BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham (h) - 18/12/21

Half of league 1 is off too.

Expect an announcement tomorrow folks I'm afraid.

This feels all too familiar, didn't Liverpool play basically the last game before the shitstorm started last time round and their game with Atletico was blamed for a spike in infections?

Very grim outlook for festive football 😕

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

Funny feeling about this one.

Rovers 1   Brum  1

I know this is prob immaterial now, as good chance of all footy being paused for a few weeks, but pre-omicron, I really thought there would be 13 or 14000+ on for this game, despite the pre-xmas impact etc., purely based on the buzz heading out of Ewood last time, and the further boost to this from the Dean Court result.

Such a shame we'll never know how this momentum could've built, and shaped our season....

I'm going if it's on....

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why wouldn't our game go ahead given that both clubs have done PCR testing this week and only 3 players are affected?

Because it is a highly infectious strain that is going round now and there will definitely be more that 3 players affected by the end of next week so why have them all together spreading it between each other just so you can have a day out at the weekend.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

I would think a pause in fixtures for a couple of weeks would make sense as some clubs playing weakened sides affects the integrity of the whole EFL, mind you they have never worried about that before

They'd have to extend the season and might impact the world Cup.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, garnersfags said:

I know this is prob immaterial now, as good chance of all footy being paused for a few weeks, but pre-omicron, I really thought there would be 13 or 14000+ on for this game, despite the pre-xmas impact etc., purely based on the buzz heading out of Ewood last time, and the further boost to this from the Dean Court result.

Such a shame we'll never know how this momentum could've built, and shaped our season....

I'm going if it's on....

It's just our bloody luck really ain't it.

Playing well, the football is enjoyable, dreams of promotion, and a real chance to increase the gates etc then BOOM who the hell knows how the season will pan out now.

I know people says there more important things in life than football but I'll happily admit the Christmas period wouldn't be the same without it.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Expect an announcement tomorrow folks I'm afraid.

I don't. The PL and EFL have set the rules for cancellation to happen plus if fans follow then they is significant less risk in catching the virus given that's you are outside, weather conditions, facemasks, etc..

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

I know people says there more important things in life than football but I'll happily admit the Christmas period wouldn't be the same without it.

You are totally correct. People look forward to watching and attending football festive. Plus we have to think of people mental health by cancelling football over this period..

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

I get you are enthusiastic Chaddy, so am I, this season has been an unexpected, but fantastic ride so far. But you need to get real.

Just because ‘the EFL have said x, y and z’ on the 16th December means bugger all when things are developing and changing this quickly.

• Like 4

At Brighton v Wolves over 49% of fans were checked prior to entry.  They accepted vaccine cards which apparently Rovers will not accept 🧐.  Only two were denied entry,

I have decided to give Ewood a miss on Saturday, the first home game I have missed all season.  The risks are too great and my family’s health and well being comes first.  I don’t want to go in a stadium where fans are coughing, shouting and some are ignorant of the risks Covid brings.  One of my friends died of Covid a few weeks back so no lectures about conspiracy theories please.

My Hull tickets are also going back.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I get you are enthusiastic Chaddy, so am I, this season has been an unexpected, but fantastic ride so far. But you need to get real.

Just because ‘the EFL have said x, y and z’ on the 16th December means bugger all when things are developing and changing this quickly.

Exactly.  Also who in their right mind would trust anything the EFL says?  

If our game is on and we can win this weekend it puts us in a wonderful position. With all the cancellations at the moment it would put even more distance between us and 7th. 

If there is a pause in fixtures the bigger that gap, then the more confidence the team will have and be chomping at the bit for any restart. 

2 hours ago, neophox said:

The players can avoid hug each other after a game.

One player will be out tomorrow due to covid. Why dont they take vaccines? 

What difference would that make? The virus still spreads whether you’re vaccinated or not. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Butty said:

What difference would that make? The virus still spreads whether you’re vaccinated or not. 

Vaccines have never been promoted on it stopping the spread or stopping the individual getting Covid.  It is about ensuring if you do get the virus you do not get too seriously ill and potentially dying, it effectively reduces your chance of hospitalisation and taking up much needed hospital beds.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Bad Boy said:

Vaccines have never been promoted on it stopping the spread or stopping the individual getting Covid.  It is about ensuring if you do get the virus you do not get too seriously ill and potentially dying, it effectively reduces your chance of hospitalisation and taking up much needed hospital beds.

Which, in an elite athlete is absloutely miniscule.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Butty said:

My understanding is that one of our players has to miss the game because he's self-isolating as a close contact BECAUSE he's unvaccinated, whereas another player or players who were also close contacts are double jabbed and can therefore play. Unless I'm totally getting that wrong?

2 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

My understanding is that one of our players has to miss the game because he's self-isolating as a close contact BECAUSE he's unvaccinated, whereas another player or players who were also close contacts are double jabbed and can therefore play. Unless I'm totally getting that wrong?

Nope that is correct.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bad Boy said:

That was the point I was making to Neo who was questioning why a lot of players aren’t vaccinated because even if they were you’d still be having games called off left right and centre!

They don’t stop the spread just helps the severity of the symptoms, I can only guess a lot of footballers would back themselves to beat the virus without being jabbed which is fair enough and is their choice. Everyone should have that choice and be able to decide for themselves if the want to be jabbed. 

• Like 1