BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

4 minutes ago, only2garners said:

The police were particularly concerned about the game at Ewood when I went to a prep meeting for the Turf Moor game. With no bubble the opportunity for confrontation between fans is much greater at Ewood and would be exacerbated should 7,000 Burnley fans be allowed.

The only way Burnley fans are going to be in home areas is if Rovers fans on the database buy them for them or if they got themselves on the database a month ago.

The Police concerns have non doubt been made worse now that the game is on a midweek night rather than a Sunday lunchtime.

Couldn't they have just bought a Reading ticket for a tenner to get themselves on the database?

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

Couldn't they have just bought a Reading ticket for a tenner to get themselves on the database?

No. The database was closed some time in mid February. The date was given at the Fans Forum last week but I didn't minute it - I think it was 19th but don't quote me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

I'd have given them 10%, same as what we got, no arguments. Means they get more fans yes, but nothing daft like 7,000 of them. Shouldn't be punished for having a bigger stadium and therefore being forced to give a huge away following, especially in such a big game. A few extra quid doesn't make sense.

Can see why it's limited - no idea if police involved. Just hope it doesn't lead to a Rangers/Celtic style tit-for-tat over allocation with each constantly getting lower allocations each game. 

I'm glad we haven't rolled out the red carpet, that's for sure. 

Almost certainly.

Well done Rovers or the police for giving them the allocation they have. Hopefully they are subjected to the rigorous searches we endured at their place and Rovers prevent flags and flasks being taken into the ground. As the busiest steward in the world said to me as she threatened to throw me and my granddaughter out of their midden "we have a zero tolerance policy on flags".

Gobshites.

• Like 9

Isn't it best they are in the lower tier? West Ham stuck us in their lower tier years ago and their fans in the top tier gave us a good old Cockney welcome by lobbing spittle at us from a great height right through the match

Good decision by Rovers officials  - got it right for once

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Displaced Rover said:

Eye for an eye. Very simple, they took a small minded view in the away fixture. As others have said, shame they aren't up in the top tier.

They gave us all they could? Not that I’m bothered about them getting 2k but they couldn’t have given us any more for the reverse fixture. 

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Isn't it best they are in the lower tier? West Ham stuck us in their lower tier years ago and their fans in the top tier gave us a good old Cockney welcome by lobbing spittle at us from a great height right through the match

Good decision by Rovers officials  - got it right for once

Wasn’t that the premier league winning season? - I’m sure we were in the lower tier then.

I also remember getting chased back to our coach!

Edited by wilsdenrover

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

An eye for an eye - they give us a small allocation they get the same in return. We would have sold the entire Cricket Field stand had they provided it as they have in the past, instead they refused and provided a small allocation. One set of toilets open for the entire away following too which was a disgrace.

For once I fully support this decision, my only 'grievances' are not putting them upstairs and giving them 250 hospitality tickets - I sincerely hope those people won't be behind me in the JW stand jumping up and down or banging on the glass like they have in the past. I am pleased however that those hospitality tickets have effectively come out of their overall allocation, reducing standard tickets to just 2000.

There's too much history with this fixture, too much riding on it from Rovers' point of view with our league position, to hand over a huge allocation to them. Nobody else provides 6,7,8000 tickets to away teams, let alone their biggest enemies, so not sure on what basis we should be expected to do so.

Next stop is to make the day as unpleasant as possible for them as they did to us - no beer sales, one set of toilets open for the whole lot of them, and a zero tolerance approach to any flags being brought into the ground.

And if they don't like it they can start by asking questions of their own Club who were the first to do all those things.

As for dingles 'turning up' in Blackburn or at Ewood - really? You'd have to be real weirdo to not have a ticket, yet spend your day travelling to Blackburn for no reason other than to hang around causing bother, especially when your team is on tv and you can safely watch it from home/a pub in dingleland, yet you'd rather miss watching your team play to hang around like a spare part in Blackburn? Sounds like a real fun day out. Almost as though they aren't actually interested in watching the match....

Pretty certain, hospitality will be in Darwen end, old legend lounge.

It wouldn’t matter if we’d given them 20,000 tickets, you’d still have a load of empty headed fantasists claiming they had tickets in the home end and we’re going to “take over” and “embarrass us on and off the pitch”.

Their Walter Mitty element is unrivalled. However, if any of them are daft enough to pay £100 for what basically amounts to a quarter of a season ticket, fine. They’ll end up ejected/arrested unless they stay sat on their hands and keep their mouths shut.

• Like 3

I’d be annoyed if I was a Burnley fan and it was correct that this wasn’t on police advice. We could have easily have given them the 3000 in the whole top tier, although I suspect they would still whinge.

The funny thing here is that, when we play them next, there’s little they can do as a response as they gave us practically the minimum 2000 allowed by EFL rules anyway so can’t go any lower.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

They could have shifted the season ticket holders out of the away end to give us the whole stand quite easily.

Why would they want to do that? It wouldn’t have been easy, it would have been a pain to organise and would have caused a load of bad feeling shitting on their own fans who had committed to season tickets.  Why should they do that for us and not Preston or Sunderland who could also have filled that end.

Don’t get me wrong it’s funny, but a bit difficult to justify.

33 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Wasn’t that the premier league winning season? - I’m sure we were in the lower tier then.

I also remember getting chased back to our coach!

End of the 2010-11 season, at the old Upton Park, we were in danger of going down for a while but ended about 15th IIRC after winning a 3-2 thriller at Wolves on the last day Robbie Keane missed a sitter for West Ham near the end so we escaped with a 1-1 draw. Their fans are 'orrible, Cockney geezers. Decent Rovers team - N'Zonzi, Samba, Emerton, Nelsen, Olsson etc

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Why would they want to do that? It wouldn’t have been easy, it would have been a pain to organise and would have caused a load of bad feeling shitting on their own fans who had committed to season tickets.  Why should they do that for us and not Preston or Sunderland who could also have filled that end.

Don’t get me wrong it’s funny, but a bit difficult to justify.

I didn’t say it would be easy. Just in response to a comment that they gave us the maximum they could - it’s just not true.

We don’t owe the dingles anything, we’ve had decent cup run, I wouldn’t let any more of them in than we absolutely have to for what is shaping up to be a massively important game for us (beyond it’s usual significance).

• Like 1