in this window

Do you think we should just pay O'Riley asking price that MK Dons want or negotiate a price more suitable to us? No idea if he is any good or worth 1.7 million pounds

Or could we used the money better where we can bring in 2 or 3 players? 

You clearly again have chosen not to read what I have put.

I made it very clear that my comments were not player specific and that I have never seen him. Your nonsense about negotiating, obviously I am not suggesting to just agreeing to the first fee requested.

My main 2 points were:

- That I liked the idea of signing a player for a decent fee who might not instantly make the 11 but would certainly genuinely push strongly to be it and would contribute heavily this season, whilst also being here long term for if we (thinking prudence here) are in the Championship next season to fill the Rothwell void. A short term AND long term thinking deal.

- That I would be a disappointed if a player for less than £2m would be automatically deemed as unaffordable. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would turn down any Brereton bid in this window

150m?

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Good avoidance, I can only assume we'll get Lenihan extended? If the management are good they can get contracts extended 

Is it down to management if they don't have the financial budget to be able to satisfy the out of contract players? We have offered as much as we can go to according to Waggott.

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Turnover does not equal profit and therein lies the issue when people make wild assumptions like fact when they are working on dodgy information

I misread the headline, I am aware that the sale of an asset is recorded on profit.

But I take exception to making wild assumptions like fact comment. My stance on the recycled FFP line is that I cannot fathom why people just naturally assume that anytime the taps are turned off, that it is purely because of FFP, and indeed that Venkys would throw much more money at it if they could. To me, there is no evidence or reason to think this, and indeed it is others who are making out wild assumptions to be fact and I am skeptical of that.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Spurs lad signed today. Perm deal. 

Why has it not been announced?

Zeefuick and Markanday are both young and promising player and surely good signings for now and the future if Zeefuick is an option to buy. I would say Zeefuick is an established european right back who played for Groningen and Hertha Berlin.

• Like 3