BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

if the chicken mob back him as much as they did with mowbray there should`nt be a problem,moggadon was given plenty of cash until they realised he was never going to take us anywhere but mid table,i think they unsurprisingly stopped the funds coming

it`s slightly concerning there are no players in yet,but lets stop all the doom and gloom,if we are near bottom by november then thats the time to start moaning

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Give him time. His method was always to assess first. Frustrating I know.

I think he might walk at christmas or failing that, at the end of the season.

I hope he proves to be a huge success here but if he’s not backed, and i cant see it, its pretty much on the cards

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

It’s up there with a few horrendous posts I’ve seen recently…No one has a right to judge until, id say, a few weeks into the season…signings will come…Markanday is more or less a new signing…We have some good young lads coming through which, who knows, could surprise us.

No doubt we will see more of Hedges & I think Gally will see 15+ goals this season…that’s a lot for me to say as I’m not his biggest fan.

Markanday will be playing centre-back at this rate.

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think he’ll do better than Armstrong has. Not difficult I know.

i think top class defenders will have ben for breakfast,he`s a flicker and not a holder,that good asset he has of playing on defenders shoulders and running past them  will be nullified at a higher level,he`s a strange player imo,he`s not a centre forward and he`s not a winger,iv`e never figured him out add his somewhat fragile confidence and it`s a bad recipe for top flight football

27 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I bet we won’t do better as a club.

The Armstrong money was trousered, I’d wager the Brereton money will be too.

Mowbray will turn a massive profit on these 2 players alone, I’m surprised they got rid, as promotion has never been a priority for these owners, buying cheap and selling for profit is more important to them. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yes he's a miles better all round player his first touch and movement carrying the ball is Prem class at times.

Arma is just your old school head down run and shoot type who is sadly about 20 years too late to be a Prem hit.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gav said:

I bet we won’t do better as a club.

The Armstrong money was trousered, I’d wager the Brereton money will be too.

Mowbray will turn a massive profit on these 2 players alone, I’m surprised they got rid, as promotion has never been a priority for these owners, buying cheap and selling for profit is more important to them. 

Yet Rothwell cost next to nothing and could have gone for 3+ million representing proper Brentford style trading.

Truth is there is no plan from Venkys they just operate on whims.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yet Rothwell cost next to nothing and could have gone for 3+ million representing proper Brentford style trading.

Based on information shared by a poster here, it was apparently the conduit who said no to that sale.

If that's the case, it suggests this notion of following Brentford's model is nothing but fantasy. An empty idea to make it look they have a plan. There is no plan in Venkyland.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yes he's a miles better all round player his first touch and movement carrying the ball is Prem class at times.

Arma is just your old school head down run and shoot type who is sadly about 20 years too late to be a Prem hit.

He's a much better player than Armstrong, but he's still not a £15m player in my opinion. 

21 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Balaji can’t rock up at the Pune Working Mens Club and boast about pocket change like that over a cold Lassi!

£10, £15, or £20 million is where it’s at.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's a much better player than Armstrong, but he's still not a £15m player in my opinion. 

Factor in though he cost half that and is now twice the player he was, that's how this crazy business works now.

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

People have this impression that the ‘model’ the last few years is too buy cheap and sell high, but apart from AA when has it actually happened?

They actually got it going under Bowyer if we consider

Rudy - a million maybe with inc ons and sold for 6.

Duffy - similar and sold for 3.5 ish

Hanley - cost no fee and sold for similar to Duffy

Cairney - a millionish and sold for 3 mill

Even Marshall i think brought a fee double for what was paid.

Problem there is it was a fire sale over a period of time to obviously recoup running costs and there was no re-investment.

Then they went bigger fees but will end up only with lower or similar profit margins and as before likely no re-investment.  Remember it took relegation last time to get that ball rolling again.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

People have this impression that the ‘model’ the last few years is too buy cheap and sell high, but apart from AA when has it actually happened?

I'm still sure that's the plan but no plans will work when executed by incompetent staff.

56 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Based on information shared by a poster here, it was apparently the conduit who said no to that sale.

If that's the case, it suggests this notion of following Brentford's model is nothing but fantasy. An empty idea to make it look they have a plan. There is no plan in Venkyland.

I don't think we can use Rothwell as an example - 2nd in the league and sell to one of our main rivals ? Hindsight has shown the wrong call was made - but fans would have been up in arms if he had been sold.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, tomphil said:

They actually got it going under Bowyer if we consider

Rudy - a million maybe with inc ons and sold for 6.

Duffy - similar and sold for 3.5 ish

Hanley - cost no fee and sold for similar to Duffy

Cairney - a millionish and sold for 3 mill

Even Marshall i think brought a fee double for what was paid.

Problem there is it was a fire sale over a period of time to obviously recoup running costs and there was no re-investment.

Then they went bigger fees but will end up only with lower or similar profit margins and as before likely no re-investment.  Remember it took relegation last time to get that ball rolling again.

Bowyer's dad was a brilliant scout. 

• Like 7

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

So you agree with Judging JDT is going to shit yet we’ve not kicked a ball under him? 

What? I never said that at all, re read my post. Think you might need a lie down big man.