BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

8 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Genuinely think he'll be lucky to make the bench if they've got any designs on staying up. 

One thing we can say with certainty is that we will never be able to afford to sign him again. 

If he is a success though, it will show that TM wasn't that good at player development. I thought he mismanaged and was detrimental to Harvey Elliott the previous season. With Elliott, Rothwell and Armstrong in the same side we should have been the most feared pacey attacking team in the Championship. Instead we worried about everyone else and nullified our strengths.

• Like 6

People got excited because of how rothwell carried the ball. He got us further up the pitch, without ever really doing anything. The problem was his final ball or the fact he'd get tackled as soon as he got even near to threatening. If he struggled to get goals/assists in the championship in a decent enough team. He will really struggle in the premiership, playing in arguably the worst team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

he could do it 41 times and the end result was a mere 3 goals - inconsistent despite his pace

Which attaching midfielder or forward has been consistent?

Ben, Gally, Buckley, Dolan ? Nope. Common theme under Mowbray’s Rovers.

Edited by Hasta

11 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

People got excited because of how rothwell carried the ball. He got us further up the pitch, without ever really doing anything. The problem was his final ball or the fact he'd get tackled as soon as he got even near to threatening. If he struggled to get goals/assists in the championship in a decent enough team. He will really struggle in the premiership, playing in arguably the worst team.

He was a bit head down when he got into traffic. We had a saying about players like that - “ He dribbles when he comes up to a pair of feet “.

From the centre circle to opposition box he looked like the best player in the world. Beyond that where it counted very rarely did he deliver. The same from his crosses and free kicks. We played most of the season with three tall, towering centre backs. We should of had far more goals from set pieces. I'm not laying all the blame on him but that should've been any easy way to get more assists. He ran like a winger but through the middle of the pitch, which obviously got the fans and myself excited. Good luck to him at Bournemouth. 

• Like 1

Personally, this transfer window is an interesting one. It’s not often a club goes 5 years between managers so we are going into a bit of an unknown period.

Hopefully, the appointments of JDT and Broughton will prove to be as good in reality as they do on paper. 

I’m not concerned about the lack of names spouted about in the media, I’d argue there success rate is less than 10% and our deals tend to get done behind the scenes.

Looking at our squad, there’s quite a few replacements we need. For me, the CB and CM positions are the ones we are lacking in.

JDT has done the right thing with taking the youngsters away with the first team. I hope Phillips gets a few minutes this season but he’d need an experienced head next to him. Ayala is the only one at the club who is that experienced but unfortunately, he’s injured too often so his wage is hard to justify.

One of my closest friends is aligned to a football agency and he has said we are in for an experienced CB (CL, international, PL) who is currently in a contract with a “big” club but is deemed as surplus to requirements.

Now I don’t want to share the names in case it comes back on him but I’d imagine if we get this player, it would suggest Ayala is off.

Every now and then (I’d say 1 in 10) he gets wrong but he’s been right about Nyambe not renewing, Dack getting a new deal as well as other things like Ajayi picking WBA over us. The main one he was wrong about was Wil Trapp coming over but apparently that was very close to being done.

So understandable if you take this with a pinch of salt (as I do with internet/social media rumours) but just thought I’d sprinkle something I’ve heard into this chat.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, CoconutGrove said:

One of my closest friends is aligned to a football agency and he has said we are in for an experienced CB (CL, international, PL) who is currently in a contract with a “big” club but is deemed as surplus to requirements.

Now I don’t want to share the names in case it comes back on him but I’d imagine if we get this player, it would suggest Ayala is off.

Jones? He'll have to take £4000 a week mind!

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Adam Armstrong was. 

Ben Brereton did for half a season before his injury

Armstrong was once he actually played him in his right position. 

Rothwell was playing well  for several games during that good run leading up to Christmas. Then he went off the boil. That’s what made him inconsistent. Same with Brereton. Was nowhere near the same player for the last couple of months. My point is that’s not necessarily the players fault as it happened across the entire team under Mowbray. 

Inconsistency, with endless back to back unbeaten runs and death spirals, summed up the entire Mowbray reign. 

Edited by Hasta

41 minutes ago, CoconutGrove said:

No offence, but as this is your first post on here your ITK reputation level is ‘bullshit’. 

However we all start somewhere. If this comes off you will leap above the Nicko level and the Mercer level. Maybe one day you too can achieve the status of 100% Unleaded.

Good luck.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, CoconutGrove said:

Phil Jones. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hasta said:

No offence, but as this is your first post on here your ITK reputation level is ‘bullshit’. 

However we all start somewhere. If this comes off you will leap above the Nicko level and the Mercer level. Maybe one day you too can achieve the status of 100% Unleaded.

Good luck.

Oh, that's harsh.

I think we all (from birth) default to being above 'Nicko ITK' level.

• Like 1

We need to 'trade' Ayala if possible not just push him out the door or pay him off.

Get a few quid from some club in a warm country and put his wages to better use otherwise lets have a tune out of him.  If he does well for a few months and helps get points on the board before the inevitable rest then fair enough.  Hopefully JDT and the gang can assess him if we can't get a replacement now there is always Jan.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We need to 'trade' Ayala if possible not just push him out the door or pay him off.

Get a few quid from some club in a warm country and put his wages to better use otherwise lets have a tune out of him.  If he does well for a few months and helps get points on the board before the inevitable rest then fair enough.  Hopefully JDT and the gang can assess him if we can't get a replacement now there is always Jan.

Think it might be a bit ambitious to get a fee for him - but I agree that we might as well keep him if someone won't take on his entire contract. Twenty games of Ayala next season might end up being valuable, even if we can't rely on him to stay fit. 

1 hour ago, CoconutGrove said:

if not Jones, has to be either...

Mathias Jørgensen (ooooh danish fwends)
Kurt Zouma (cat killer)
Angelo Ogbonna (past it)
Joe Rodon (average)
Daniel Amartey (average)
Mads Bech Sørensen (ooooh more danish fwends)

• Like 1