BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

7 minutes ago, goozburger said:

They are still only a point and goal difference from safety. I think there will be three teams even worse than them to see them safe. Namely Sheffield United, Luton Town, and Bournemouth.

It's not just masochism from me, but also a jinx because I'm usually wrong. 😄

Sheff Utd have a bit more fight in the dog, Luton will also go down fighting and B,Mouth have the players to stay up if they can get their act together.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Sheff Utd have a bit more fight in the dog, Luton will also go down fighting and B,Mouth have the players to stay up if they can get their act together.

The games that will decide the relegation places, are the ones against each other.

It was easy for Burnley last season. they had the biggest budget and the best players.

This season is a true test of their manager and he's failing at the moment. They look a soft touch who can only play one way. Not sure what they spent £120m on in the summer but it hasn't improved them from the bits of them I've seen. 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

Watched the highlights this morning and was surprised just how bad the defending was for one of the goals. 
A pass without much pace on it at all crept across the box for a tap in at the back post. The other two goals, fair enough, they were hit very well. 
I know their manager has a lot of credit in the bank, but I do wonder if their owner will start to panic….

5 hours ago, lraC said:

How much have they spent and does that spell trouble, if they do go down? 

Saw a graphic that they were the 10th biggest spenders in world football this summer. The graphic included some Saudi teams so about the 6th or 7th biggest spenders in Europe. Think the figure they spent was £120m.

The issue with Burnley iirc was the way the new owners have funded the purchase, mortgaging the club to the hilt basically. They'll probably be fine if they stay in the Prem, but think the issues will come if they go down and stay down for a couple of seasons. 

The team could gel and come good eventually, but their summer recruitment is looking more questionable with each defeat. Some of their key players last season were loans that haven't been signed permanently, and it appears that Kompany doesn't know his best team yet. They signed a lot of young players that haven't played in this country, never mind the Premier League.

The change in goalkeeper continues to baffle me. James Trafford I know did well for the England U21s but he was playing LEAGUE ONE football last season with Bolton, who didn't even go up. The jump up from that to Premier League football at such a young age is putting a lot of expectation on him, especially with their leaker defence.

Bournemouth away next up will be interesting.

4 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Saw a graphic that they were the 10th biggest spenders in world football this summer. The graphic included some Saudi teams so about the 6th or 7th biggest spenders in Europe. Think the figure they spent was £120m.

The issue with Burnley iirc was the way the new owners have funded the purchase, mortgaging the club to the hilt basically. They'll probably be fine if they stay in the Prem, but think the issues will come if they go down and stay down for a couple of seasons. 

I did read an article about the debt they put the club in, when buying it. In some ways it seemed like a smaller version of what United did.

Spending like they did looks like a real risk, so makes me wonder what their aim is. Cut and run possibly?

• Moderation Lead

The bottom 5 in the PL this year seem to be a fair bit worse than the rest. Having said that, the GD of the bottom three is already quite bad. Quite a few of them have spent a fair amount of money, too. Goes to show how inflated transfer fees have become…