BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

So now they are under embargo which would be funny until you consider we are in between windows which is a bit pointless.

20 point deduction anyone ?

EFL giving themselves a nice pat on the back for handing out literally the most pointless punishment in footballing history.

• Like 4

It's high time the EFL took a firmer stance on this, or cheats will continue to think they can prosper.

Fines and embargos are proven not to work, a team needs to be made an example of. Relegation from the football league seems the only sensible course of action to follow. 

• Like 3

Good old EFL eventually imposing a sanction that will have zero impact on the Club.

So there's no point to this other than the League being able to turn around and use this as 'evidence' of them taking things seriously and adopting a zero tolerance approach.

Of course there is a way around this - the embargo is carried over into the summer and enforced in the PL - or at least reinstated once they inevitably return to the EFL.

So that's Burnley and Sheff Utd both under transfer embargos yet both likely to be outside of EFL jurisdiction in the next few months so meaningless.

Huddersfield, Wigan, Reading and Birmingham up to all sorts of financial/organisational nonsense yet no sanctions imposed.

EFL not fit for purpose.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Good old EFL eventually imposing a sanction that will have zero impact on the Club.

So there's no point to this other than the League being able to turn around and use this as 'evidence' of them taking things seriously and adopting a zero tolerance approach.

Of course there is a way around this - the embargo is carried over into the summer and enforced in the PL - or at least reinstated once they inevitably return to the EFL.

So that's Burnley and Sheff Utd both under transfer embargos yet both likely to be outside of EFL jurisdiction in the next few months so meaningless.

Huddersfield, Wigan, Reading and Birmingham up to all sorts of financial/organisational nonsense yet no sanctions imposed.

EFL not fit for purpose.

Reading have been under strict transfer ban which the EFL need to authorise every transfer deal for them, but some else they have even broken that. 

What Financial nonsense has happened at Huddersfield? Hoyle is paying the bills still but he wants out and looking for a buyer. Putting them into administration this week would means a 12 point deduction this season and chance to find a new owner. Rumours of owner of AZ Alkmaar being interested in buying the club. 

Wigan not paying wages on time again this season. How many times this season? 

As for Burnley its seems a problem with the club accounts and filling them on time  

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

As for Burnley its seems a problem with the club accounts and filling them on time 

At this point it is merely late submission, not a problem with the accounts. Of course once fully submitted- and the club claim this has now been done - there could be issues with the accounts but at this point there is no suggestion or accusation of financial improprieties. I have a couple of limited companies. On occasion we’ve been fined by the tax man for late submission. If that is all it is, delays as a result of change of accountant (auditor) then nothing to worry about. My concerns are why are we changing auditors at the end of the cycle etc. If there is anything more to this we will soon know.

All that said some of the desperate attempts on here to suggest a points deduction etc are quite funny - if they took the standard 12 points for admin we’d still be top of the league 😂 & if they took an unthinkable 20 we’d still be above you.

We really need to get over this embargo news. I know a lot of the comments are tongue in cheek, but there’s plenty of our fans genuinely calling Burnley cheats, the EFL corrupt, and demanding point deductions and relegations.

It’s a late submission of accounts which automatically leads to a block in registering new players. It’s an administrative hold up. We only need to cast our minds back 2 years to when we were in the exact same boat (along with Birmingham, Cardiff, Coventry,  Huddersfield, Luton, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday and Stoke).

The hysteria from Rovers fans comes across as really bitter. We are better than that.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

We really need to get over this embargo news. I know a lot of the comments are tongue in cheek, but there’s plenty of our fans genuinely calling Burnley cheats, the EFL corrupt, and demanding point deductions and relegations.

It’s a late submission of accounts which automatically leads to a block in registering new players. It’s an administrative hold up. We only need to cast our minds back 2 years to when we were in the exact same boat (along with Birmingham, Cardiff, Coventry,  Huddersfield, Luton, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday and Stoke).

The hysteria from Rovers fans comes across as really bitter. We are better than that.

And some Rovers fans have a sense of humor.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

At this point it is merely late submission, not a problem with the accounts. Of course once fully submitted- and the club claim this has now been done - there could be issues with the accounts but at this point there is no suggestion or accusation of financial improprieties. I have a couple of limited companies. On occasion we’ve been fined by the tax man for late submission. If that is all it is, delays as a result of change of accountant (auditor) then nothing to worry about. My concerns are why are we changing auditors at the end of the cycle etc. If there is anything more to this we will soon know.

All that said some of the desperate attempts on here to suggest a points deduction etc are quite funny - if they took the standard 12 points for admin we’d still be top of the league 😂 & if they took an unthinkable 20 we’d still be above you.

How about 40 then, just to be sure?

I have a horrible feeling about these accounts and think they need looking at by HMRC very closely.

• Like 1

Having a good laugh at some of the hubris and absolute bullshit being spouted on Burnley sites about their ticket allocation for Ewood...

'We'll try and get tickets for the home Ends'

'Will be Hundreds turning up without tickets on the night'

'Rovers fault if there is trouble on the night'

More Brains in a Meat Pie some of their lot...make no mistake.🤪

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I did say they were late being filed and that's why there is problem with the accounts. (that's what I meant)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

'We'll try and get tickets for the home Ends'

Ahh the famous ‘tickets in the home end brigade’

If I recall correctly around 10,000 Rovers were in homes seats at the turf last few meetings and a similar amount in the home ends at Ewood. Has the allocation even been confirmed yet?

7 minutes ago, booth said:

As plenty of Burnley fans said about our O'Brien fiasco, a rule is a rule.

Yep - and in our case the rule says if you are late submitting accounts you can’t register new players - I suppose we could appeal, appeal the appeal and then go to arbitration …

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Speak for yourself! 🙂