BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

44 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

On a side note, is Chaddy banned or something? Deadline day is that lads Christmas and birthday rolled into one.

I was wondering that.

If he wouldn't have sold Brereton for £150m, I'd love to have seen what he thought about the prospect of selling Rothwell to Bournemouth for £3m !

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m as disappointed as most but…

If you’d have offered me Brown, Zeefuik, Markanday, Hedges and Giles with no major sales on January 1st I’d prob have taken it.

Strongly disagree.

I think we desperately need to sign a striker and central midfielder before 11p.m. absolute minimum.

Of the ones we've signed already I think we've been exceptionally unlucky with Markanday but the others aren't particularly inspiring signings

Edit: Have we signed Giles? 

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Certainly not a window in which Venkys have given much investment, fairly underwhelming. They shouldn't be interfering in footballing decisions either.

Giles would be a good loan addition, Zeefuik gives us more depth on the opposite side, we look well stocked in the wing back positions. Hedges hopefully will be a shrewd addition as an attacking option for a nominal fee, you wont get much for 200k in general so hopefully he will be a bargain.

Markanday is not part of my consideration as he cannot play a part in the promotion push, and Brown is not a senior addition.

We look very short of depth. We lack a striker, we are short of midfielders, and we only have 4 centre backs for 3 positions and 1 competent keeper.

Diaz is not playing as a central striker now.

I agree the owners shouldn't get involved in footballing decisions in terms of signings and teams selections etc but they most certainly should have the final say over a player's sale.

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

It’s on the hedges behind the scenes video posted 5 mins ago. Filmed this afternoon. 

Nice. Hedges looks a steal. Looks like he could go straight into the squad for saturday. Matchfit!

Chapman looked happy and still here.

Rothwell looked like he used to. Hopefully he will be his old self on saturday. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

He told the Mods on here he wanted to speak to other messageboards and reluctantly the mods let him go on loan to Rovers chat

BRFCS should get their hands in their pockets and re-sign the lad. He's pure class! We're not the same messageboard without him.

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I agree the owners shouldn't get involved in footballing decisions in terms of signings and teams selections etc but they most certainly should have the final say over a player's sale.

No they shouldn't. Owners delegate the job of choosing players to the manager who is qualified to do so.

They should not allow their own stubbornness to interfere with such decisions. If Mowbray would have preferred to get 2 new players in and felt that it would improve us short and long term, then he should have been allowed too. He knows far more about football than those idiots. If they don't trust him to do that role, which I think would be unfair considering where we are, then they should appoint someone who they do trust.

• Like 3

11 hours at work and not much progress! Though as somebody said we did some good business earlier in the window, Markanday injury hasn’t helped. Giles will be a great addition. It’s keeping players fit that’s the problem. Bournemouth throwing everything to buy players is desperate, can’t keep all of those players happy and expect them to gel straight away and that’s with an average manager.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

No they shouldn't. Owners delegate the job of choosing players to the manager who is qualified to do so.

They should not allow their own stubbornness to interfere with such decisions. If Mowbray would have preferred to get 2 new players in and felt that it would improve us short and long term, then he should have been allowed too. He knows far more about football than those idiots. If they don't trust him to do that role, which I think would be unfair considering where we are, then they should appoint someone who they do trust.

Mate if you believe owners don't have a say in transfer dealings at other clubs then you are deluded.

If they felt selling one of our better performers to a direct promotion rival was ridiculous then they are well within their rights to stop the deal going ahead.They own the club and it is their money.