BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

1 minute ago, ben_the_beast said:

Everything I'd like to say about Rothwell and his morales has already been said. 

The one thing that hasn't is that it's certainly no coincidence that his form and consistency has improved dramatically now that we have transitioned to a counter attacking team. We suit him and he us. Bournemouth are not this. I don't think he'll be a poor signing for them, but he won't be nearly as effective as he is for us. 

Maybe they won’t be bothered about that. He can always sit on the bench. He won’t be playing for us, that’s the point. 
Having said that I’m not bent out of shape. He had his strengths but he also had his weaknesses. Yesterday at Luton would have found him out. The first player that I saw do the same thing was Roy Vernon who went to Everton,  followed by many, many more.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

They come, they go.....

If he completes deal to Bournemouth, although not an ideal destination from our promotion hopes point of view, then he goes.

He has been integral in getting us to 2nd in the table, and without him, we wouldnt be in second. I'm thankful for his efforts, and wish things were different and our contract offer was better and it had been signed.

Club made it clear, August, September, October and November if these deals were not signed then they would look to sell them.

Rovers sudden turn in fortunes on the pitch has complicated that stance. Waggott publically stated in radio lancs interview that the contract rebels felt they can get more money elsewhere, he stated that it was unlikely, and those contracts are no longer available, and people are not banging the door down to sign them.

In the end the club has followed through with its threat, no better terms and allegedly accepted a bid.

The player has asked to speak to them, and decided he wants out now.

I personally don't think all the blame is Joe's, we've had months to offer better terms and have chosen not to.

Lessons need to be learnt, personally i'd have never let him join a promotion rival in this window, but its not my job to pay the bills.

New hero's will step up, one player dont make a team, we get our attacking players fit and confinue to be tight at the back we will be okay. We will sign a couple tomorrow and would of done regardless of Rothwell, 

Its easy to dwell, but it wont change what will be will be

A 'couple' isn't enough. 

12 minutes ago, booth said:

Swift has scored 8 goals for Reading who are down the bottom of the league. He'd chip in more than the odd goal.

Top of the assist table and a good passer. He'll be in the PL next season.

Hopefully with Rovers!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Rothwell's pace and ability to glide past defenders from deep will be missed, no doubt

His goal a few weeks ago was sublime and gave us 3 points when a draw was more likely

As its stands, we're weaker without him that's for sure

You’re right Jim, but it’s obvious Mowbray believed his mind was elsewhere. I honestly believe that in this situation he had no other option. You do as well, don’t you.

If Rothwells mind was still here he’d have been at Luton yesterday

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, booth said:

His contract is up in June, fans are saying it'll be a £2m fee. So far neither Leeds, Brentford or Newcastle have made a move.

that is a Rovers type transfer if I ever saw one tbh. 

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Swift won’t be coming here. He’s mid table Prem level.

Of course he isn't but that's why we should be trying to sign him.

We don't seem to doing big signings these days though, unless we're signing potential.

I say big signings, Swift will go on the cheap to someone.

4 minutes ago, booth said:

His contract is up in June, fans are saying it'll be a £2m fee. So far neither Leeds, Brentford or Newcastle have made a move.

Intersting Swift has not signed a new contract...a bit like Rothwell situ......Go for him!! 

• Like 1

On the positive side, aside from the Fulham game we’ve conceded just 5 goals in the last 14 games. That’s what’s gotten us where we are, and Rothwell hasn’t been a major contributor to that.

If that continues I don’t think it’s a season-breaker.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

If ever, now is the time to show intent and splash some of the Armstrong money on a couple of gamechangers.

Won't happen. They've botched this scenario big style. Should not have been allowed to join promotion contenders. Sickening!

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There’ll be more clubs in for Swift further up the food chain. He’s a better player than Rothwell, more consistent for a start.

Yes but they are all holding on till Summer when his contract is up. I think the question is would the player leave right now when his club is in the shit and he's by far their star player.

I doubt Rovers are even trying to get him anyway, we don't do the obvious. We'll end up with a Premier League kid who takes weeks to gain match fitness and about 6 games to get started.

Edited by booth

19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sorry, think that's absolute rubbish.

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating of course but what's £3.3m in the general scheme of things if as a result the wheels fall off at our end and Bournemouth go up?

Could work the other way of course but if not it's probably one of the worst if not the worst single decision in the history of the Club.

Certainly the most costly at £100m plus parachute payments minimum.

A risk we simply didn't need to take.

Had no idea we were guaranteed promotion with Rothwell in the side. Do you think someone should tell TM? 

• Like 1

We are supposed to forget about Armstrong and the massive fee we received for him. Gone. Forgotten.

Anyone explain to me how we are going to be paying these experienced quality players to replace Rothwell when the reason Rothwell is leaving is that we can't or won't pay him more?

• Like 3